Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Notifications - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Notifications

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• It also occurred to me that this could end up being an issue in getting new members to sign up.

If their response eMail from theFretBoard doesn't even get as far as the spam folder of their eMail service, and they don't already know someone on here who can flag the problem up, then we could be losing a proportion of the prospective future membership.

Maybe a second line of contact availability would go some way to sorting that one, if this current issue is insurmountable ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OK, after a lot of fishing around in the logs, I think I've figured out what the problem is - GMail's servers are exclusively using IPv6 now, so if the AAAA and PTR records aren't set up for IPv6 as well as IPv4, the host verification fails.

I've set those up now (as well as tidying up some other arcane configuration bits buried in sendmail), so hopefully it should start working at some point in the next 24 hours.

I've also figured out why my emails are coming through on GMail and nobody else's are - it's because all my mail goes to digitalscream.org.uk addresses which are then forwarded through to GMail; the server in the middle does have IPv6 enabled.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited November 2016
    So I was wrong about the   >-) >-)   thing then ???

Thanks for looking into it further, hopefully a good result all round...    ATB, Chris.

• Indeed. We'll get there in the end.

On the other hand, I still haven't managed to figure out what's failing with the OP's problem. Watch this space.
    <space for hire>
  • Confirmed: took a little while for Google's servers to catch up, but using direct interactions with their mail server I've managed to successfully send emails from this one.

I then resent a signup email from a test account here, and that worked too.

You should all start getting email notifications now.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Well done fella
  • Good job! I'm getting notifications.

R.
  • Yay me :D
    <space for hire>
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    Am I the only one with my issue??
  • Deijavoo said:
    Am I the only one with my issue??
    Couldn't just let me have a few minutes' glory, eh? :D

Seriously, that's next on the list. I wasn't prioritising it, since you're the only one who's reported it but the email thing was affecting everyone with GMail (a good few thousand people).

And yes...you seem to be the only one thus far.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    My apologies.  I just feel rather singled out by the great Internet Ayatollah.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Good job! I'm getting notifications.

Me too...well done!
  • Deijavoo said:
    My apologies.  I just feel rather singled out by the great Internet Ayatollah.

But that make you both unique, and "special"   @-)

Hope you get it sorted soon...