Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Behold my massive board of pedals - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• ToonToon Frets: 57

I am not young enough to know everything

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ToonToon Frets: 57

I am not young enough to know everything

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • velvetsky01velvetsky01 Frets: 71
    edited February 2014

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dnov5mcyngczls2/photo.JPG?dl=1&token_hash=AAF5BpMH1OamAPcbAdeLM8Wn12nJktta_WHx056R5vz4wg

here is my pedalboard - The Signal Path - Guitar > Loopy2 ( Tuner > SP Compressor) > Ep Booster > Gigrig (TS9 - OCD - Catalinbread 5F6 - DLS - Trem - DD3) Out to amp

Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
  • @velvetsky01 - fixed that for ya. With Dropbox images, you have to right-click the image (in your browser), right click "Download original" and then copy the link address. Bit of a PITA...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thank you for that! 
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    edited February 2014
    @Gassage mine is similar. Could @JohnnyPlectrum be my long lost brother!? Very nice board. How are you getting on with G2?

This was a couple of incarnations ago.
    http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af135/roscoe2911/ed9904d9-4088-467d-9edb-e6d54ad536ee_zps1a42566d.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Deijavoo said:
    Only a couple more changes to make, Korg Poly tuner coming to replace my Boss. I'm also maybe gonna add a Favourite switch for my Flint and I'll still be able to cram another tiny pedal on, not sure what yet though. The no name purple box is my DOD BUZZ BOX rehoused and the boost is a SHO Clone. I had to add two height boosters underneath my big Strymons as my clumpy feet kept catching other pedals below.  Still pretty happy so far.

@deijavoo Buddy- you're missing a massive trick here. Set the Mobius up inside the Timeline loop- you will be amazed. You can shove the modulation on the echo trails only....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I've been talking about doing that but I'm going to eventually get a stereo amp set up which would knock that option out so I don't want to get used to it etc....
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Errr do it and get an amp splitter ;)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 263
    edited February 2014
    This is my current set-up.

Order is: Morley Wah - Polytune tuner - Digitech Compressor (for sale) - MXR Phase 90 - EHX Holy Stain - Boo Instruments Chorus - Mooer Blues Crab overdrive - Hardwire Reverb - TC Nova Delay

Seeing something on youtube I used some empty Altoid mints tins to raise the height of the back pedals (except the compressor as it's going soon). Made it far easier to hide cables and to more easily switch them on,
  • Mine below. Hopefully it will stay like this for a while now :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1470
    Stripped it down…simpler and everything i need!

• dealmakerdealmaker Frets: 18
    edited February 2014
    Here's my latest incarnation.....trying to find something to fill the small annoying gap in the board! image
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @dealmaker wow, that's awesome.
  • @Gassage mine is similar. Could @JohnnyPlectrum be my long lost brother!? Very nice board. How are you getting on with G2?

Actually mine's on ice at the moment until I sort a bizarre midi issue which the imminent G2 update will sort.
    In a nutshell, I use a Carvin VL300 amp that does not have a midi reset option. When you save a midi programme change you can't delete it or go back to factory settings, you can only overwrite it with a different patch!

• Here's mine.  Pretty minimalist, built from a Maplins aluminium case and a bit of plywood.  Bike chain link mounting method.  Wah is in front of the amp, chorus, delay and EQ/Boost in the loop.  The GE-7 was pretty noisy when I got it - now modded with better caps and op-amps and quiet as anything.
  • Deijavoo said:
    Only a couple more changes to make, Korg Poly tuner coming to replace my Boss. I'm also maybe gonna add a Favourite switch for my Flint and I'll still be able to cram another tiny pedal on, not sure what yet though. The no name purple box is my DOD BUZZ BOX rehoused and the boost is a SHO Clone. I had to add two height boosters underneath my big Strymons as my clumpy feet kept catching other pedals below.  Still pretty happy so far.

Board has really come on mate, nice work :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Aw shucks, cheers mate. Thanks to your help.

It's just had some space made for another Strymon "BIG" pedal that I collect from the Post Office tomorrow. A wee bit excited!
  • @DealMaker do you ever knock your dials trying to step on certain pedals at all?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    cbellanga said:
    Mine below. Hopefully it will stay like this for a while now :)

@cbellanga : didn't you sell you Mobius, or at least a Mobius, namely to me?

Pretty simple set up for me:

TU3 -> Decimator (turned sideways as I had a very unlucky issue one time where a cable snagged and turned the threshold pot and cut off my signal!) -> Bad Monkey (main boost) -> SD1 (needed for one song, easier than changing settings on the BM) -> Dunlop DVP1 volume pedal -> Amp -> DD20 with FS5U tap tempo switch.

Board is a Pedal Train 2 Hard Case.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
  • Nice socks Drew
    :))
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited February 2014
    Nice socks Drew
    I'm just glad there aren't any flat, properly reflective surfaces on that board...
    <space for hire>
  • I'm just glad there aren't any flat, properly reflective surfaces on that board...
    Me too, because then he would have had to put all his other clothes on as well.
  • Deijavoo said:
    cbellanga said:
    Mine below. Hopefully it will stay like this for a while now :)

@cbellanga : didn't you sell you Mobius, or at least a Mobius, namely to me?

haha yes, but have changed my mind again!! :p
    I'm just glad there aren't any flat, properly reflective surfaces on that board...
    Me too, because then he would have had to put all his other clothes on as well.
    Just for that, I'm PM'ing you pictures of my dong!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    edited February 2014
    In the short space of time I've had the small board, it has grown into this:

The chain:

Crybaby 535Q - bought from @1nten5e on here, and it's absolutely brilliant. Versatile and sounds fab.
    Mooer Yellow Comp - really, really good. Useful as a slight signal boost, evens out dynamics without squashing everything to shit.
    Hardwire TL-2 - my main filth pedal for years now, absolutely brilliant amp-like metal distortion.
    Way Huge Green Rhino - really good overdrive, versatile and difficult to get a bad sound from. Difficult to photograph as well!
    Joyo Tremolo - for 30 quid this really is excellent. Sounds great - I have it on an awful lot.
    TC Flashback - what can I say about this that hasn't been said before? It's fucking great.
    Hardwire RV-7 - gives me a lovely spring sound (my main use for it) but so much more besides. Very powerful and sounds great.

Planned action - only thing missing really is a TC Polytune Mini (which will go in the space next to the compressor). 

Once that's on, I'll probably put the TL-2 back on the big board where it normally lives, and then put a fuzz back where the Hardwire is now. The issue is which fuzz - my Rainger sounds epic but the shape makes it a pain in the arse on the board, so I will probably keep that on the big board and get rid of the Muff that's on there atm, which I'm not entirely sure I like. My expensive but fantastic solution for the small board is to get one of the new Maxon Fire fuzzes (Roland Bee Baa clone). That's MXR-sized and should sound fantastic as well as freeing up a little more breathing space on the board.

The big board has been neglected somewhat - I've taken several pedals off it and put them on the small board, but I have ideas for restoring it to full glory... I have an MXR Carbon Copy delay in the "FX loop" section of the big board, but I want to get one of the new Ibanez Echo Shifter delays to put through the front of the amp as well - is two delays on the same board excessive? Hmmm...

I also really want a Mr. Black Supermoon Chrome or maybe a Hardwire Supernatural for the big board, to go where the RV-7 was (I think that'll stay on the small board for the time being) but that depends on whether I can be arsed to cough up £110 for the pedal, plus 20 for shipping and inevitably a whole lot more for customs... I also like the idea of having a Moog Minifooger trem on the big board, where I just about have enough space, but that's also very big and expensive.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • When Hardwire pedals have the rubber knob covers on they remind of the pedal version of reader's wives.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter