Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Easy Life band to change name, what to? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Easy Life band to change name, what to?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    The Far Cares
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • This trademarking of perfectly ordinary words and phrases is ludicrous.  The phrase 'easy life' existed long before Stelios was even born.  As in, 'Anything for an easy life'.

Which, BTW, should totally be the title of their next album.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    It's quite disgusting how childish he is in placing such an obvious link entitled "Brand Thieves" on the easyGroup website and boasts about having forced companies' hands over what is a common dictionary word.
    As mentioned previously, how would a musical band named Easy Life have any effect whatsoever on his easyLife company (home, garden, tech and lifestyle retailer like Argos)?  I can see good reason that he would want to stop other companies from using "easy" in their names if their businesses were a conflict with any of his, like the small company that called itself easyfly and registered its domain name as such, and particularly if those companies had used similar white font on orange background like easyJet. but a band?!  It's the sadistic joy that is evident from the above "blog" page that sickens me, like "An early Christmas present for Sir Stelios and the easy family of brands with another legal victory".

I see from that page that he has now trademarked the prefix "Ezy" in combination with 6 different names, and already had "eazi" trademarked.  It seems to me, from having read some of the judicial findings, that companies who had already registered domain names that "follow the familiar recognisable pattern" as a naming convention have been forced to relinquish those domain names to easyGroup.  I wonder how many of those companies were already set up with their names before easyGroup decided to trademark the word combination, start a company of that name, and then bankrupt the existing companies?

The brand list on his site now shows as the following that are prefixed by lowercase "easy", so it doesn't really leave any areas open for any companies to use the dictionary word to express how trouble free their service is intended to be:
    Jet, Car, Hotel, Bus, History, Sim.global, Networks, Hub, Storage, Voyage, Cleaning, Money, Property, Gym, Air, Guide, Charging.app, Eventhire, Toolhire, Hire, Van, Studies, Ferry, Email, Pet, Taxis, Coffee, Travel, Life.co.uk, Parking, Travelseat, Flights, Greece, Fly, Sky, Food, PR, Hemp, Greek, Conveyance, Office, Pizza, Cruise, Foodstore, Mobile, Bookings, Currency, Energy, Art, Marketing, Accessibility, Boat, Woo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    It's interesting to see Stelios hasn't taken the Allen Carr group on for it's "easyway" self help books.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    In PR terms this may be the best thing that has happened to the band. How many of us had heard of them before this?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    More than anything they must be absolutely livid about all the free publicity
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    drofluf said:
    In PR terms this may be the best thing that has happened to the band. How many of us had heard of them before this?
    I don't know, though. 

"This band have been treated very badly having to change their name. Let's go and see their next gig and give them some support."

"Okay, I'll check the listings. What are they called now?"

"Er... oh bugger, I don't know."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • khaotickhaotic Frets: 103
    "Shot in the dark, but maybe its this band called Fuck Off And Die Stelios...?"