Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!! - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    TimmyO said:
    Call me a blind old coot, but I'm only just noticing this event lol

Do I take it it's all booked up now? 
    You are a blind old coot.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited July 2017
    Just got round to looking at the website of the Quad, oooo looks pretty fancy. Certainly nicer than certain other studio's I've used.

Which rooms is it we have booked?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    Just got round to looking at the website of the Quad, oooo looks pretty fancy. Certainly nicer than certain other studio's I've used.

Which rooms is it we have booked?
    It's the theatre and the curve. 

It really is the most comfortable place run by the nicest people with some of the best equipment I've ever seen in a hired studio.
    The building is massive and the whole place has just the *right* feel to it. 

I can't think of anywhere I'd rather play.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1625
    @bigjon I'd be keen to attend any workshops about anything pretty much!
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    ennspek said:
    @bigjon I'd be keen to attend any workshops about anything pretty much!
    That just about sums up my view too.  Anything that can help a rough-and-ready player struggling to sound good.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Help with bends with added vibrato would interest me in the workshops. 
    @darthed1981 is coming over to my place this Sunday.

We're going to have a look through the whole song list, play through some of them, especially the ones he's interested in.
    We're also going to get to the bottom of this rattle/buzz his LP has got.

A few hours of music and guitars in a noise free place with as much coffee as you can drink and no hassle from anyone in a room full of guitars.

If anyone else who's going to the Jam would like to do the same thing, any day except Thursday's, let me know and let's plan something.

Ed's bringing a Katana 50 and I 've still got Tone Studio on my laptop plus I can record from my BOSS GT100 (Provided I can finally suss out how to use 'Reaper') so that option is (sort of) open as well which will help with taking away a recording of his / my playing to practice to.

All possibilities that are easily achieved.

See you Sunday Ed.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    I'd be well up for that @Alnico  if you didn't live in basically France! There's a small chance I might be down that way in a week or so though, would be nice to be sociable and musical for a couple of hours to break up the million miles of driving ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    I'd be well up for that @Alnico  if you didn't live in basically France! There's a small chance I might be down that way in a week or so though, would be nice to be sociable and musical for a couple of hours to break up the million miles of driving ;) 
    No problem at all.

I'm in Bedford, A few minutes away from the main train station.
    PM me for details.
    Let me know when you're free and drop in one day after 1 pm, you're most welcome.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Alnico said:
    @darthed1981 is coming over to my place this Sunday.

We're going to have a look through the whole song list, play through some of them, especially the ones he's interested in.
    We're also going to get to the bottom of this rattle/buzz his LP has got.

A few hours of music and guitars in a noise free place with as much coffee as you can drink and no hassle from anyone in a room full of guitars.

If anyone else who's going to the Jam would like to do the same thing, any day except Thursday's, let me know and let's plan something.

Ed's bringing a Katana 50 and I 've still got Tone Studio on my laptop plus I can record from my BOSS GT100 (Provided I can finally suss out how to use 'Reaper') so that option is (sort of) open as well which will help with taking away a recording of his / my playing to practice to.

All possibilities that are easily achieved.

See you Sunday Ed.
    Looking forward to it!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    If you're interested participating in a workshop at the event, please declare your interest here, and request any topics you'd like me to cover.

So far the list is:
    Legionreturns - soloing over chord progressions + breaking out of habitual shapes & licks.
    TADodger - any /all
    Nikko - any / all
    Vinylfan - strumming patterns, string-bending, power-chord progressions.
    ennspek - any / all
    aord43 - any / all
    not_the_dj - bends with added vibrato

Thanks everyone, keep the suggestions coming! :-)
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    As one who has organised amp demo days on few occasions if you are planning to do this in a meaningful way you will need another room. You're going to find it very difficult to dovetail 'loud' times with jamming songs. 

With only about 8 different amps when I did it i still wanted two rooms, trying to demo an amp when someone else was trying another up loud was very difficult. Never mind trying to record as well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    hywelg said:
    As one who has organised amp demo days on few occasions if you are planning to do this in a meaningful way you will need another room. You're going to find it very difficult to dovetail 'loud' times with jamming songs. 

With only about 8 different amps when I did it i still wanted two rooms, trying to demo an amp when someone else was trying another up loud was very difficult. Never mind trying to record as well. 
    We've got 2 large rooms now.
    One main room and one secondary function room, for want of a better title.

We've got a lot going on so Room 2 is hosting a lot of different stuff including recording an amp shootout.
    Thanks for the advice.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    So what amps have we got for the shoot-out now?
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    edited July 2017
    I've got a list but I'm just stepping out of the door now.
    I'll post the list later.
    I'm sure it's around 8 or 9 different 'Home Amps' that we've got in the shootout so far, most are modelling type I think.

I'll confirm it later today.

EDIT: There's a fair amount of big amps arriving that day as well!

No worries, ill check back later.

Just interested.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    Alnico said:
    I'm sure it's around 8 or 9 different 'Home Amps' that we've got in the shootout so far, most are modelling type I think.

I'll confirm it later today.

EDIT: There's a fair amount of big amps arriving that day as well!
    If I make it from the reserve list I'll be bringing a Carr Rambler, Ceriatone OTS, 1987 clone with PowerScaling and possibly a Ceriatone DZ30. Or not, as required....
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    bigjon said:
    If you're interested participating in a workshop at the event, please declare your interest here, and request any topics you'd like me to cover.

So far the list is:
    Legionreturns - soloing over chord progressions + breaking out of habitual shapes & licks.
    TADodger - any /all
    Nikko - any / all
    ennspek - any / all
    aord43 - any / all

@bigjon - can I sit at the back of class on any or all of these, to be honest I'd benefit from most if not all of the suggestions so far.

Will be like a big learning sponge on the day :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    bigjon said:

So far the list is:
    TADodger - any /all
    Nikko - any / all
    ennspek - any / all
    aord43 - any / all

@bigjon - can I sit at the back of class on any or all of these, to be honest I'd benefit from most if not all of the suggestions so far.

Will be like a big learning sponge on the day :)
    I think this might be my approach too
    @Nikko and others.......
    Give me a few days to get that list of amps that are being brought.
    I can't find the list I wrote down (I must learn to use the laptop, not bits of paper) and I've just had something blow my head apart today which has left me with no brain power whatsoever, certainly not the time or function to go back through these pages and re read everything to track down who's bringing what.
    I will do just not today, I have something very important on my hands right now that needs sorting quickly.

Back at you over this at the weekend / Monday ish.
    There's still plenty of time to publish stuff like that but I will get the info for you and it's a good point to raise, we should have a list of what's coming.

Back soon ish.
    Big stuff to deal with now.
    ;)
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    @Alnico I've got some spare time if you want me to go through the thread and compilee a list? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    @Alnico I've got some spare time if you want me to go through the thread and compilee a list? 
    I'll be brutally honest and say if you do have the time that would be an immense help right now, my head is about to cave in right now today and it will be days before I can either find the list I kept or do that by going back through it all.

If you can and you don't mind that would be an immense help.

Thank you in advance.
  • KickTheHabitKickTheHabit Frets: 91
    edited July 2017
    @Bridgehouse - Room for a couple more?
    i reckon my dad would like this as he's just venturing into doing the odd open mic / Jim night bit... he's mainly acoustic / electro acoustic ... would that be ok?
    Alnico said:
    @Nikko and others.......
    I can't find the list I wrote down (I must learn to use the laptop, not bits of paper) and I've just had something blow my head apart today which has left me with no brain power whatsoever, certainly not the time or function to go back through these pages and re read everything to track down who's bringing what.
    I will do just not today, I have something very important on my hands right now that needs sorting quickly.

There's still plenty of time to publish stuff like that but I will get the info for you and it's a good point to raise, we should have a list of what's coming.

Back soon ish.
    ;)

Not a problem mate. Not worth concerning yourself with, I was just curious.

Hope you get what you need to sort, sorted.

Cheers.

edited July 2017
    Nikko said:
    Alnico said:
    @Nikko and others.......

Back soon ish.

Not a problem mate. Not worth concerning yourself with, I was just curious.

Hope you get what you need to sort, sorted.

Cheers.

Thanks Nik

I'll know soon enough but today is just head crushing and not the time for that kind of brain power.
    I'll be ok, it's 1st world problems really, nothing *that* drastic just important to me, that's all.

All good.

If its important, its important :)

Plus, no-one like to have to use unnecessary brain power on a Friday afternoon ;)

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    edited July 2017

I've cocked up!

I new I was in Germany for a day or so during the week before 2nd Sept but had totally forgotten I'd agreed to go onto Italy from there (all work based). Looking at likely flights I'll probably get back home about midnight on the Friday having been away since early hours of Tuesday.

All that means I really should be spending the weekend with the kids and as much as I'd love to attend this I'd feel too guilty.

Sooo.... My place is up for grabs to the next guy in the queue

@alnico @bridgehouse - sorry for messing you about guys.

@all - Have a blast!

Jase  :-(

@monofin

I'll miss seeing you but I understand.
    I'll sort out the places and reserve list now.

Thanks for letting us know man, Keep in touch.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    edited July 2017
    Alnico said:
    I'm planning on bringing my ZT lunchbox. I usually run it through a 1x10 Blackstar cab, I'd like to try it through a larger cab. Not a home amp but a gigging amp in a home-amp-sized package, any Fender Twin owners out there with bad backs are welcome to give it a try :-D
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    @Bridgehouse - Room for a couple more?
    i reckon my dad would like this as he's just venturing into doing the odd open mic / Jim night bit... he's mainly acoustic / electro acoustic ... would that be ok?
    There's a reserve list @KickTheHabit, if you would like to add your name to that.  We're full until people drop out.  It's quite possible that some will between now and jam day, but it might all be a bit lastminute ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.