Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    @mike_l WOOOO! :)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

Cheers Bucket.

Well happy.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    @mike_l that's fucking awesome, I'm a complete stranger and reading your post made me happy so you must be over the moon

@underdog hell yeah I'm over the moon.

Luckily it was a minor cancer, but still, knowing I'm clear is awesomes.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• d8md8m Frets: 2430
    Just scored a bargain on a cottage in the Lake District for miss d8m and I in September.

We got it for £87 when all the other weeks it was £487 so am pretty sure it was priced wrong on the website.

I've payed now and been given the invoice :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    mike_l said:

Fuck yeah.

Just got the all clear from cancer.

FUCK YEAH

wow to the power of wowsers - nice one mate :) :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    The Company fleeces arrived on Friday afternoon while I wasn't here. I've just got mine. Zip up front, v dark charcoal grey, useful zippy pockets, nicely warm. Company logo over the left tit.

Can't say I need it in the office, but apparently they're windproof too (I guess that's up to some kind of limit) so I'd be happy to go out to a weighbridge site wearing one (doesn't happen that often).
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Examining Compiler & Linker facilities for Microchip PIC32. Made a noddy test program and ran it with their simulator. For reasons I don't want to go into I got curious about what the compiler & linker between them do with your const data, and your read/write initialised data. Looked at the linker map, read up the relevant sections in the XC32 Users Guide, then dumped the ELF file into printable hex and looked for the tell-tale data patterns I'd used in my const and read/write initialised data.

Found the initialisation records in the file, the format & contents all make sense :)
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    May well have just scored some longboard decks from the states at half price, group buy so shipping is a fiver each. Even after duty and vat, a complete deck which retails for $380 is about £110. Chuffed!

Although its not a patch on @mike_l ! Congrats :D
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    There's some more good news from mike_l, more at a more appropriate time.

I've jus handed in my notice at work.

Feels awesomes.

YAY.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited August 2015
    NIce one @mike_l so what's on the horizon now?

@not_the_dj going back to doing truck parts, much closer to home.

Back to doing something I really enjoy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401
    The sky has changed colour from dark grey to light grey. YAY! Summers on its way
     I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sibelius said:
    The sky has changed colour from dark grey to light grey. YAY! Summers on its way

Is there a big yellow object in the sky?

If so the Aliens have arrived.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401
    mike_l said:
    Sibelius said:

No, I saw that for about 2hrs on Saturday. They probably fucked off back home, cause of the weather.
     I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
  • mike_l said:
    Sibelius said:

If he's making strange shapes out of his mashed potato then that's further confirmation ...
    It's not mashed potato though Phil........

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    I finally made a start on the model railway I promised my grandson - the shed has been cleared out and I've built the framework for the base-boards.  And it's level! (even though the shed isn't...)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Congratulations @ mike_l that is fucking fantastic news! I've never met you but I have to say I'm well chuffed for you.
    Hope your celebrating by buying another overdrive!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    allicio said:
    Congratulations @ mike_l that is fucking fantastic news! I've never met you but I have to say I'm well chuffed for you.
    Hope your celebrating by buying another overdrive!

As if 30+ dirts ain't enough.........
    :))

Cheers mate.

• GruGru Frets: 339
    I haven't read all 40 pages, but Mike_i's news is fantastic.

After two very long days at work and getting everything in place for my team. I have 12 days off with the family.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    mike_l;727535" said:
    I've jus handed in my notice at work.

Feels awesomes.

YAY.
    Superb news on both fronts then. Good on yer @mike_l. :)

14 days (inc today and 2 weekends) left.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Factory summer shut down (last of it's kind for us) commences in 2.5 days and lasts 3 whole weeks. I'm gonna play a lot of guitar and feck about in the garden and go barging about the midlands and cycling around Holland. I can hardly wait but experience says it will be over all too quick.
    Anticipation is great here though. Yay hollibobs.

• @ESBlonde - Enjoy!! :)
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1394
    Fitted a new cat on the car, multiple tea and smoke breaks later it drives miles better and is already averaging 10 mpg more
  • speshul91 said:
    Fitted a new cat on the car, multiple tea and smoke breaks later it drives miles better and is already averaging 10 mpg more
    I'm reporting you to the RSPCA
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1394
    Phil_aka_Pip;741902" said:
    speshul91 said:

I'm reporting you to the RSPCA
    If coppers would have walked past I'd have been nicked for my language lol.
  • 6 days off! :D

Going to drink beer, eat nice food, stay up late and plan my trip to Madrid for Vuelta a España.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter