Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP! - Events Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot
1161718192022»

Comments

• Camping bed, sleeping bag .I reckon Bob would let you camp out at the studio. You could be unpaid nightwatchmen!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Camping bed, sleeping bag .I reckon Bob would let you camp out at the studio. You could be unpaid nightwatchmen!
    Not sure I'd want to shower in trap 3 in the morning tho... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Shared bodily warmth. It's the Northern way...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Aye but so is rickets

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Aye but so is rickets
    Maybe in Huddersfield, I live in Cheshire. 
  • Eh up (that's Northern for "good day gentlemen"). Sorry for the delay in commenting, I've been trying to get my bloody tax return filed. All done now though with 2 days to spare too. That's a record for me, it was about 20 minutes last year.

Anyway, back to the point, what a brilliant day on Saturday. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. There was some great gear on display and some great playing too. It was nice to meet you all too.

Most importantly though, I want to say a massive thank you for all the kind words on here, I'm so pleased you liked my little studio. It's still very much a work in progress but I like it :) But more than that, over the last couple of days my paypal account has received a few extra, unexpected payments from Fretboard members with lovely messages attached. I am genuinely touched by that. Thank you.

I would be more than happy to host another event for Fretboard in future, and now I know what to expect, I think I can make the recording side run much smoother.

I'll be working on editing and mixing the live recordings from tomorrow onward, and I'll send them to Chris as they're done so he can share them with you all. It's quite a mammoth task so bear with me, I'll get through them as quickly as possible. Obviously they're going to be completely "warts and all" but that just adds to the character I reckon. No auto-tune, no overdubs and no "cut and paste", just the way rock'n'roll is meant to be.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Sasquatch_Bob  - Your studios are brilliant and you are an exceptional host. We WILL be back - in force.

If anyone else wants to chip in more for Bob’s efforts then please do - the work he’s put in is phenomenal. 

However, I don’t like you anymore cos you are a better bass player than me, and now everyone is mercilessly ripping the piss because I forgot to play the only bass solo of the day in All Right Now. I have taken up the triangle and will only play on Oasis numbers in future 
  • @Bridgehouse To be fair it's only one of the most famous bass runs in rock and very easy to forget  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Bridgehouse To be fair it's only one of the most famous bass runs in rock and very easy to forget  ;)
    Meh. I had a busy day and I hadn’t had me ready brek 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    @Bridgehouse To be fair it's only one of the most famous bass runs in rock and very easy to forget  ;)
    I say let him off.

When we jammed in Walsall a few years ago, you, me, 'Beagle' and @not_the_dj ; ended 'Mr Big' just as @jonnybradford was about to step up for one of the other-most-famous-bass-solo-in-rock...
    Legs astride, primed and ready and then, "Badum-tish" the song is over!
    I will NEVER forget his face.
    Sorry Jon.

I wish I could have made it to this Jam and met Bob and everyone else.
    Mental health problems are rarely predictable.
    Looking forward to hearing the recordings.

Hopefully next time guys.