Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP! - Events Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I'll grab a wedge of labels from the office before i go today

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LuttiS said:
    I'll grab a wedge of labels from the office before i go today

Cheers bud

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkb said:
    I’m only bringing a pedal board- will there be amps available in the other jam rooms?
    There are a couple of guitar amps in each room. Nothing fancy (they are rehearsal rooms after all), but they work and they make noise. There's a couple of lower end Marshall heads and cabs, a couple of Marshall combos, an old Peavey and even a Line6 (sorry). I have a few spares too. Should be plenty. 

Also, there is a bass amp in each of the rooms too.
  • Songlist - Final Version:

There are still a few gaps, especially vocals and bass. We will do our best to fill them on the day. 

Re vocals, if there are no takers, I'm happy to provide a drone for most things but some are just unobtainable or I don't know well enough. We can probably get by without bass on some.

Running order to follow.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I can sing on 'Fire' if we do it twice - but I'd want to do a version where I purely concentrate on playing guitar.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    And surely someone wants to play an A pentatonic widdly over the outro to Pretty Vacant?? My strumming is pretty basic when im singing - I cant get my hand and mouth to move with a different rhythm.... so anything to fill the song out will be appreciated!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Looks like we've got loads of guitars on living after midnight so I'm happy to jump onto bass for that.
  • Looks like we've got loads of guitars on living after midnight so I'm happy to jump onto bass for that.
    Where there's more than 2 guitars my intention was to do the song twice rather than try and squeeze shit loads of amps into the room. That way everyone gets a fair crack. So if you want to do both, that would be fine. 

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1591
    edited January 2018
    mrkb said:
    And surely someone wants to play an A pentatonic widdly over the outro to Pretty Vacant?? My strumming is pretty basic when im singing - I cant get my hand and mouth to move with a different rhythm.... so anything to fill the song out will be appreciated!
    Go on then... at this last stage I will be "jamming" it...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

I can do the same for Mustang Sally.
    What time do we need to be there? 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Have a great time all of you lucky people going this weekend :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • Have a great time all of you lucky people going this weekend :)
    @darthed1981 ...There are last minute places ;) 

• LuttiS said:
    Aim for around half 11 to give us time to get the main room set up

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Have a great time all of you lucky people going this weekend :)
    @darthed1981 ...There are last minute places ;) 
    Sadly already booked for running my daughter to a birthday party :(

Next time :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    LuttiS said:
    Groovy. 
    Maybe edit thread title, or original post? Wasn't sure if it was 10 or 12 and now it's 11.30 so imagine there is a bit of confusion out there :)
  • LuttiS said:
    LuttiS said:
    Groovy. 
    Maybe edit thread title, or original post? Wasn't sure if it was 10 or 12 and now it's 11.30 so imagine there is a bit of confusion out there :)
    We're booked from 11 and that's what the original post says, but the first half hour or so will be messing about with the main room I suspect. 

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Not sure of my eta yet but aiming for 11 as it’s quite a way. But I will keep you updated.
  • My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    Getting quite excited! Hope I can remember how to play under pressure! :)
  • Getting quite excited! Hope I can remember how to play under pressure! :)
    Under Pressure isn't on the list ;)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Getting quite excited! Hope I can remember how to play under pressure! :)
    Under Pressure isn't on the list ;)
    Great. In that case I’ll do vocals.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    First up. No pressure then better get there on time though!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • First up. No pressure then better get there on time though!
    Hope you remembered to book your train! 

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    I've got permission to use my wife's car :)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    I've got permission to use my wife's car :)
    If helps Steve I’m not far from you - happy to pick you up, assuming your not taking a Marshall stack!
  • Not sure of my eta yet but aiming for 11 as it’s quite a way. But I will keep you updated.
    Just get here safely Mark. And a massive thank you for coming all this way just for us!

Hey - I’m travelling further! Setting off in an hour! But stopping off at t’outlaws overnight...

is T’tony coming - can’t see him down for anything in the song list?!?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Hey - I’m travelling further! Setting off in an hour! But stopping off at t’outlaws overnight...

is T’tony coming - can’t see him down for anything in the song list?!?
    Tony can't sadly. 

If you get here early enough to join us for beer tonight give me a shout! My number is on the directions. 

And yes of course, thank you to everyone for coming! I specifically mentioned Mark because of his organising / bass legend status ;) 

• Apparently @TTony ; did not get his jabs done soon enough, and is therefore at risk of catching something northern like rickets or FVS (Flat vowel syndrome)