Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Best "Outro" of a Song? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Best "Outro" of a Song?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    I Am The Resurrection and Kid Charlemagne get my vote too.

And minus 1 for Layla, hate the outro.

Will add that Gary Moore's outro solo on Still Got the Blues is pure class, and reminds me of my youth.

And probably controversial but ive always love the last minute of this Coldplay song, a nice euphoric and very different end to a bland song. Listen from about 4:10.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    equalsql said:
    Kebabkid said:

Jellyfish's "New Mistake" - the build up from 2.54 and how each bit is added at every turn. In fact, have a listen to the whole song for a perfectly crafted pop toon! Great guitars too.

Very nice that!  Never heard of this band before but will definitely be checking more of their stuff out. Have a wisdom on me for the heads up 

:D
    Glad you liked it equalsql and there was a thread about them recently. They had 2 main albums and were around in the 90s. They borrowed from The Beatles, Wings, 10cc, The Beach Boys and Queen and to this day, are probably the best live band I've ever seen with fantastic vocal harmonies too. Sadly, they were dropped by their label. Also worth checking out are the solo albums by their 2nd guitarist, Jason Falkner.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @daveww

RHCP definitely a good choice there, great backing vocals and like how it mellows out at the finish.

@Kebabkid

That's a good track by Jellyfish, there a new one on me.

And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Teenage Fanclub. The Concept

Am I showing my age?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Teenage Fanclub. The Concept

Am I showing my age?
    Possibly. I've heard of Teenage Fanclub but never knowingly listened to any of their tracks. Which means they're after my time, hence you're showing that you're younger than me. Perhaps that's showing my age too.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Phil_aka_Pip;77364" said:
    NervousJohn said:

Teenage Fanclub. The Concept

Am I showing my age?

Possibly. I've heard of Teenage Fanclub but never knowingly listened to any of their tracks. Which means they're after my time, hence you're showing that you're younger than me. Perhaps that's showing my age too.
    You're in for a treat then. :)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    I've heard of Teenage Fanclub but never knowingly listened to any of their tracks.
    Ah… but you've probably *heard* a few Teenage Fanclub tracks - you just don't remember any of them.

They're an odd band - they have a lot of familiar-sounding almost-classic songs but yet have somehow managed to avoid writing anything with that one killer hook that makes a song really memorable. I really don't know why - I've got a couple of their albums and been to see them live twice as well, and they're a nice band to listen to and watch… but there's just something missing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• I remember this one quite well. Good tune.

Could have come straight out of the 60's.

And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    edited November 2013
    @Kebabkid - cannot give you enough wisdoms for Jellyfish, this one is great too - from 2:45:

Also, 5:55:

Someone said it already but we need evidence - starts at 3:35. My favourite bit is when you can actually hear him change from the neck to bridge pickup at 4:13 - really gets going from then. One of the first solos that really made me sit up and listen, I think.

Also, literally the entire last half of this - start at 3:50 ish and listen till the end, it's magic. Those clean tones as well... wow.

And the best of all, the epic solo from 5:15:

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    I like that last one. It's excellent.
    I play at my dining room table.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    ^ I too love that pickup switching you hear in still got the blues outro, awesomes.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2467
    ICBM has already said it but my vote would have to go with "Hotel California", it's just a wonderfully crafted section IMHO.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    I never put a link up for my choice actually. Bucket has inspired me. From 5:29

I play at my dining room table.