Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45
2»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    TimmyO said:
    Sporky said:
    I like these. I think @TimmyO might have had one. 
    I never did but you're right I REEEEEALLY wanted one 
    Ah - sorry. I think you or Mr Bowks referred to the as the iGuitar.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    I love Yamaha's attention to detail ... like the plate over the truss adjustment nut. Every other manufacturer who uses this end of fingerboard system lets the nut sit out there, collecting dust - here they add a cute little cover plate :-)
    Yamaha really have to be one of the most under appreciated guitar brands out there.  

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    That truss rod cover plate is also on Levinson guitars, and is most certainly a detail that I like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    If Thunderbirds had ever featured a guitar it would be this.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Gassage said:
    If Thunderbirds had ever featured a guitar it would be this.
    Very close  ;)

THE THUNDERBIRDS band - Music Finder
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    Ah, I remember these. Cool looking things. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    BillDL said:
    and the slightly retro two-tone with soft creamy coloured front soften what may otherwise be a stark and sterile look.  
    It will have been very white when new.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2008
    I've always liked these. Very cool looking guitar 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Very buckethead before Buckethead.
    Love me a HarrySeven ngd
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Nice! I came within a whisker of buying one of bass versions of this range a few years ago, but bottled it and stuck with something a bit more traditional.