Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sooooo sore. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sooooo sore.

What's Hot
chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
edited August 2013 in Off Topic
Just got home from the herna op, shit, that smarts! Will have to lay in bed for a couple of days posting shite on here. So, nothing new, really.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    Hope you feel better soon Chilli.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 434
    Ouch - been there.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    Hernia: It's what you get from trying to mate a gearbox. To the back of an engine, before anyone says anything.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Best Wishes Chilli.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Thanks, guys. I'm not looking forward to having a shit, though..........that's going to be a bit painful!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Get better soon, Chilli. :)
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, guys. I'm not looking forward to having a shit, though..........that's going to be a bit painful!
    have a curry ... then you won't have to press so hard to excrete it ;)

edit a laxative might have similar effect until you can make it to the curry house
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    edited August 2013
    Cheers, Phil. I'd contemplated drinking a shedload of Bass, and a vindaloo, but for some reason Mrs C didn't go a lot on that idea. Women, eh?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    It was the bass, she's recommending Doombar (as am I) ;-)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

"Doombar".. That could be the sound of the next morning's dump.

• Doombar is not a bad brew. However I find that any "fruity" beer plays havoc with my insides. Especially anything from the Wychwood brewery. If i were looking for a laxative effect, I'd drink Hobgoblin.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Speedy recovery.
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Pic of scar please.
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, Oct. @Viz - It's all obscured by dressings at the moment. Although I don't really want to put a mate off from getting his own hernia sorted! I tell you, it fucking well hurts when I move, but I'm soooo relieved I've had it done at last.

I had slightly more than a hernia (partial bowel removal, scar pretty much from chest to below waist!!!) op, and yep it fucking hurts. So you get sympathy from me. Still, on the bright side, Mr & Mrs Chilli can have a take-away curry for dinner......

This might be the catalyst for a bit of weight removal, Mike. So it looks like curries are off the menu at the moment. And as Mrs C is doing the cooking, it won't be anything exotic. Unless you consider beans on toast to be exotic. I usually do the cooking, it's safer that way.

Yep, weight loss is also needed on the Mike_l front. Still that'll be easier when the docs stop making me take 1 metric fuck-tonne of steroid per day.....

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Ouch - Get well soon Mr Doggy.
    Good new! I've had a half-decent crap this morning, and it wasn't too painful. I'm off to the hospital to have the dressings removed later on, which I'm not looking toward to, but it's just one more obstacle to be overcome. NB: Any requests for webcams or vids to view the process will be met with a polite refusal.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Good news chilly.
    Really Chilli, I wanted footage of my surgery specifically so I could let peoples watch it..

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    edited August 2013
    Are you taking the piss out of me again ?
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    Not this time Emp, for a change

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Youch! Get well soon

Dressings removed (which smarted, especially where it was stuck to the remaining hairs they hadn't managed to shave off my big fat gut). The consultant took a look at it with the flashlight on his iPhone (no, seriously, I'm not shitting you), and apparently it all looks very good indeed, which is a huge relief. I can't bear to look at the wound for the moment, but Mrs C assures me that I now have a belly button again, instead of a mushroom.

@Chillidoggy Sympathies mate, I know how sore that can be.

I once had a consultant sniff a surgical wound to check for infection as it 's quicker than a blood test (although there was med students sitting in, so he *might* have been having a laugh).

At least he didn't take a swab from under your ballbag, eh?

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    mike_l said:

I once had a consultant sniff a surgical wound to check for infection as it 's quicker than a blood test (although there was med students sitting in, so he *might* have been having a laugh).

Many years ago, when I was in for an iliostomy (partial small bowel removal) the consultant used to bring a bunch of students round to watch him do a rectal exam. Then he'd offer to let them have a go!!! I politely told them no, once was enough, let them learn on each other.
    I wouldn't have minded the young trainee lady doc taking that swab...