Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Official FB Jam - Water Rats (Woking) Edition - 13th April 2019 - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Official FB Jam - Water Rats (Woking) Edition - 13th April 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2843
    Nearly a full house! Nice, looking forward to it although not learnt anything yet despite @munckee lending me some tab books! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MtBMtB Frets: 908
    Is there a song list yet? If so, where? If not, why not?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    I have to get through Quad and Hudders yet!!

Though was that a volunteer to start a songlist thread? ;)
    You do need to start a new thread and list the attendees again tho - need to keep song suggestions out of this thread. 2 suggestions per attendee
    edited November 2018
    Please see the separate thread for the play list suggestions. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I’ve paid for this ! Have just checked my PayPal account - was transferred on the 15th August.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    After the blood letting I gather the survivors are getting their money reimbursed so we need to arrange a system of paying and start again.  @poopot are you still not going to water rats or can you be convinced with a hug and some kind words (not from me obvs I don't do touching : ) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9089
    munckee said:
    After the blood letting I gather the survivors are getting their money reimbursed so we need to arrange a system of paying and start again.  @poopot are you still not going to water rats or can you be convinced with a hug and some kind words (not from me obvs I don't do touching : ) 
    That’s not true... I was very “touched” last time we met!
  • Just received a reimbursement for this I think? Have I missed something?
    TL:DR - Tony’s off so has refunded everyone (rather than pass on the funds to the organisers) and poopot cant make it (and is banned). We need someone local to take up the reins finding a drummer and we’ll help out with organising on the day. Any takers?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    mrkb said:
    We need someone local to take up the reins finding a drummer and we’ll help out with organising on the day. Any takers?

To take this one step further, without a local lead organiser, and a drummer who is capable of and willing to learn all the songs, this event is very likely to be cancelled.

The (frankly excellent, and if you don't like it, fine, we can have our own jam... with blackjack, and hookers and blow, actually forget the jam...) format we have run to this point (wide variety of songs on setlist, all abilities welcome, songs rather than just noodling over some chords, etc.) relies almost 100% on having the pro standard drummer there to hold it all together.

We have been bluddy lucky to date with the drummers we have had at the jams, they have been top guys and excellent musicians.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    mrkb said:
    We need someone local to take up the reins finding a drummer and we’ll help out with organising on the day. Any takers?

To take this one step further, without a local lead organiser, and a drummer who is capable of and willing to learn all the songs, this event is very likely to be cancelled.

The (frankly excellent, and if you don't like it, fine, we can have our own jam... with blackjack, and hookers and blow, actually forget the jam...) format we have run to this point (wide variety of songs on setlist, all abilities welcome, songs rather than just noodling over some chords, etc.) relies almost 100% on having the pro standard drummer there to hold it all together.

We have been bluddy lucky to date with the drummers we have had at the jams, they have been top guys and excellent musicians.
    Hi Ed,

It will get sorted, I take it you are still in once we have sorted payment method and drummer, both in progress.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    edited December 2018
    munckee said:
    mrkb said:

Hi Ed,

It will get sorted, I take it you are still in once we have sorted payment method and drummer, both in progress.
    Yes mate, I had a whole weekend planned around it!

@munckee is it fair to say you have "stepped in" to the role of local organiser?  If so, fair play to you sir :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    Whilst I got refunded for the February Sasquatch 2019, TTony forgot to refund my payment for WaterRat in April.

As things stand, my work has taken up much of my thinking and time over the last few weeks, that April 2019 seems like a lifetime away. Work will continue to take me out on the road into next year, and after much thought I'm withdrawing from the session. Partly because I'm not going to pay twice, and partly because I'm happy to step back to allow someone more local to take up a slot.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    Hi All,

Having read the other thread about this I'm a touch confused. Would be interested in popping along and joining in but am not certain it is even going ahead. 

Trying to force myself to get out and play with other people  so think this would be great. Can someone confirm it's still happening and whether there is still another space? It looked like there was but then it all seemed to go mental. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    Hi All,

Having read the other thread about this I'm a touch confused. Would be interested in popping along and joining in but am not certain it is even going ahead. 

Trying to force myself to get out and play with other people  so think this would be great. Can someone confirm it's still happening and whether there is still another space? It looked like there was but then it all seemed to go mental. 
    Still going ahead thanks to @munckee stepping up to help out. 

This other thread has the latest.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/2107381#Comment_2107381

thanks man

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    thanks man
    No problem. Do come along, I can't play for toffee but looking forward to meeting up with everyone, getting some tips and looking at some quality gear.
    I 'think' I have a nice narrow Goldilocks zone where I sound quite good, but that zone sadly includes probably zero songs anyone else wants to play. 

• grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1252
    edited February 2019
    All,

What's the score with bringing gear along to this (sorry first time).

I'm happy to bring any of the following if it's required or peops would just like to experience..

Amps
    Suhr SL68 + Marshall 4x12
    Carr Rambler
    Louis Electric Deltone
    Vyse Deluxe
    Ceriatone HRM50 BM

From a guitar perspective I'll bring the '61 Strat for peops to have a play on plus something a little more practical for me!

Si

Ditto was going to bring my Marshall Astoria Dual and pedalboard plus Les Paul and Strat

In terms of gear there are amps in the recording room but bring your own to play in practice rooms, pedal boards too.  Time is short on the day in the recording room so there isn't really time for everyone to set up a pedalboard for each time.  If there are pedals people feel are essential it would be worth seeing if we can set up a generic pedal board that stays in place for the lead amp.  @Bridgehouse @poopot ;and @mrkb can hopefully remind me what we did last time for pedals?
    munckee said:
    In terms of gear there are amps in the recording room but bring your own to play in practice rooms, pedal boards too.  Time is short on the day in the recording room so there isn't really time for everyone to set up a pedalboard for each time.  If there are pedals people feel are essential it would be worth seeing if we can set up a generic pedal board that stays in place for the lead amp.  @Bridgehouse @poopot ;and @mrkb can hopefully remind me what we did last time for pedals?
    There were four amps setup in the recording room, and they were the backline for the day. I think they were a mix of the studios amps and fretboarders who were happy for others to use them in the main room. All the amps were miked for recording and rough levels were set. For each song people just plugged into a suitable amp, checked level was still OK and played. The day is more about playing live than perfecting the ‘as recorded’ album track tones.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Presumably there is an acoustic amp?
    Fuengi said:
    Presumably there is an acoustic amp?
    Last time I believe we miced acoustic guitar. Is that right @McToot  you played  your Larrivee I think?
    You can DI acoustics into the PA
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 1977
    I plugged straight into the desk on someone else's Taylor but it was a faff and then  the guys in the desk goofed up and I had to re-record on my iPhone and have that dropped in... 

if if we have acoustic songs I would suggest that someone brings a decent amp and leaves it in the live room. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

edited February 2019
    mrkb said:
    munckee said:
    In terms of gear there are amps in the recording room but bring your own to play in practice rooms, pedal boards too.  Time is short on the day in the recording room so there isn't really time for everyone to set up a pedalboard for each time.  If there are pedals people feel are essential it would be worth seeing if we can set up a generic pedal board that stays in place for the lead amp.  @Bridgehouse @poopot ;;and @mrkb can hopefully remind me what we did last time for pedals?
    There were four amps setup in the recording room, and they were the backline for the day. I think they were a mix of the studios amps and fretboarders who were happy for others to use them in the main room. All the amps were miked for recording and rough levels were set. For each song people just plugged into a suitable amp, checked level was still OK and played. The day is more about playing live than perfecting the ‘as recorded’ album track tones.

I have a smallish pedalboard with all the basics on it - Tuner - Sunface Fuzz - Treble Booster - Phaser - OD, DIST, Delay, Reverb - and a wah that I'm happy for people to play through. Likewise I'm interested in hearing my amp (Marshall Astoria Dual 30w) turned up a bit with other people playing through it so if people want to use that I'm totally happy for them to do so. 

Let me know on the day I guess as I'll be bringing it all with me. 

I've got an electro acoustic as well if anyone needs that. 

soma1975 said:
    mrkb said:
    munckee said:
    In terms of gear there are amps in the recording room but bring your own to play in practice rooms, pedal boards too.  Time is short on the day in the recording room so there isn't really time for everyone to set up a pedalboard for each time.  If there are pedals people feel are essential it would be worth seeing if we can set up a generic pedal board that stays in place for the lead amp.  @Bridgehouse @poopot ;;and @mrkb can hopefully remind me what we did last time for pedals?

I have a smallish pedalboard with all the basics on it - Tuner - Sunface Fuzz - Treble Booster - Phaser - OD, DIST, Delay, Reverb - and a wah that I'm happy for people to play through. Likewise I'm interested in hearing my amp (Marshall Astoria Dual 30w) turned up a bit with other people playing through it so if people want to use that I'm totally happy for them to do so. 

Let me know on the day I guess as I'll be bringing it all with me. 

I've got an electro acoustic as well if anyone needs that. 

If you are happy for that to be in the recording room that would be great.