Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Your current earworm? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Your current earworm?

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
What's your current earworm? That piece of music that keeps repeating in your head.

At the moment I cannot get 'Hyperactive' by Thomas Dolby out of my skull.

"At the tender age of three, I was hooked to a machine, just to stop my mouth from spouting junk"
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    Maaaaaagic, moooooooments
    When two hearts are caring
    Maaaaaagic, moooooooments
    Memories we've been sharing

Because I manage a property in an actual street called Quality Street...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Intro guitar riff to this.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1732
    Unfortunately it's the theme tune to the CBBC programme 'Topsy&Tim' - pesky kids with their TV programmes!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921

Generals and Majors - XTC. I can't find the studio version on YT so this'll have to do.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I hate it, but this has been going round my head since Sunday when I heard it at a kids party.

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited March 2016
    Various bits of Blink 182 from the Enema of the State album that I dug back out this week. Particularly the track "Going Away to College".

I've always got something rolling around in my head, sometimes they seem to come from nowhere.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    This one:

great drums too:

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1513
    edited March 2016
    Love this and it's stuck in my head!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stevebrumstevebrum Frets: 6759

Love the bass line...

How can I care if it's the caring that's killing me.
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    The new Biffy Clyro single, "Wolves of Winter"

Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited March 2016
    Off and on, this song (and video) has been stuck in my brain for years. I love the P Bass.

It's not a competition.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    The solo of Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1525
    Cream "White Room"
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    BigMonka said:
    Unfortunately it's the theme tune to the CBBC programme 'Topsy&Tim' - pesky kids with their TV programmes!
    Haha. I'm glad it's not just me! 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• nick79nick79 Frets: 242
    octatonic said:
    Intro guitar riff to this.

I saw these guys play at a smallish gig a little while back, and although they are a little too 'Nickelback' for me they were very very good. They are going places i reckon. And the drummer (who is a girl, not that it makes any difference) can really play - We were really impressed. 
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Biohazard - Tales from the hardside.

"tales from the hardside...HARDSIDE..."

...oh and the song that snowman in Frozen sings..."winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle, but put me in summer and ill be a ...Happy Snowman" That one is the Daughter fault.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2093
    Safety Dance - Men Without Hats  >:D<
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    A jumble of all the Runrig I listened to last weekend
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    Budgie;1022047" said:
    Safety Dance - Men Without Hats  >:D<
    A great tune @Budgie - I remember taping this on a Sunday night when I was a kid.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    Done a couple of necro-posts lately!

Damn you Ted Lasso...I can't get rid of this tune:

Audio is a bit shit but the performance is awesome...enjoy ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    'Shine Silently' by Nils Lofgren.  It won't stop playing in my head and I can't stop asking Alexa to play it.  Driving me potty.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    A small section of one of the tracks on the new Extreme album.  I can't even remember which track it is - I think it's "X Out".
  • ALRALR Frets: 75
    Can U Wait That Long? By Shakespears Sister

from their (her) third album recorded in 1996 but not released until 2004 thanks to the record company dropping the act and Siobahn eventually getting the record released, it’s unexpectedly brilliant. The aforementioned track could have been a no1, the rest of the album is quite a lot like Garbage (guitars, trip hop), and still quite good if you like Siobahn Fahey and her slightly dark and twisted view on life. I certainly do!
    My music blog:
    http://alrmusicblog.blogspot.com/ (updated Feb 2023)
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4501
    "Still holding on to black metal... (black metaaaaaal) - My Morning Jacket
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I had a brief MMJ period that almost entirely began and ended with that song. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4501
    I had a brief MMJ period that almost entirely began and ended with that song. 
    I'm the same. Nothing else they've done touches me at all, really, but this is insidious... esp. the performance on Later. 
  • The chorus to Kisses, Slowdive's new tune....... 

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    Animals as Leaders - Thoughts and Prayers off Parrhesia. 

https://youtu.be/WHznmFZxhMA

If prog metal can really be an ear worm.

Tosin Abasi plays one of the lead lines on the new Music Man Kaizen ad. It’s really stuck in my head. 

I’m now trying to learn the rest of the tune. It’s relatively simple by their standards (and mostly doable on a 6 string) but still has its tricky moments.  

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Countdown to shutdown, the latest offering from the Hives.

I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.