Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Anxiety/Panic attacks - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Anxiety/Panic attacks

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• streethawk, right with yer. 

We're all surrounded by this syndrome and that syndrome, the only one I'm interested in is the fuck it syndrome. Which I'm practising on a daily basis, with limited results, I'm nothing if not dogged ( or is that dog eared....? )

:-\"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    I went through this recently, Rob. I'm ok now though. My mum and dad died last year so I suspect that played a major part in it. Have a think about practicing mindfulness. It helped me.
    I play at my dining room table.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    I don't think I've ever seen someone use promotional photos of singers to promote "spirituality" or to give lifestyle and medical advice before. For shame the people who tagged that tripe as wisdom!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1628
    Drew_fx said:
    I don't think I've ever seen someone use promotional photos of singers to promote "spirituality" or to give lifestyle and medical advice before. For shame the people who tagged that tripe as wisdom!!
    You'd be forgiven for thinking this was a music related forum!

Here's one you might relate better to:

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertie said:
    do you think that they may now be about apprehension, of the "pending" panic attacks themselves ?? -   so the attacks are brought on by the fear of them happening ?  

Sorry if this is repeating what someone else has said (I have not had time to read the whole thread), but this is part of the cyclical problem of panic attacks.  It's the same as when people try to help by saying 'don't worry about it' or 'you need to calm down' and in fact it just adds weight to the failure you feel at being taken over by a panic attack in the first place.

The only real way to stop the escalation is to recognise the onset and then do something that both distracts you and you enjoy.  I have found even headphones with a song that 'sucks you in' and you can concentrate on can be a great aid.

Panic attacks take an incredible amount out of you physically so explain to those around you that you need some rest and try and get a sleep in the day - especially if they are breaking up your night time sleep.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Would one of these mugs help ??

:D
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    I want one !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback