Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Number plates - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Number plates

What's Hot

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    I remember when the Audi Quattro came out there used to be one pass me each morning on the A3 at Robin Hood Gate with... AUD 1
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I remember when the Audi Quattro came out there used to be one pass me each morning on the A3 at Robin Hood Gate with... AUD 1
    Wow, he only paid one Australian dollar for it?!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    The best one I ever saw was L454 GNE
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    TO55ERS - but probably not issued
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    In the 70's I saw an old Mini with 4 KOV. 

Still want that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    hywelg said:
    In the 70's I saw an old Mini with 4 KOV. 

Still want that.

Currently on a '15 plate silver Porsche apparently.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Best one I ever saw was B1TCH
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Having just transfered a custom plate to a car, it surprises me that my Insurance company charges £19.50 to update a single field in the database. 
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    saw a good one yesterday

OX 07 FFF
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    Having just transfered a custom plate to a car, it surprises me that my Insurance company charges £19.50 to update a single field in the database. 
    I changed my address, and worked out that they were charging me over £1 per keystroke. Bastards.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    I wonder if KN 08  is around...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I wonder if KN 08  is around...
    ... with the letters HED
  • HAL9000 said:
    Was overtaken by a black Merc on the M4 yesterday, number plate P90 AXE. Even though I don't like calling my guitar an axe I thought it was a pretty cool plate. Then today I saw TH15 ROX on a Beemer.

Just looking out for LE5 9AUL now.
    I'm a bit late to the game, but, I've owned that plate since 1st Sept 2009, I had it on my office calendar for 8 years waiting for the day to pounce on the DVLA.........just about to put on my car again and pick up my guitar again funnily enough. I was looking for an old thread on a Les Paul forum where I'd previously discussed it and came across this discussion......
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Nadine Dorries should have G 08 BLA.
    Be seeing you.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Saw an open Audi TT many years ago on the M40 with the plate MU51 CTV.
  • Our last car had the number plate LV69FMP.
    The second my wife saw it she shouted out (at the dealership). Love 69 Fuck me please.
    Followed are car yesterday with the number plate, PU55 all I could think of was puss. Not a good plate.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I want this numberplate!

especially as my first name begins with a 'J'.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Our last car had the number plate LV69FMP.
    The second my wife saw it she shouted out (at the dealership). Love 69 Fuck me please.
    Followed are car yesterday with the number plate, PU55 all I could think of was puss. Not a good plate.
    I always make up phrases for my car number plates - Not necessarily sexy as per above - But certainly some instant catchy 'message'  - Kevin 69 Lenny is my current plate/message
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    saw a good one yesterday

OX 07 FFF
    I'm not getting that.... ?
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 322
    One of the coolest I have seen was A8LUR on an Alpine A310 In Cheshire.  A long, long time ago I used to have 37JON.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    I don't like personalised number plates
    I especially don't like fairly low value ones where people have tampered with the layout or letters to try and personalise them because it smells of trying hard to be cool and it just isn't ..........the automotive fake-Gucci bag............when,
    738 RRY  Gets doctored and put together to become TERRY 
    S10 DSS  becomes SIDS'S
    bit pathetic....says I couldn't  afford SID 5 .........but I want it so badly so here's one I made earlier !
    I guess they figure the ego boost is worth being pulled over and fined a couple of times per year
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Emp_Fab said:
    saw a good one yesterday

OX 07 FFF
    Me either, but seeing as Phil buggered off years ago I don’t suppose we’ll ever find out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I saw a Mini earlier this year around South London with the plate W357 HAM
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    ^ They was out of their own enz innit !
  • randellarandella Frets: 3847
    boogieman said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    saw a good one yesterday

OX 07 FFF
    Me either, but seeing as Phil buggered off years ago I don’t suppose we’ll ever find out. 
    Looks like an obscure instruction in x86 Assembler from here 
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 839
    I had a lesson in buying reg numbers from a mate of mine, as he had done it often before.

He told me to make an offer to the company, then stick to it no matter what. Also do not keep looking at it on their site as they can see the amount of hits it’s getting.

So I put an offer in and they said no, they said there was absolutely no way their directors would be accepting the offer.

A week later I got a call asking if I was interested at their price and I reiterated I wasn’t.

My mate told me not to worry as all I had to do was forget about it and in a couple of months he guaranteed they would ring me and take my offer.

Out of the blue about 3 months later I got the call and got the plate at the price I offered to them. It was £5000 off their asking price.

So if there is a cherished plate you fancy but the price is high, it may well be worth sticking your offer in and just forgetting about it 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005

There's a black AMG Merc I have see occasionally in the (Dulwich/Streatham/ Brixton)  

G1LL4N

It couldn't be Ian Gillan of Deep Purple, could it?.
  • rze99 said:

There's a black AMG Merc I have see occasionally in the (Dulwich/Streatham/ Brixton)  

G1LL4N

No it couldn’t because that’s not a valid number plate. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    the_jaffa said:
    rze99 said:

G1LL4N

It's some variant that "says" Gillan" when I see it. I'll look more closely next time.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    rze99 said:
    the_jaffa said:
    rze99 said:

G1LL4N

It's some variant that "says" Gillan" when I see it. I'll look more closely next time.
    G11 LAN

On a (new) blue BMW X3
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.