Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• That makes a nice change Holnrew :) hope the feeling lasts a long time!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • If we're doing name dropping I like to tell folk that I'm one of Holnrew's pals :)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    holnrew said:
    I just feel happy. Thought I'd share.
    don't the other dwarfs complain?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    TTony;31375" said:
    Deadman said:

Sounds like the good old windscreen wiper mechanism fix? Vectra?

Engine under tray on an Audi A6.
    Ah, cool. I saved the same amount with genius fix I mentioned in my post a couple of years ago. It was amazing.
    I play at my dining room table.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    TTony said:

Engine under tray on an Audi A6.

Also a good fix for exhaust mounting rubbers which are past their best - Not that I've ever done that bodge, err, I mean repair....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

If we're doing name dropping I like to tell folk that I'm one of Holnrew's pals :)
    Me too
    :)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Flogged my house, the offer for another was accepted - although being lower than the competition it was because I'm a cash buyer & no mortgage.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

I've just found 2 packs of Haribo in my desk draw. Normally there's only teabags and sugar kept in there (and a few work things...)

I *might* have a sugar rush about 3pm.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Flogged my house, the offer for another was accepted - although being lower than the competition it was because I'm a cash buyer & no mortgage.
    Congrats @Phil_aka_Pip :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Fanx @TTony. However one wonders if the lack of mortgage makes the sellers think "No mortgage means less rigorous survey", so I'm having a decent survey done!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211

Absolutely delighted to announce that I've just renewed our home insurance and see that I'm insured for up to 85K for damage to frozen food and 10 Million quid for damage to my domestic staff.

Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    You have domestic staff? And frozen food?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    are one's outdoor staff also covered?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    viz said:

Absolutely delighted to announce that I've just renewed our home insurance and see that I'm insured for up to 85K for damage to frozen food and 10 Million quid for damage to my domestic staff.

If you slaughter and freeze disobedient staff for later consumption and then a power failure causes them to be spoiled, how much are you covered for?
    These things always skip over the details.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • are there any contents policies that don't have such a stupidy high excess as to require you to have lost a whole freezer full of lobsters before you can claim for lost food in a power cut or that don't clobber you if you do have to claim?
    VimFuego said:
    are one's outdoor staff also covered?
    Yours are probably in the freezer....

Outdoor staff are covered by the shed insurance which is on a separate policy.
    edited September 2013

One of our lovely ladies has, this morning told me that she'll miss me when I'm on holiday after thursday next week. As, "You're nice, and the sensible one".

And, I've only got until thursday lunchtime left to work this month..

• New Simon's Cat video. :)

today I chopped 4 kilos of green toms, 1.5 kilos of onions (I may have blubbed at one point) and half a kilo of courgettes in preparation for making chutney on the morrow. I now have two large mixing bowls filled with the mixture covered in salt. Think I'm gonna have a lot of chutney this year.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Just been sent the pre-mastered version of basement jaxx's new song - I'm on it for all of 14 seconds hahahaha - it's just a little guitar solo near the end. Sounds pretty freaky though which I'm really pleased about :)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Good work that Viz >:D<
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • I have just finished coding (in PIC assembler) the code that makes our "I/O board" use the message protocol that I designed earlier this year. The protocol is in use on another product, and I was instructed to do an upgrade for this product. Natch, we have to prove that it works, but not having written any PIC assembler before it's nice to think that I've now got something ready for testing.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I have had my new Nexus 4 for just shy of a week now and heart it very much. It's got glass on the back! On the freakin' back! What a world we live in.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I went to the shop and bought some smaller trousers :D
  • I went to the shop and bought some smaller trousers :D
    Your son is growing up quick ;)

mrs f fancied a pasty (cheese and onion as she is weird vegetarian folk) but our local bakers was shut today, so for the 1st time I had a bash at making some. Even though I say so myself, they were pretty damn excellent, though richer than you normally buy.

I may be needing bigger trousers after them.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Amazing.
  • Got my £352 insurance claim for a replacement winscreen on the Hire Car reimbursed this week. Phew! not a pleasant experience but a pleasant outcome nonetheless.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.