Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fretboard Jam 2017 - Logistics - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fretboard Jam 2017 - Logistics

What's Hot

Comments

• What's the deal with food? I assume they sell snacks and stuff but is there somewhere to get lunch close by?

(Leicester's a major city so I would assume so). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    fandango said:
    slacker said:
    Ok as I'm half band half student  I'll be there at 11ish to set up, introduce myself and work out swap overs etc
    ... and bag one of the car parking spaces ....
    ok if you insist...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • What's the deal with food? I assume they sell snacks and stuff but is there somewhere to get lunch close by?

Leicester is notorious for having no food for sale whatsoever.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2017
    What's the deal with food? I assume they sell snacks and stuff but is there somewhere to get lunch close by?

Apart from the Space Centre and a work visit to a British Gas site I've generally avoided the place!

Apart from the Space Centre and a work visit to a British Gas site I've generally avoided the place!
    Don't worry - there's bound to be a Greggs ;)

Don't worry - there's bound to be a Greggs ;)
    Classy town then. Looking forward to a slap up meal there (I've lost track of what page the schedule was on so I assume we'be built in time for a spot of lunch?
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    The venue http://www.quadstudios.co.uk lists Quaffs Café as one of the onsite facilities. No menus listed but I bet they do sarnies etc. I'm sure they'd be glad of our custom, plus it will make it easier for Bridgehead to cut deals with the studio in future if we patronise their café en masse.
  • Lunch is, um, a moveable feast - get it when you can! And I do believe they have a cafe on site. 

I am concerned @octatonic may disappear into the drum shop hole and never return tho ;)
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    I'm bringing sandwiches. Seriously, well cobs really if I make them before setting off. I wouldn't bet on the cafe being open, but who knows. Quad isn't exactly in the middle of a shopping centre, not sure where the nearest food would be - quick nip out in the car maybe
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Ok, good to know- I will bring something along with me.
  • I may be persuaded to do a sandwich run.
  • I've put an order in with my domestic goddess for a packed lunch, just to be sure I don't waste away during the day. 
  • I've put an order in with my domestic goddess for a packed lunch, just to be sure I don't waste away during the day. 
    Weirdly Mrs B has literally this minute just said "do you want a packed lunch tomorrow?"

Sounds like the female radar system is in transmit mode
  • I'm driving about 250 miles each way and I'll be there at 11:13:23 along with @ChrisMusic. ;

If there's not a space for me, I'll ram the car in the marked "Boss" space and make room. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I'm driving about 250 miles each way and I'll be there at 11:13:23 along with @ChrisMusic. ;

If there's not a space for me, I'll ram the car in the marked "Boss" space and make room. 
    Considering I do about 50,000 miles a year, your little pop down the shops trip should be easy peasy 

However, toucha my car, and I'll probly ignore it.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    edited September 2017
    I know we're supposed to be in tune before we get on stage...so shall I strip the tuner off my board and plug it in with a separate power supply somewhere else in the room? Tuning could be a nightmare with all the noise otherwise. 

Unless anyone has a spare tuning pedal?

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I know we're supposed to be in tune before we get on stage...so shall I strip the tuner off my board and plug it in with a separate power supply somewhere else in the room? Tuning could be a nightmare with all the noise otherwise. 

Unless anyone has a spare tuning pedal?
    I'll bring a spare polytune if I remember. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Hang on a minute.

Was this all *for real* and not just a big joke thread ????
     :o 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    Hang on a minute.

Was this all *for real* and not just a big joke thread ????
     :o 
    I'll let you know at 5:30pm tomorrow.
  • Wooohoo!!

Let's get our jam on!

I'm going to have jam on toast for breakfast, cos, jam! :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    See you all tomorrow- let's have fun- it isn't a competition, ok? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonic said:
    That's right.

But my bass notes are the lowest, 'Kay?
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Who's going to be the first to be arrested for attempting just one more run through of their solo on the M1 tomorrow morning? :)
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    aord43 said:
    Who's going to be the first to be arrested for attempting just one more run through of their solo on the M1 tomorrow morning? :)
    Solo? Oh ......
  • horse said:
    I'm bringing sandwiches. Seriously, well cobs really if I make them before setting off. I wouldn't bet on the cafe being open, but who knows. Quad isn't exactly in the middle of a shopping centre, not sure where the nearest food would be - quick nip out in the car maybe
    Don't panic. It's a 5 or 10 minute walk to 

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• octatonic said:
    disappointed there won't be a 'sloppiest talentless cannot do anything' award for me to win :dissapointed: :dizzy: 
    octatonic said:
    disappointed there won't be a 'sloppiest talentless cannot do anything' award for me to win :dissapointed: :dizzy: 
    I'll bring a golden dildo just for you- only if you win, mind.
  • I'm not coming. Fuck you all.

Only joking. Setting off now. Bit misty out, mind...
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    octatonic said:
    I think that will be a hard-fought one :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • aord43 said:
    octatonic said:
    I think that will be a hard-fought one :)
    Yup, another candidate here, who incidentally should be hitting the road!  Cya all there! :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...