Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). ayahuasca - anyone had any experience? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

ayahuasca - anyone had any experience?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    In Stings Biographies he tells of his use of hayauasca  in the Amazon 
    He don't care if it's wrong or if it's right.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 419
    I’ve worked with a couple of people whose lives have been completely turned around as a result of it - both were suffering from pretty severe anxiety and depression (and drug addiction for one of them), both had extensively tried traditional talk therapy and anti depressants which didn’t help, but Ayahuasca was a complete life changing experience for them. 

The trick is finding someone trustworthy and experienced to guide you through the process and also to ensure that it's actually Ayahuasca that you're taking because I've heard of a few people being given DMT at a supposed Ayahuasca ceremony.  One of the guys is a friend and he wrote up his experiences for our magazine (I work in AOD) - happy to send you a pic of the article if you want
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Never heard of it, new to me. 

Just on the mention of Portugal I did read quite a long article about their approaches to drug abuse a while ago. I can't remember the detail but certainly seen as working with lots of benefits. 

When I worked in criminal justice we just had governments (Labour included) who tended to see anything that wasn't just punishment as being soft or as treats for offenders. I think it was Michael Howard who looked at the Nothing Works research and said no Prison Works. On the back of that we had the What Works agenda and some of the strongest research into recidivism .Which the current Tory government decided to ignore because doing stuff that works costs money/ doesn't fit with their view of criminals. The Portuguese approach to drug misuse, from what I recall, is cheap taken overall because it frees up so much police time. But most UK politicians would see it as political suicide to talk about decriminalisation of drugs.  

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break.