Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Easy Life band to change name, what to? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Easy Life band to change name, what to?

What's Hot
Been following this being from Leicester and all that...

https://news.sky.com/story/band-sued-by-easyjet-brand-owners-to-change-name-12982311

Cheap Flights would be a good name change.
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    Sleazy something ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    The Stelios Flyers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    merlin said:
    The Stelios Flyers.

My first thought was The Stelios Killers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Just posted thread link on there X just in case one of us come up with something usable:lol: 
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    I thought it was a ridiculous thing to go to court over, then I saw their poster where they'd nicked an easyJet photo and changed the names on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited October 2023
    Shit Life?  No, Shite Life.

That's not a comment on the band, or on Leicester, just the general state of the world today.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9128
    edited October 2023

(crossover from the comedic songs thread!)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    How about White Harmony?
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1042
    Ryan Life?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wibble said:
    Ryan Life?
    Reynolds would sue fer sure. :lol: 
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    Not easy jet
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1572
    It Ain't Easy Being Sleazy

The Orange Wings
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    edited October 2023
    S56035 said:
    I thought it was a ridiculous thing to go to court over, then I saw their poster where they'd nicked an easyJet photo and changed the names on it.
    That's a little provocative I agree but hardly the first time an advert has been used in homage/satire.

Think it's a bullying tactic by SleasyjetEasy Group; the report I heard said the band couldn't afford the legal costs to contest the case. I think Stelio's would have been hard pressed to find someone who genuinely confusing the band and the airline.

As to new names how about one from; "Unexplained Delay", "No Compensation" or "The Cancellations"?
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    Just to point out it's nothing to do with easyJet.  It's easyGroup who own the branding.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    wibble said:
    Ryan Life?
    Life of Ryan. 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    S56035 said:
    Just to point out it's nothing to do with easyJet.  It's easyGroup who own the branding.
    Thanks for pointing it out :) Post corrected.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Hard Jet
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    edited October 2023
    Greasy Life Wife
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Black Harmony.
    Or
    Just The Black Keys.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    edited October 2023
    The singer should change his name by deed poll to Easy Life - or maybe E.Z. Life. Then the band could legitimately claim that they’re named after their singer. 

Reminds of the story about Warner Brothers suing the Marx Brothers for using the word ‘Cassablanca’ in the title of one of their films (Warner Bros had recently released the Bogart film Casablanca). The Marx Brothers countersued Warner Brothers for using the word ‘Brothers’ in their company name.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jalapeno said:
    Sleazy something ?
    Sleazy Gets
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Seems pretty pathetic. You cant copyright the word ‘Easy’. It’s not as it people would turn up to a gig expecting to get flown to America.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    I'd go for Filbert Faux and see how that goes down.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    They should start up an airline.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    I'd go for Filbert Faux and see how that goes down.
    I know a guitarist I met through this site years ago, who was Filbert Fox at home games when he was a student!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Honestly if they don't go with "Shitty Airline" I'll be disappointed.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    ‘Speedy Boarding’
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Convert to Judaism and call yourselves Izzy Life.