Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How do I ... How does this work ... How (etc) - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

How do I ... How does this work ... How (etc)

What's Hot

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 2872
    I'm on my PC using windows 8.1. I've posted links before on the forum and it's been fine so I've got no idea why I'm having the problem. I haven't changed any settings on my browser etc either.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Can you PM me the link to the SC clip that you want to paste?  Is it a public/private settings thing on SC?

I'm on PC (win7) and Chrome, and there's no problems.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Stevepage - I can't do it in Win8.1 (for obvious reasons) but it works fine ^^^ in Win7.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Why am I getting two discussion links on left handed guitar FS threads coming up when I go to the classifieds sub menu? I've not bookmarked either thread (no yellow star showing up). I'm not even left handed! This is when using the mobile forum on iPhone btw.
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549

Is there a way to stop the forum switching to mobile mode when I'm using my phone? I can tell it to use the normal interface, but it always seems to change to mobile mode after a period of time (maybe 30 minutes) and I have to tell it to go back to normal mode. Don't know what triggers it, but I guess it's maybe a session time-out.

I find mobile mode hard to use - can't zoom in, and some of the buttons/links are too small to tap reliably. Quite annoying when browsing some thread, and it switches to mobile, meaning I go back to the main index page when going to normal again, and then have to browse my way back into the thread (and often find myself at the end of a multi-page thread even if I was only half way through).

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Is it possible to set links posted like this one using the insert hyperlink button to open in a new tab like they do when posted like this:

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Hiya, did my query get missed or is it not possible to do?

Or are you all, like, too busy actually running the forum to respond to pissant little requests like this one? :)

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

hobbio said:
    Hiya, did my query get missed or is it not possible to do?

Or are you all, like, too busy actually running the forum to respond to pissant little requests like this one? :)
    Yes.

Don't know, but I hope so.

Yes - running the forum and trying to have lives  ;)

Seriously, it's something that bugs me too - particularly when links open in the same window and you end up losing where you were in the forum.  I'll ask @monquixote, but he's already got a long, long list of development requests, and an even longer list of demands on his time!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Shouldn't be massively tricky to do.

When I have time I'd like to bin the whole editor and sort out a new one. It doesn't work properly with Android and it's not something that's really fixable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    When I have time 
    Stop those keyboard lessons

:D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    edited March 2015 tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    When I have time 
    Stop those keyboard lessons

:D
    I doubt they will be starting any time soon.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 751
    edited April 2015
    @TTony  - Perhaps I'm just being a doofus, but I can see Speakers Corner (keeping up with J-Con's exploits) when on my Macbook Pro and on a Windows 7 desktop at work......but my (Android) Moto G phone doesn't show the SC in the Chat section - only tabs are Off Topic, Music and Meta.

Is this a cache issue - I have tried to reload the page fresh to no change?

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1488

I have just found a page where I am not being asked to sign in/register.

Trying to get back to the "whooshing amps at switchoff" thread.

I sign in with my name or email addy and password and the system doe NOT refuse it but still asks me to sign in!

Dave.

edited June 2015
    Browsing on a mobile, the wisdom icon at the bottom of all posts is currently showing as a blank square, no normal icon or text.
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 541
    Been here a while now, and always wondered if there was a list anywhere of all the 'emoticons' (not sure if that's the right word) available..?

At the moment I'm limited to... :) :D :(

Dunno why I've only just thought to ask.
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Top right corner of the "Leave a Comment" box - there is a little smiley face - click it and there are dozens of them.  Don't know if this works on phones though...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Nitefly said:
    Top right corner of the "Leave a Comment" box - there is a little smiley face - click it and there are dozens of them.  Don't know if this works on phones though...

although as far as I can work out you can't use them in the first post of a new Discussion.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 541
    Nitefly said:
    Genuinely have no idea how I've never spotted that before.
    Eyes must be going ;)

Cheers for pointing it out @Nitefly!
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • How do you ignore somebody such that you don't see their posts (including new topics started by them) or replies?
    How do you ignore somebody such that you don't see their posts (including new topics started by them) or replies?
    Unfortunately, you still see new topics started by them, and any comments they make that are subsequently quoted.

Your ignore list is under your profile settings.  You can add up to 5 people to the list.
  • Got it, thanks
  • domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    Been on here for a few years but still have no idea how you gain 'frets'? Is it just postings or is there some other criteria?
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    its the community's feedback on the funny-ness, wow-ness or wisdom of your contributions. At the bottom of each post are the three buttons (LOL, Wow!, Wisdom) if you click on a button, the poster gets a fret.
  • domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    Ah, that would explain why I have so few then :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I've managed somehow to hide the Guitar part of the gear section. Now I can't find any way of un-hiding it, help!! Using an iPhone btw.
  • Hello folks!

I am new here and I'd like to post on classifieds but Im not sure how... 

Any good soul around that could help a brother? 

Im selling a brand new Gibson LP Standard to hep me fund a Gibson es330... 

Ive got good pics of my Iced tea LP and Im happy trade for a 330 plus cash if the 330 is in great shape! 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    Sorry guys, newbie here. Signed up a while back but ive now started using the Board more recently. Id like to change my username to keep it inline with everything else I use.

Can a mod change this? I have messaged Lee (digitalscream) but ive had no reply yet. Any other mods out there who can help?

Ta, Scott :)

A mod can't.  But an admin can.  Lee'll do it.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:

A mod can't.  But an admin can.  Lee'll do it.
    Ok no worries mate, ill hang on until Lee picks up my message :)