Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Number plates - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Number plates

What's Hot
HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
Was overtaken by a black Merc on the M4 yesterday, number plate P90 AXE. Even though I don't like calling my guitar an axe I thought it was a pretty cool plate. Then today I saw TH15 ROX on a Beemer.

Just looking out for LE5 9AUL now.
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    edited April 2015
    GA55AGE to be bought Available for 762 too!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    CUN 701D is still my favourite........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    I saw a H17 MAN once .. that was pretty cool
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I had a mini which was PRN89P

Which wasn't impressive until I changed my name to match

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    I saw a Land Rover once with M253 MPH.

It had the square type number plate that you sometimes see.  So it was spaced:

M25
    3MPH
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    I used to see a 4x4 round where I lived, R50 ULS

The owner had modified the plate to
    RSOULS.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1324
    Steve Parish, ex motorbike racer and tv commentator has PEN 15 on his Merc
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    While we're on the subject, if you want new plates without all the malarky that goes with it, then have a look online for myshowplates.com. You can order them off the web and have whatever you want on them. I did that for mine, really good service, and none of this taking in your V5 bollocks.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    rsvmark said:
    Steve Parish, ex motorbike racer and tv commentator has PEN 15 on his Merc
    His mrs had UP K1M so parked side-by-side they read....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• HAL9000 said:
    Was overtaken by a black Merc on the M4 yesterday, number plate P90 AXE. Even though I don't like calling my guitar an axe I thought it was a pretty cool plate. Then today I saw TH15 ROX on a Beemer.

I know the person with that number plate!  He knows rather a lot about guitars and writes for a Well Known Guitar Magazine.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    HAL9000 said:

I know the person with that number plate!  He knows rather a lot about guitars and writes for a Well Known Guitar Magazine.
    Excellent - tell him not to cut in quite so close next time he overtakes me.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1882
    LE5 9AUL is on a 2010 Vauxhall Meriva 1.4.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4353
    boogieman said:
    I used to see a 4x4 round where I lived, R50 ULS

The owner had modified the plate to
    RSOULS.

Hahahaha, I don't know why but that made me laugh!!
    Hahahaahaha!!!
    What site are you guys using to check this info?
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1882
    Hahahaahaha!!!
    ROCK'N'ROLL!
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    mine is b1g t1taes
    tae be or not tae be
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    The woman with the PEN15 numberplate lived round the corner from me .. the five was stylised to look like an 's' .. wouldn't get away with it these days.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    There was a gorgeous blonde in Liverpool where I grew up who had
    GPU 55Y

She had an original BMW M3 (E30)

• Alnico said:
    There was a gorgeous blonde in Liverpool where I grew up who had
    GPU 55Y

She had an original BMW M3 (E30)

Yep, pretty sure I remember seeing that one.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    the priest around the corner from me has.... 1 DIRTY PERVO BASTIRT
    tae be or not tae be
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 505
    edited April 2015
    One of the owners of The Daily Planet - it's a brothel in Melbourne, had the personalised number plate W4NK on her car, the car was a beauty, it was either a 56 or 57 Chevy in both matte black and high gloss black, and the person who owned and drove the car was a blonde bombshell - great tits and arse.....  We both used the same car wash up in Reservoir in Melbourne, I used to bump into her often in the coffee shop the car wash had, and she is loaded worth an absolute fortune, and she had spent some serious money on the car, shaved doors, huge throaty beefy engine, lowered, very very nice wheels the works.  It was the perfect number plate for her line of work really.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited April 2015
    NickBotfield said:
    If we we still on MusicRadar, he would have posted on this thread by now. :)
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    NickBotfield;589709" said:
    HAL9000 said:

Was overtaken by a black Merc on the M4 yesterday, number plate P90 AXE. Even though I don't like calling my guitar an axe I thought it was today I saw TH15 ROX on a Beemer.

Does he only drive at 40 or 50 miles an hour? Or only fill up on 4 star petrol?

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    edited July 2018
    Overtook a Volvo Estate earlier today....TH15 KYD........I nipped past in a 25 year old Defender, he was sooooo slooooow, the sort who brakes for every corner and when a car comes the other way....what a C11NTT!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    Bugger wrong thread!
    Sily old sod......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    When I worked in the DVLA in the 80’s/90’s I was dating a woman who worked in the “Cherished Marks” department (i.e. the personalised plates dept).  As the computer had no concept of offensive words, especially when constructed from numbers as well, they had to input a list of reg marks not to be issued.  They would think of all the rude / offensive combinations they could and note them in a book.  It had the title “Skid Marks”.  
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 2989
    tFB Trader
    What site are you guys using to check this info?
    This one - https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk