Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Behold my massive board of pedals - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Switchcraft pancake jacks I'd guess?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks mate, just got to find somewhere that sells them now :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I couldn't help it... I downsized, and then I had to go and get a super-bargain Diago megaboard. I hummed and Ha'd for ages about actually using it, but then I swapped my Boss chorus for a Boss LS2 with @thecolourbox and had to upsize again. Oh dear.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Happy to help, @dogload
  • @dogload, you've clearly failed in your GAS obligations. I see space for at least 5 more pedals on there.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @dogload, you've clearly failed in your GAS obligations. I see space for at least 5 more pedals on there.
    haha! Yes i know, but I had to consider the fact that I rather enjoy having my arm attached to my shoulder. 

Also I may have run out of DC connectors :)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    edited November 2013
    @preston61 have you looked at the pancake cables from ( friend of the forum) Kabl? IIRC his are Hicon rather than Switchcraft.
    Www.kablonline.com I think.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks for the link @EricTheWeary I've checked out his sight and he is very reasonable
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 417
    edited November 2013
    Here's what I've arrived at today.

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m467/JCA2550/PTNano111113_zpsf264ccc4.jpg

Mooer Grey Faze ( Dallas Arbiter Germanium Fuzz Face clone) > Polytune Mini > Whirlwind Orange Box  Phaser > EP Booster > Hardwire TR7 (used for the rather excellent Tremolos). There's also a TC Flashback and H & K Rotosphere in the FX loop of the amp.

Hardwire HT2 Tuner (Thru, always on) -> ISP Decimator (always on) -> Visual Sound Route 66 (comp is used as a tone shaper for a brighter/thinner sound when required and OD boost used with gain channels of amp) -> Boss SD1 (alternate crunch on clean channel for one song) -> Dunlop DVP1 Volume pedal (gain changes plus silent tuning option when required) -> Amp -> Boss DD20 in loop.

• http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/6EA87E39-7908-4DEE-B301-2D65BF5FC471_zpsgra70ljv.jpg

Mk 3216 pedalboard - note it's mostly drive pedals!!! Fuzz face will be going as the Moog does every colour of fuzz
  • Forgot to post this...

This is the board in its "home recording" configuration. Signal path is:

Weeping Demon -> Polytune -> Ninety Orange -> Boo Boost -> AMT C-2 -> Flashback (-> recording interface)

The C-2 is acting as a straight preamp, no cab sim (I use impulses in Reaper) and the Bright Onion is just the footswitch for the amp.

When using it live, I take the C-2 out of the path; the Boo Boost then goes straight to the amp input and the Flashback sits in the loop. The beauty of it is that since I use a 4-way extension loom (female jacks at the board end, male at the amp end) I just have to disconnect the in/out of the C-2 and plug those patch leads into the loom; job jobbed.
    <space for hire>
  • Branshen;75829" said:
    Completed my board!
    That's cute. What's the purple thing? I'm going to guess a drive of some kind...

Love the relic
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/6EA87E39-7908-4DEE-B301-2D65BF5FC471_zpsgra70ljv.jpg

Mk 3216 pedalboard - note it's mostly drive pedals!!! Fuzz face will be going as the Moog does every colour of fuzz
    I keep on listening to demos of that Moog.  Definitely need to think about getting one on my 2014 GAS list.  
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1221
    Branshen said:
    Completed my board!
    That's cute. What's the purple thing? I'm going to guess a drive of some kind...

Love the relic
    It's my all in one drive pedal, inspired by the Rockbox boiling point, and made by @handsomerik. ;

The tuner was "reliced" when I got it. Either the last owner gigged it every night for 5 years, or he dragged it from the back of a truck. Either way, it works great and I couldn't ask for more.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    edited December 2013
    @Travisthedog Can you tell me about the Ernie Ball Wah?

Here's mine, cropped so not great quality but you can see what everything is. Nothing particularly special but after years of constantly chopping and changing, I've arrived at something that works for me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 985
    edited December 2013
    Here's mine:
    zoom multistomp has been replaced with the cdr-70 version for reverbs and delays. Handmade pedals are Klone, plexitone with charge pump to run at 12v from a normal 9v adapter and a boiling point clone.

Here's my practice board: Great as it has a drum machine/metronome and looper built in.
    Both pedalboards are handmade too in a pedaltrain style. The top one has a higher second shelf which is a better design for reaching the upper pedals without adjusting knobs accidentally on the bottom row.
  • Just put together a new b board for a dep gig this evening so thought I'd share. Main board currently undergoing another overhaul!

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af135/roscoe2911/D6C31F83-BE62-4538-A1B9-C27851BE830B_zpsvabljihb.jpg

• BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    edited December 2013
    The big board - now with added Nobels overdrive, which is fantastic:

The new small board, as it stands currently - the Muff is the newest addition, at the time of writing I have owned it for about two hours. Excuse all the wires, I took several pedals off my big board and put them on there for a few days (they're all back now), hence the power supply cables. The board's got a built-in power supply underneath it, it's pretty neat. Way lighter than the big bastard too...

The other planned pedals for the small board:

- Crybaby (possibly 535Q)
    - Compressor (Mooer? Something small... Xotic if I'm feeling flush)
    - Chorus (I'd like a Providence Anadime but may have to settle for something less ruinously expensive)
    - Tremolo (probably just another Joyo, the one on the big board is great. Perhaps in time I'll end up with a Strymon Flint... pipe dream, that)
    - Delay (I'll probably take the Carbon Copy from the big board and fill the space it leaves on there with a TC Flashback)

This will ruin me financially, but it will be SO worth it.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1221
    @handsomerik how did you get the zoom to stick? did you take off the rubber feet first or what? I've not gotten round to doing mine yet..
  • When I bought it used it had Velcro on the bottom already and no rubber feet so I guess that's what the previous owner did.
  • Latest incarnation - used this last night with the intention of using the Timmy for rhythm parts, zen for leads & klone for boost but ended up using the klone & tweaking guitar volume most of the night! Magic pedal that I think lives up to the hype in a gig situation..

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k405/citizen68/37E6AE76-0633-460D-90B3-2156D662EB67.jpg
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• Updated main board. Not sure the Sunface is working with the current amp rig. http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af135/roscoe2911/810CC6E4-AF93-4FF5-978F-7FB9DD55E7D2_zpsghrvrfsr.jpg
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Good to see the old Music Radar forum back in a new guise. HNY, and here's my first post as a total FX head!!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Gassage said:
    Good to see the old Music Radar forum back in a new guise. HNY, and here's my first post as a total FX head!!

Hi Gassage - this maybe my mind playing tricks on me again but I thought it was your board that had a Source Audio Orbital Modulator on it? But not there anymore? I've either got the wrong person/ board or it didn't work out?
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    Eric- yeah dead right. I swapped it out for the TC. The Orb Mod is a good allrounder, but the TC is better. As it happens, I am thinking of a Mobius. I miss not having a Vibe, and I'm intent on one PP2 power supply.

A new addition to my rig is the EC Twinolux. OMG! What an amp.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Oh yes! I remember that big old MXR. Mind, it's almost dwarfed by those Cornish things!
  • Gassage said:

That there Badger Schism, which effects are you blending and is it any good? How's the service from Badger? Nice board by the way!
  • Gassage said:

Wow.  

What's that mxr rack mount thing?
    edited January 2014
    PretyDamned and Even;

1. Badger- yeah really top notch unit. Using it to mix the MXR only at the moment. It has an op-amp buffer, ground lifts and stuff like that which sets it apart. Service was fabulous- the guy ran out of knobs when I ordered mine, and bless, he sent me about 25 options from RS and offered discounts (which I refused)!! I was hugely impressed. Took about 10 days to make, 10 to ship. You might look at the Wounded Paw and the Xotic as alternatives. I max out the MXR in terms of mix and level, then control the parallel mix off the Badger. Worth noting that this works best if there's a dry defeat on the delay you're using, so you only mix back the trails.

2. MXR System Delay II- it's one of the greatest delays ever made IMO. It is Gilmour's number one delay since 1980, and it's the CNumb delay unit. Edge also has one and uses it as one of his staple delays. It's very warm (and deadly accurate) for a digi unit, notoriously difficult to find a good one that works (they'll fetch c. £400-500 on the bay and then some 'creep' timewise, some just die.)  Mine was serviced by Charlie Chandler and we found some original EPROM chips for it, so it's a nice one. Anorak Corner: the guy that designed the algorythym and chips and who was a shareholder in MXR (Keith Barr) founded the Alesis Corp based soley on the technology he developed for the unit. It's NOT MIDI compatible- just pure ol Line or Instrument Level, a stomp box in a rack unit, basically. If you google the Great Delay Shoot out (Gigrig) you can here my unit and my TES against each other. I would take the MXR everytime. You can also get chorus and flange sounds using the sweep and time functions.

http://www.alesis.com/keithbarr

HNY Guys.

• Very, very cool. Nice one for keeping it in shape!