Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    When H7 posts a NGD I haven't got a clue as to what it might be - He can easy go from a total wierdo write off to fantasy wonderland - You know it will be different - If I look at the first pic, the only give away as to it having the Yamaha name on it was the RGX stencil - I somehow think if H7 was to make a form of come back in a TV series it would be Steptoe
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 1583
    You’ve done wonders with that Elson
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 1979
    Ohhh interesting! What makes these the "air" guitars? Is it hollow? I remember seeing them advertised as a teenager but never understood what was different about them.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Cool looking guitar, still has the original tuners too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 178
    I honestly love the look of that Harry.  Never seen one before either
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 291
    Looks good, As we all know Yamaha can make some exceptional instruments if they so wish. 

What’s this one like?. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    edited October 2023
    timmypix said:
    Ohhh interesting! What makes these the "air" guitars? Is it hollow? I remember seeing them advertised as a teenager but never understood what was different about them.
    It's a very light weight core wood like balsa, with a 2mm hard wood veneer front and back.   The bridge it bolted through the body to connect the 2 hardwood plates.  They say this is for the resonance, but really it's because bridge screws would tear straight out of balsa

I quite like the concept, and the guitars are okay too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    I recall Bridgehouse doing a thread about modifying a bass model from the same series.

Hopefully, the pickups are DiMarzio DLX types. If not, the guitar is a prime candidate for Oil City P90-sized Blackbird humbuckers.
    Be seeing you.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    I've always liked these!
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 733
    I've been intrigued by these since they came out. I've always had a thing for Yamaha guitars.

I'd love to hear what the playing experience and sounds are like. The weight of these guitars was always an attractive factor for me.

Nice acquisition.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650
    Insanely light, very playable. The gearing on the tuners is cool, very subtle. The LED knobs are a bit gimmicky, but go with the aesthetic. I’ve almost acquired one a few times, but I’m really pleased I’ve finally taken the plunge.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• RichACRichAC Frets: 595
    I’ve always liked those. I think that might be one of favourite headstock designs ever.
  • When H7 posts a NGD I haven't got a clue as to what it might be - He can easy go from a total wierdo write off to fantasy wonderland
    And also, if there are multiple imgur links, it's 50/50 as to whether it will be multiple images of one new guitar, or one image each of a bootful of new guitars :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• When H7 posts a NGD I haven't got a clue as to what it might be - He can easy go from a total wierdo write off to fantasy wonderland
    And also, if there are multiple imgur links, it's 50/50 as to whether it will be multiple images of one new guitar, or one image each of a bootful of new guitars :)
    I think H7 deserves a medal for mastering imgur uploads alone!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

I think H7 deserves a medal for mastering imgur uploads alone!

Oi! I’m not a *total* Luddite! :D

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Are you Lobby Lud? If so, I claim my ten Pounds.
    Be seeing you.

• I think H7 deserves a medal for mastering imgur uploads alone!

When it comes to imgur on my phone,I am!
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Always liked the look those but never saw one out in the wild. They did a black one too but the white one looks best.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1652
    Nice one always liked the styling on these something a little different
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    That is odd but cool

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    Wow! Thats nice!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Love these! It seems that as fsr as H7 is concerned, nobody expects a Yamish acquisition. ;)
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Love it!
  • Were these an early incantation of a Pacifica? Or did the Pacifica run alongside them? I just get the Pacifica vibe,minus the headstock. Or is there little evidence it is an actual Yamaha and it's a Chimaha or Yamachi or something?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I like these. I think @TimmyO might have had one. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    edited October 2023
    The price of these has jumped a bit in the last few years. Not unusual I know.

Edit: I'm talking out of my rear it seems. Also not unusual. Carry on.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Sporky said:
    I like these. I think @TimmyO might have had one. 
    I never did but you're right I REEEEEALLY wanted one 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    edited October 2023
    I've never seen one of those, and I love the aesthetics.  It's very clinical and "architectural" in some ways with those lines, the concentric rings around the "console" style knobs, the clean metallic "medical equipment" appearance of the bridge, and the industrial style barrel tuner buttons, but aspects like the countersunk tuner washers, the P90-ish shaped pickups, and the slightly retro two-tone with soft creamy coloured front soften what may otherwise be a stark and sterile look.  I can see some of these aesthetics that have been carried forward into the Revstar range even though they might not be immediately obvious.

I want one.