Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    @skullfunkerry nice hangar photo. 

I was also torn with this one, probably because the theme has so many possibilities. 

This was my other option for entry. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Neilybob said:

I was also torn with this one, probably because the theme has so many possibilities. 

Nice work! I think you've gone with the right one there, but there's not much in it, they're both crackers.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Neilybob said:

Nice work! I think you've gone with the right one there, but there's not much in it, they're both crackers.
    Thank you 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    @Jaycee what’s your shot of? I’ve been trying to figure it out. 
  • boogieman said:

Same here! I think it might be a toadstool or mushroom, but I'm not sure...

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 263
    boogieman said:

boogieman said:

Oh dear I may have to change it =) It is a mushroom
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 2999
    Jaycee said:
    boogieman said:

boogieman said:

I like it , its interesting to look at and captures the imagination, IMO thats what photography is all about, If a photo stops you scrolling and gets you thinking then it works for me.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Neilybob said:
    Neilybob said:

Thank you 
    Does anyone else see the pirate with arms spread downwards holding two swords , standing with his back to us and his head drooped down? Or is it just me?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    robgilmo said:
    Neilybob said:
    Neilybob said:

Thank you 
    Does anyone else see the pirate with arms spread downwards holding two swords , standing with his back to us and his head drooped down? Or is it just me?
    Were his arms made from matchsticks?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Shrews said:
    robgilmo said:
    Neilybob said:
    Neilybob said:

Thank you 
    Were his arms made from matchsticks?
    I hope not, that would be a very unseaworthy vessel if they were.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Jaycee said:
    boogieman said:

boogieman said:

Ah right! I thought it might have been a tree stump. 
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1477

Such an open subject this month – and amazing entries, but I have gone for something less about technique and more about sentiment. My father passed away recently, so inevitably I have been going through some stuff. This is a photo I have taken of a black and white photo of me and him, probably around 1968 when the circus came to town.

He’s doing his best beatnik impersonation and I am trying not to look to daunted by cuddling a live lioncub. You can see I was already thinking about how to hold a guitar !

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  •  @Jonathangus ;is your entry an infra red photo?

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
     @Jonathangus ;is your entry an infra red photo?
    It does look like it, doesn't it?  No, it's just a pic of a tree which looked quite nondescript until I started playing with the various monochrome filters on my phone.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    I’m off on holibobs today and probably won’t have much of a signal for interwebby things for the next two weeks. 

Can I send votes via PM @skullfunkerry for you to drop in the thread on my behalf?

Obvs makes it difficult if there are any late entries I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that’s the only issue I can foresee. 

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Haych said:
    I’m off on holibobs today and probably won’t have much of a signal for interwebby things for the next two weeks. 

Can I send votes via PM @skullfunkerry for you to drop in the thread on my behalf?

Obvs makes it difficult if there are any late entries I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ that’s the only issue I can foresee. 
    Yes that's fine mate. Looking at the entries I think most of the usual suspects have entered already so you should be okay (famous last words, ha!) :)

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    Haych said:

Yes that's fine mate. Looking at the entries I think most of the usual suspects have entered already so you should be okay (famous last words, ha!) :)
    Hang fire. Not that I’m expecting you to vote for me but I’m hoping to get my entry in this evening  :)
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    edited August 2023
    beed84 said:
    Haych said:

Yes that's fine mate. Looking at the entries I think most of the usual suspects have entered already so you should be okay (famous last words, ha!)
    Hang fire. Not that I’m expecting you to vote for me but I’m hoping to get my entry in this evening 
    Ok, but the ship sails in about an hour. I’ll message with my prelim vote and if there’s any change I’ll do my best to message skullfunkerry with an update. 

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Haych said:
    beed84 said:
    Haych said:

Yes that's fine mate. Looking at the entries I think most of the usual suspects have entered already so you should be okay (famous last words, ha!)
    Hang fire. Not that I’m expecting you to vote for me but I’m hoping to get my entry in this evening 
    Ok, but the ship sails in about an hour. I’ll message with my prelim vote and if there’s any change I’ll do my best to message skullfunkerry with an update. 
    Oh man... shit just got real #pressure :lol:

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    Haych said:
    beed84 said:
    Haych said:

Well, by not caving in to pressure I've decided to forgo a potential vote – I'm not quite ready to enter yet. As you were @Haych . Enjoy your holiday!
  • beed84 said:
    Haych said:
    beed84 said:
    Haych said:

Well, by not caving in to pressure I've decided to forgo a potential vote – I'm not quite ready to enter yet. As you were @Haych . Enjoy your holiday!
    I've awarded you a consultation Wow, I hope that helps :)

• Really tough to vote this month, it had to come down to tiny little things in the end.

I have to ask - @westford - what is that in your photo? Is it a spider's web with raindrops?

• westfordwestford Frets: 514
    @skullfunkerry yes, it’s a sheet web in the rain.
    Easiest week so far ....... B)
  • August's winner has just been announced :)

Well done spoilt for choice this time around, made voting hard

• Afternoon you lovely lot. New competition thread is up :)

• This month's competition needs an Awww button! :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Just posted my entry for this month... was going to go with this one but noticed it fell just outside the time limit:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2023
    Would have loved to have entered this one in the Septembers Photography Contest but sadly I took it in 2015 . 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter