Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• My MSc course materials have just arrived. I have the day off work and the boy is at nursery. I'm excited to get started.... such a geek.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I have an Amazing New Hat.

It is incredibly blue and has retro-reflective thread woven through the yarn so that at night it sparkles in car headlights. What a world we live in.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited October 2014
    Pics please.
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think we'll have a photo of the hat, if it's all the same to you.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 549
    You've sprinkled rice on that hat surely?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Self-dandruffing hat. Those science boffins are amazing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ROOG said:
    You've sprinkled rice on that hat surely?
    I have not, and don't call me Shirley.

The only difference is whether the flash is on on the camera or not.

Mr Cat; please be assured that both the hat and my head are dandruff-free. What you see there is purest science.
  • Self-dandruffing hat. Those science boffins are amazing.

Its either that or the cat has worms ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Or it could be that it's retro-reflective fibre. Just a thought.
    T-hat-'s amazing!!!!!!! (Though you need to check the definition of elegant in your dictionary).
    Nothing wrong with my dictionary - I know that because I wrote it myself. :)
  • From Wikipedia:

"Dandruff

For disambiguation see Dandruff (Voldemort's pubes)                

Dandruff is white stuff that is sometimes in hair but is also sometimes on hats and sholders. Its normally made of retro-reflective fibre. Dogs can have it too but it smells different.

image

History

Dandruff was invented by sceintists in a lab1. It's too hard to explain.

Refences

1) "Scotland's greatest inventions" (Askill & Askill, 1909) 

"

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Hahaha :D
    Everyone knows Wikipedia is made up. Especially me. I made up most of it.

Proof absolute is that there is a page entitled "Culture of Reading, Berkshire". And it's not blank. QED.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Reading,_Berkshire
    Is that the dictionary you were referring to earlier?
    Sometimes. If it suits me.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited September 2013
    MOT day success. The same "front brake disks pitted and worn" warning that I got in 2010 and every MOT since for the same car. Focus brakes are immortal!
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    nice. My car has gone from (last year) "it'll pass no problem" to (this year) "teeth suckingly bad". Ho hum. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• A good friend of mine self-released an album of her piano tunes, and credited me on the the liner notes for thinking of the title of the album :D I only casually mentioned it a few years ago as a possible, so it was a nice surprise she used it.

https://ekaterina.bandcamp.com/album/the-keys-of-e
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • @TTony brought my T shirts round (personal delivery eh?). They're nice, I like them, and if anyone asks about the colour, it's CHARCOAL GREY.

Looked in the mirror ... hmmmm I shall have to lose weight, they fit, but if I get any fatter they won't 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Every time I do a stir-fry, I think what an excellent idea is the Wok. Even if the inventor is a chinese who's been dead for 3000 years, I'll buy him a pint.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

I got back to work today, first thing asked was "How did the hospital go?" made me feel kinda loved...

I got to work today and found a package on my desk. It contained 2 Tshirts....

And I still got a load of Cornwallish fudge to eat

:D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Sometimes it's the little things...

Haircut today. First time in a new place in a new country. Mildly terrifying, but it went well :)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Sometimes it's the little things...

Yep, it is.

Moreso, when the girl who asked, specifically came to ask me.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    MOT day success. The same "front brake disks pitted and worn" warning that I got in 2010 and every MOT since for the same car. Focus brakes are immortal!
    But you're not, so let's hope they don't fail before the next MOT. ;)
  • After all the (slightly heated) technical arguments from my colleague - who has changed his mind about the interface between his code and mine several times but won't admit it and who insisted yesterday that his proposed method was the only sensible one ...

... this morning when I got in he said "I've been thinking about what you said yesterday and I reckon it's the right way to go". I can't say that he won't change his mind again tomorrow, but for now it feels good that I just made my case without getting wound up (although sometimes I do get wound up, but not this time), and logic prevails! ;)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    I just heard a vocal harmony in "Second Hand News" by Fleetwood Mac that I've never heard before, despite having listened to the song many times. It's at 2:00 here, panned to the right. It's quite quiet, try it with headphones.

Brilliant.

Now listening to Songbird. I just love Rumours.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."

I has laptop back.

The motherboard went south on a 6 month old 'puter. All fixed now.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    edited October 2013
    On the beach this morning ...

Those colours may not look natural ... but the shot is as it came off the camera.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter