Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Feedback - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• MickMick Frets: 98

OK, my keyboard problem...

I can count a whole second between hitting the key, and it appearing on the screen, sometimes more.

If I quote someone else in a comment, it gets slower.

Only happens on this site, but in both IE and Firefox.

I have a pc with limited memory, but nothing else is this s-l-o-w...

It's probably the shit Javascript performance in IE. 
    Try Chrome.
    IE10 is fine on here actually. ;)  Try running it without addons and see if it's any better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Mick said:
    IE10 is fine on here actually. ;)  Try running it without addons and see if it's any better.
    IE10 has decent JS. 

If it's IE 6/7/8 it will be balls. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 'Tis IE8, running on XP.

I'm doomed, aren't I...
    tFB Trader
    That's a totally shit browser. 

Use Chrome. 
  • Any chance we could have some banner ads that explode across the page if you accidently mouse past them?

Seriously though, fantastic work dudes. I can't think of much to suggest other than revising the clasifieds feedback system but it seems this is already in hand. I like the idea of it appearing on your profile or maybe next to the username in posts etc.

Would it be possible to connect the +/-1 to a specific classified thread? My thinking being that members who trade more than once can give good feedback for each deal but it also serves as a form of verification? I'm sure noone did it but with the current system you could +1 someone without actually having dealt with them. I hope that makes sense?

I also appreciate that I'm a complete fuckwit with computers so I have no idea of what's practical, possible or just plain fuckwitish.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143

I also appreciate that I'm a complete fuckwit with computers so I have no idea of what's practical, possible or just plain fuckwitish.

A chief software developer once told me ... "it's software, it can do anything you want".

You just need to provide the time, money and expertise ....

;)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    Quoting is mega ropey btw. I almost always have to switch to source code mode in order to write outside the quote block
    tFB Trader

Any chance we could have some banner ads that explode across the page if you accidently mouse past them?

Seriously though, fantastic work dudes. I can't think of much to suggest other than revising the clasifieds feedback system but it seems this is already in hand. I like the idea of it appearing on your profile or maybe next to the username in posts etc.

Would it be possible to connect the +/-1 to a specific classified thread? My thinking being that members who trade more than once can give good feedback for each deal but it also serves as a form of verification? I'm sure noone did it but with the current system you could +1 someone without actually having dealt with them. I hope that makes sense?

We have a plan for this. It will be coming in due course. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Just to clarify, MQ is talking about the banner thing.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sporky said:
    Just to clarify, MQ is talking about the banner thing.

Yay! I hope it's the BT one. Have you scheduled in the avatar removal yet? :)
    tFB Trader
    Yay! I hope it's the BT one. Have you scheduled in the avatar removal yet? :)
    Yes, but I can't tell you why I'm doing it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    monquixote;9538" said:
    I have had a drummer mate look at the site and complain, but I think most drummers are on Mike Dolbear and are unlikely to come on here when nearly everyone is a guitarist. 

The Drum section etc on MR was pretty much dead, so I didn't see the point of replicating it as ghost town boards make the place look bad. 
    Anything which keeps the Dolbeareans where they are gets my vote :-)
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    I hate how drafts work.
    There should be a facility to discard a draft on the same page that you post from.
    I currently have to click on my profile name and then go to drafts and then click the little x.
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    octatonic said:
    I hate how drafts work.
    There should be a facility to discard a draft on the same page that you post from.
    I currently have to click on my profile name and then go to drafts and then click the little x.
    Simply ignore them until you have a few to discard at once. :)

octatonic said:
    I hate how drafts work.
    So do I. especially the way it auto saves them when I don't want it to.  Tbh,  if I wanted to save a draft, I'd click the "Save Draft" button next to the "Post Comment" button. ;)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    ddlooping said:
    octatonic said:
    I hate how drafts work.
    Simply ignore them until you have a few to discard at once. :)
    This is what I currently do- but I'd like it a bit neater, if possible.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    More annoying than anything, but for the last few days when I click on a link from the Notifications section it takes me to the page but logs me off the site, a 'Howdy Stranger' moment.

When I click on the facebook icon to log back in I get a window with this message in...

{
       "error": {
          "message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.",
          "type": "OAuthException",
          "code": 191
       }
    }

..and can't log back in until I close the tab and open a new session - where I am immediately logged back in

I'm on Firefox under XP at the moment, but have had the same with FF on Win7 :)

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    I usually go striaght to the recent discussions page....    but the section titles don't make it obvious whether a post is in the gear or classified section for amps, guitars and fx.
    I know people usually put FS etc as the thread title but if they don't then it's not obvious -  any chance of making it more clear which section a thread is in?  (or am I just being lazy lol)
    John_P said:
    I usually go striaght to the recent discussions page....    but the section titles don't make it obvious whether a post is in the gear or classified section for amps, guitars and fx.
    I agree, I think it'd be best if the "in" link would include both category and sub-category, as in  "Gear - Guitars",  "Classified - Guitars", etc... 
    John_P said:
    I usually go striaght to the recent discussions page....    but the section titles don't make it obvious whether a post is in the gear or classified section for amps, guitars and fx.
    I know people usually put FS etc as the thread title but if they don't then it's not obvious -  any chance of making it more clear which section a thread is in?  (or am I just being lazy lol)
    The info is in the linktree at the top of each page. (just under the logo)  For example for this thread it says it's in Chat, Meta. ;)
    Mick said:
    John_P said:
    The info is in the linktree at the top of each page. (just under the logo)  For example for this thread it says it's in Chat, Meta. ;)
    Indeed once you click on a thread you can see it but by that point you can see the post....   I'm referring to the list of threads you see when you click "recent discussions"  If the OP doesn't start the subject with FS or FT etc then you can't tell if it's in the classified or discussion area....   unless I'm missing something obvious?
    John_P said:
     ...   unless I'm missing something obvious?
    No, you're not (part deux). ;)
    John_P said:
    Mick said:
    John_P said:
    Indeed once you click on a thread you can see it but by that point you can see the post....   I'm referring to the list of threads you see when you click "recent discussions"  If the OP doesn't start the subject with FS or FT etc then you can't tell if it's in the classified or discussion area....   unless I'm missing something obvious?
    Sorry, I was jumping in without reading your post properly.  I see exactly what you mean now.  I guess that's what happens when the boards in different categories have exactly the same names. Hopefully the guys will find a workaround for this in the next batch of fixes.  
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1239
    John_P said:
    Mick said:
    John_P said:
    I'm having this same 'problem' (maybe 'minor inconvenience' would be more realistic - but this is the internet, dammit!).

Might I suggest just changing the category headings slightly to differentiate between gear and classifieds? Maybe 'Guitar Trades', 'Amp Trades', 'FX Trades' in the classifieds?
  • A "Subscribed Thread" button or tab would be good.

So we can keep abreast of updates to threads we've contributed to.

BigPaulie said:

A "Subscribed Thread" button or tab would be good.

So we can keep abreast of updates to threads we've contributed to.

+1 that would be handy :)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    There should be a "my bookmarks" link under your avatar; if you click that it'll show all the discussions to which you've subscribed.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    ^ yeah you can bookmark threads with the wee star button at the top right. you still have to manually subscribe, though? some form of automatic subscription for any thread you've posted in would be excellent. any of the other suggestions I've made are very much "in a perfect world, but I can live without them", but I still find myself forgetting to manually subscribe to threads I've posted in :))
    tFB Trader
    Personally auto subscribing would do my head in. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    As an option, I mean. :)