Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I had the weirdest dream last night - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I had the weirdest dream last night

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I often have dreams not about, but featuring, my dad or my stepmother, or the little dog we had when we were kids.  Not so much my mum, because she died so long ago I suppose, but my dad crops up a lot.  Sometimes he's old, usually he's middle-aged - my dad was perpetually middle-aged between the ages of about 35 and 80, he only suddenly declined and seemed old right at the end. 

I even had a dream the other night which featured my paternal grandfather and my maternal grandmother - I don't think I'd recast them as a couple or anything weird, they were just there.  Again, they both outlived their respective spouses so maybe I just remember them better.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    edited October 2023
    boogieman said:
    I have weird dreams most nights. The weirdest thing is* I can remember a lot of the details when I wake up.

*this is according to my wife who reckons hardly anyone remembers their dreams. I’ll have to tell her it’s obviously a guitarist thing. 

This is my long term experience. Hyper realistic dreams that I'm aware of being present within, can partially wake from & then drop back into the narrative & recall large parts of after waking. No drugs are involved, unless long term legacy use counts?
    I consider this normal, sorry about you poor Betas through Epsilons 
    Me too.

A recurring theme is me in a room (of sorts) with something outside trying to get in to kill me.  At which point mrs rlw wakes me up because I have been doing blood curdling screams.  This, or something like it, happens at least weekly and, frequently, more often.

Although on Thursday night the dream centred on a new boss who was evil so I had to kill him but I only got as far as getting him into a wheelchair.  He got me back by making my bed curl up and try to squeeze me to death.  At which point mrsrlw woke me up screaming.

I used to have, and not that long ago, very vivid dreams about women and sex and sometimes when I woke up I felt the need to check to make sure it had only been a dream....  these dreams were a lot more fun but waking up was disappointing.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter