Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Feedback - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• Just tried a wiki link, that opened in a new tab.

The BBC link in Bertie's rugby thread went straight there, not new tab.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited August 2013
    Just tried a wiki link, that opened in a new tab.

It should now open in a new tab. ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    We currently don't have a flashy cursor until after you start typing.
    Any way we can fix it so the flashy cursor appears as soon as you hit 'post reply'?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802

octatonic said:
    We currently don't have a flashy cursor until after you start typing.
    Any way we can fix it so the flashy cursor appears as soon as you hit 'post reply'?
    I don't know (as usual!) but I'm sure it can be investigated.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ddlooping said:

Thanks techy magic chappies
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    ddlooping said:

Thanks techy magic chappies
    We aim to please. ;)
  • MickMick Frets: 98

ooh, I missed this, I had a play.

• Couple of things I've noticed:

- smilies on my iPhone are cropped - so I don't see the whole smilie

- the option to choose a particular font was there in the build subforum when I posted earlier, but has been missing in others

- when I used it to try to change the font of whole posts (by selecting all and changing it), some of the text changed, and some stayed the same

- not obvious what limit there is on private messages (if any)

Its only because you asked though. The above is nitpicking. From the first minutes of its opening, this forum been much more pleasurable to use than MR. Awesome.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    From the first minutes of its opening, this forum been much more pleasurable to use than MR. Awesome.

Wise words such as these should always be quoted.

Time and time again :D

Thanks RRH.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Found the auto save a bit annoying, it's saving drafts like there's no tomorrow. Have to keep deleting them, as they seem to add themselves when I quote a post. :(
    Tooltips on the smileys would also be great, (I know it's been mentioned before) there's so many to scroll though, and haven't a clue what smiley means what.
    The charter.png badge is still missing. ;)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    So the mouse over on the youtube vids is pretty cool once you realise it's there. Also the notifications that someone has posted on your thread are pretty sweet too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    So the mouse over on the youtube vids is pretty cool once you realise it's there. Also the notifications that someone has posted on your thread are pretty sweet too.
    Yep, the mouse over works well for me too. But  the "My Discussion" is still a bit buggy for me, it still shows I have three discussions, but when I click it, it says "No discussions were found."  This is because these were deleted on pre launch after we were testing the site.
    Mick said:
    Tooltips on the smileys would also be great, (I know it's been mentioned before) there's so many to scroll though, and haven't a clue what smiley means what.
    It is not possible with the current smileys plugin I'm afraid. I do not know if it will be replaced.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849

Hi.

Not sure if it's just me, but the forum's font appears very unclear on my PC. The letters: I f t T m M D H F look all or partially bold and the clarity of the others is poor. (I'm using a Samsung NC10 notepad).

Anyone else experiencing this?

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    Can we delete posts at all?

That is handy to be able to do.
    Not currently - it's a bit complicated in Vanilla. It is on the development list.
    Any chance of a modification to the quoting process?
    I never want to quote more than one level of quote- I just want to reply to the person I am replying to, not the reply they are replying to etc...

It will make the forum neater with less quotes of quotes.
    Also, multi quote for times where one quote just isn't enough. ;)
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Hi guys, loving being here, great job, thanks to the whole team.  This is way better than MR ever was.

One "bug" to report tho - just posted to - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/318/this-will-irk-the-purists#latest - and it double posted (not me guvnor), but didn't update in the "Recent Discussion" page, or am I just having a newbie moment?

That was a frustration on MR, every few posts someone had a problem over photos.  And how is a poor chap supposed to GAS without a good piccy?  Maybe an update in the "How To" discussion, or a part of the "Introduction" so you don't have to wade thro hundreds of replies, or maybe a "FAQ" sticky?  To include info on photos specifically in one of these may help alleviate confusion?

edited August 2013
    @ChisMusic:
    Directions added to the "How-to". ;)
  • guitariguitari Frets: 19
    equalsql said:

Hi.

Not sure if it's just me, but the forum's font appears very unclear on my PC. The letters: I f t T m M D H F look all or partially bold and the clarity of the others is poor. (I'm using a Samsung NC10 notepad).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes I'm getting the same using Chrome, but it displays perfectly in IE8, on PC.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    centre alignment for signatures doesn't seem to work.
    edited August 2013
    Drew_fx said:
    @Drew_fx
    I think custom styling gets stripped.
    I'll have a look to see if there's another way to center.
    edit: not that I can see I'm afraid. :-S 
    Drew_fx said:

Works for me, unless they fixed it. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2013
    Mick said:
    Drew_fx said:

It does indeed work if you put it inside a paragraph tag. :)
    Nice one, Mick, you've been wisdomed. ;)
    ddlooping said:
    Mick said:
    Drew_fx said:

It does indeed work if you put it inside a paragraph tag. :)
    Nice one, Mick, you've been wisdomed. ;)
    Thanks. ;)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:
    You can multi quote by clicking on the quote button of multiple posts, but only within one page. 
    octatonic said:
    You can multi quote by clicking on the quote button of multiple posts, but only within one page. 
    I guess one way would be to save as draft before changing to another page.
    I WANT A LASER CUTTER.