Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How do I ... How does this work ... How (etc) - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

How do I ... How does this work ... How (etc)

What's Hot

Comments

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Emp_Fab said:
    Will someone explain to me how tags work please ? ... it just searches for what I'm trying to add then tells me to get stuffed.
    That's how it's supposed to work, for you anyway. :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Awwwww.

How are you supposed to add the buggers to anything ?
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Where can I find the  list of threads that I've posted in??? Every time I want it I can't seem to find it!!!!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    "My Discussions".
    Top left of the screen, under your profile name but above the list of categories ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    That's just threads that I've started, not all the others that I've participated in.
  • axisus said:
    Where can I find the  list of threads that I've posted in??? Every time I want it I can't seem to find it!!!!
    @axisus, click on your username and then on "Comments". :)
    That's it!!!!!! Thanks!
    You know, I've asked this question about tags no fewer than three times, and still nobody has answered !!
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.

Emp_Fab said:
    You know, I've asked this question about tags no fewer than three times, and still nobody has answered !!
    @monquixote - what did we do with the tags?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Supposedly you just type them in.

Are they not working?

I'm not sure how useful they are so we could think about binning them.
    Not working for me (W7 64 / Chrome).  You start typing the word, it says 'searching' as you're typing, then it says 'no results' (if the word you're typing hasn't already been tagged by someone else).  You click anywhere and the word you've typed disappears. 
    we could think about binning them.

I'm not sure how useful they'd be unless we get a pre-defined list of tags from which people select those that apply to a post.  And use them consistently. 

And even then, a decent search tool would probably achieve more with less effort (from the users, if not from us!!)

So.... does anyone else see the same behaviour as I'm seeing when it comes to trying to add tags to a post ?
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    Emp_Fab said:
    So.... does anyone else see the same behaviour as I'm seeing when it comes to trying to add tags to a post ?

Dunno, where's the test board. ;) 
    Er... start a thread.... then try to add any suitably related words into the 'Tags' field below the editor window.
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    OK. ;)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    any news/update on the 'why dont the smileys work properly in all places ?'   

:)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    I'm using my iPhone and my text just becomes one long sentence without the paragraphs. Any tips on that?
    For some reason the editor is off by default on iOS devices. Click the "show source" button and it should turn the WYSIWYG editor on.

Where's the show source button please?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    HAL9000 said:
    I'm using my iPhone and my text just becomes one long sentence without the paragraphs. Any tips on that?
    For some reason the editor is off by default on iOS devices. Click the "show source" button and it should turn the WYSIWYG editor on.

Where's the show source button please?
    It's the one that looks like < >
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    edited September 2013
    Ta

It works!
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Ok, using my iphone (my main Internet source), how do I delete the list of my comments, my messages and notifications ? Been playing around and getting no where.
  • without trawling through 7 pages - I dont get any notifications re new posts or messages - ive ticked the appropriate boxes in my profile but still nothing...
  • bigdawg said:
    without trawling through 7 pages - I dont get any notifications re new posts or messages - ive ticked the appropriate boxes in my profile but still nothing...
    Neither do I.
    It could be a bug, a conflict between the "General" and "Category" notifications settings.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Mod chappies,

mark123 (mark.mason280@ntlworld.com)

is still having bother logging on, forgot new password and says he's not getting any auto emails in his email.

Ta muchly. He's not having much luck!
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    When I quote somebody, I can't get the stuff I write to appear outside of the box that contains the quote. Tried clicking outside the box, pressing various arrows, enter, tab etc. I have to write inside the quote box so it looks like my writing is part of the quote. Any ideas?
    Use Your Brian
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    edited October 2013
    jd0272 said:
    Mod chappies,

mark123 (mark.mason280@ntlworld.com)

is still having bother logging on, forgot new password and says he's not getting any auto emails in his email.

Ta muchly. He's not having much luck!
    Here's what I mean: Oh, it's working now. Ignore me
    Use Your Brian
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 124
    just been having a look at the off topic threads and I noticed that 'facepalm' was mentioned.....previously I had absolutely no idea what the 'frets', 'facepalm' icons meant.  I'm not sure if I've understood this correctly but does facepalm mean that someone has given you negative feedback for some reason? 

I noticed I has 2 facepalms in my profile and have no real idea what they are, what they mean or how they got there!  Could anyone enlighten me?  Ta......
    just been having a look at the off topic threads and I noticed that 'facepalm' was mentioned.....previously I had absolutely no idea what the 'frets', 'facepalm' icons meant.  I'm not sure if I've understood this correctly but does facepalm mean that someone has given you negative feedback for some reason? 

I noticed I has 2 facepalms in my profile and have no real idea what they are, what they mean or how they got there!  Could anyone enlighten me?  Ta......
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

They were a method of negative feedback. People were being silly with them. The mods learned the valuable axiom, "If a group with a population greater than n is given the opportunity to be silly they will be silly."

n is about four.

They were a method of negative feedback. People were being silly with them. The mods learned the valuable axiom, "If a group with a population greater than n is given the opportunity to be silly they will be silly."

n is about four.

I have to say I think that's worryingly weird.....that people can slag you off anonymously.  I have no problem with someone standing up and saying they have a problem with me if I have the opportunity to be heard.  Very strange.........