Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I got a fret! - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I got a fret!

What's Hot
So proud thanks whoever did it
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I haz 2 now, no clue why though. Be nice to know which posts got fretted.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2803
    We also need monthly rankings.  Must say Im giving them away quite freely.

Im either learning a lot, chuckling or awed by pics of gear, or the drugs are clouding my judgement.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    What's a fret? I mean, I know what a fret is but what's a 'fret'?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I appear to have a couple as well. How do you know which post (sorry, comment) they were for?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    At the moment only by finding the post in question. 
    As a few people have mentioned it we might add it as a feature. 
  • musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
    Lucky you I am still a big fat Zero , I must be really boring ...  :-( 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    Have a free one on me

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    I'm trying to collect them all.

I have 4 lols, 7 wisdoms (ooh, get me), 1 wow and 1 facepalm.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    8/5/7/1 for me.

I'm guessing that means I'm funny and clever, not especially surprising and a tiny bit irritating.
    <space for hire>
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    So what's a fret and how do you bestow it?

I tried a LOL and a Wisdom click yesterday but both just took me to a weird page with a handful of symbols at the top.
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:

I tried a LOL and a Wisdom click yesterday but both just took me to a weird page with a handful of symbols at the top.
    Hmm that sounds like a bug. 
    Could you provide some more specific details?
    I think this could be discriminatory. I mean, there could be those amongst us who are unlikely to get a 'wisdom' fret.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I think this could be discriminatory. I mean, there could be those amongst us who are unlikely to get a 'wisdom' fret.

Your only lack of wisdom is in getting a toaster.... :-p

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

See? I told you.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisus said:

Hmm that sounds like a bug. 
    Could you provide some more specific details?
    I tried LOLing someone and got a page with come code in it ... wasn't C but could have been some of this nasty script stuff you new-fangled types write ;) clicked the back button and the screen was restored with the post's LOL count set to 1 (it had been 0). So it worked, after a fashion. BTW I'm using IceWeasel on Debian 2.6
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
    mike_l said:
    Have a free one on me
    Thanks I really feel like  I belong now :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    mike_l said:
    Have a free one on me
    Thanks I really feel like  I belong now :-)
    You're welcome :-)

tFB Trader
    I tried LOLing someone and got a page with come code in it ... wasn't C but could have been some of this nasty script stuff you new-fangled types write ;) clicked the back button and the screen was restored with the post's LOL count set to 1 (it had been 0). So it worked, after a fashion. BTW I'm using IceWeasel on Debian 2.6
    @Phil_aka_Pip if it happens again could you copy the text and message it to me?

Ta!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Bucket said:
    I'm trying to collect them all.

I have 4 lols, 7 wisdoms (ooh, get me), 1 wow and 1 facepalm.
    Make that 2 facepalms. ;)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    edited August 2013
    octatonic said:
    Make that 2 facepalms. ;)
    Cheeky sod. :(

Facepalm reciprocated. :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Whoohoo!
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1525
    I got a solitary one from somewhere too.  I don't who or why but it was nice and made me feel like I was a little part of things here.  :)
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I seem to have acquired some more too, which is nice!

• dindudedindude Frets: 8409

Just 2 LOL's for me, so whilst overall I'm not very interesting, proportionally I am funny as f*ck.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8201
    I used to have a fret, like you; but then I took a palm in the face.

More like 40 palms now...
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    holnrew said:
    I used to have a fret, like you; but then I took a palm in the face.

More like 40 palms now...

But you still get to top the leader board, so all is good, no.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    So ....... still the same question  ....... what the smeg is a fret???? (within the context of forum posts?)
    tFB Trader
    It's a non specific goodwill currency of the forum. It is the sum total of your LOL. Wow and Wisdom minus your facepalms, but above that it's a bit of fun and not meant to be taken too seriously.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I tried LOLing someone and got a page with come code in it ... wasn't C but could have been some of this nasty script stuff you new-fangled types write ;) clicked the back button and the screen was restored with the post's LOL count set to 1 (it had been 0). So it worked, after a fashion. BTW I'm using IceWeasel on Debian 2.6
    @Phil_aka_Pip if it happens again could you copy the text and message it to me?

Ta!
    @monquixote I just tried WOWing your post (at home, Chrome on Windoze XP), and I'm not seeing the same thing so it might be an IceWeasel/Firefox issue. 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    tFB Trader
    Interesting. 
    Do you have Javascript disabled at work?