Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I had the weirdest dream last night - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I had the weirdest dream last night

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
I seem to get weird dreams if I am too hot at night. As the temperature has dropped I have gone from my usual summer single sheet over to my one tog quilt. This always takes some getting used to!

Anyway, my dream last night. I am currently building a guitar and I can just tell the it will be my new number one. In my dream last night I decided that I would no longer need my other hand built guitars, so I decided to eat them!?!? Well, that is weird for one thing, but the actual guitars had shrunk to about 10 inches long. So I scoffed one, then I picked up my number one guitar - a light blue strat. I took a big bite out of the back, but then I suddenly though why don't I just keep my old guitars? so I took the piece out of my mouth and tried putting it back on. The body was this weird, thick spongy stuff and I was thinking of using pins to reattach the bit. I was disappointed that it looked so obviously repaired, then I woke up. 

Analyse that!

Anyone else had a real weird dream recently?

4reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    " I had a dream last night. Dreamt I was awake. Woke up and I was. "

Tommy Cooper
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I always have vivid dreams. The only part I can remember of last night's dreams was someone handing me a sheep.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisus said:
    I seem to get weird dreams if I am too hot at night. As the temperature has dropped I have gone from my usual summer single sheet over to my one tog quilt. This always takes some getting used to!

Anyway, my dream last night. I am currently building a guitar and I can just tell the it will be my new number one. In my dream last night I decided that I would no longer need my other hand built guitars, so I decided to eat them!?!? Well, that is weird for one thing, but the actual guitars had shrunk to about 10 inches long. So I scoffed one, then I picked up my number one guitar - a light blue strat. I took a big bite out of the back, but then I suddenly though why don't I just keep my old guitars? so I took the piece out of my mouth and tried putting it back on. The body was this weird, thick spongy stuff and I was thinking of using pins to reattach the bit. I was disappointed that it looked so obviously repaired, then I woke up. 

Analyse that!

Anyone else had a real weird dream recently?

Did you have sticky sheets? Asking for a friend I use to have dreams about Sam Fox ! but thats another story
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Maybe you'd been thinking about cakes:

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    edited October 2023
    Was reading an article recently that says neuroscientists now think dreaming is part of the process for classifying and sorting your memories into more accessible / more efficient storage. The thinking is the brain runs through the recent experiences, to see if there's any linkage to other stuff already stored there - make it easier to sort and recall things later.

Fkt if I know how snacking on tiny edible guitars fits into that though Axisus  
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    edited October 2023
    My immediate thoughts:

They were 10 inches because we men think of these things as our babies.

Or penis extensions.  But I’m not getting that vibe here.

Then you cannibalized them.  In anticipation of your new #1, you had turned the others into shit in your mind, which is what they’d be after eating them.

But then you also anticipated your own regrets about the loss of your own babies, thus tried to make your chewed baby part blend back in like it never happened.  But our babies are never left unscathed when we treat them like this.
  • I really did not know whether to wow or lol........
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    Puts a whole new meaning on g-eat-ar!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    I dreamt I was eating a giant marshmallow last night and when I woke up……

my pillow was gone! :astonished: 
    I play at my dining room table.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    I had some of the weirdest dreams last night in fact ;
    I was on a big but very old boat fishing with my late brother using fishing rods and catching Walrus with them .We caught lots but when we got them in the boat they spoke to us in French !!!!They were friendly but angry about being caught and begged not to be killed so we agreed and put them back and each time we put another one back in the water the sea changed colour until it was completely bright green.
    My brother said that was the best time to catch eels but he wasn't staying on the boat ;we were in the middle of nowhere but he said the sea was very shallow so he got off and the water only came up to his ankles .......and he caught loads of big eels.

About 6 months ago I had a terrible dream ;I dreamt I was in a mortuary looking at my own dead body and was my to watch my own autopsy .....I woke up crying !
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    Dominic said:

About 6 months ago I had a terrible dream ;I dreamt I was in a mortuary looking at my own dead body and was my to watch my own autopsy .....I woke up crying !
    Jesus, that must've been bloody terrifying!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    It was .......I had to watch them saw the top of my cranium off ...........the terrifying bit was that it was an empty shell !
    seriously , it was an horrific dream
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

I remember waking up from a dream and then fairly quickly waking up in reality, which was weird.

I have loads of weird dreams, which are nearly always entertaining to wake from.

Very few romantic or sex dreams, sadly.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Sassafras said:
    Maybe you'd been thinking about cake
    That is the unavoidable consequence of following YouTube "personality" KT Franklin.
    Be seeing you.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    I've had this repeating dream for decades... where I have the ability to levitate if I concentrate - even 'fly' for short distances (well, 'move around whist hovering' would be more accurate).  Doing it drains my energy so I can only do it for a short time and sometimes I can't really get off the floor if I'm tired.

This dream is so realistic and has been happening for so long that I realised yesterday that my subconscious has filled it under "things I can actually do", if that makes any sense!  We were talking about dreams in the office and as I was telling my colleagues about the levitation dream, part of my head interrupted my flow with "Hang on....   you mean we can't do that then ?!".

It was the weirdest moment!  I'm in mid-flow and suddenly my brain starts arguing with itself, "don't be stupid! - of course you can't bloody levitate!".

Quite a surreal moment!
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    Emp_Fab said:
    I've had this repeating dream for decades... where I have the ability to levitate if I concentrate - even 'fly' for short distances (well, 'move around whist hovering' would be more accurate).  Doing it drains my energy so I can only do it for a short time and sometimes I can't really get off the floor if I'm tired.

This dream is so realistic and has been happening for so long that I realised yesterday that my subconscious has filled it under "things I can actually do", if that makes any sense!  We were talking about dreams in the office and as I was telling my colleagues about the levitation dream, part of my head interrupted my flow with "Hang on....   you mean we can't do that then ?!".

It was the weirdest moment!  I'm in mid-flow and suddenly my brain starts arguing with itself, "don't be stupid! - of course you can't bloody levitate!".

Quite a surreal moment!

I have similar 'flying/levitating' dreams. Although it's more akin to swimming in the air. I jump up and use a doggy paddle/breast stroke to stay aloft and move around. It's physically tiring and I can't stay up (stop sniggering at the back) for very long.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Emp_Fab said:

Quite a surreal moment!

You are the cause of a lot of levity.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    I have weird dreams most nights. The weirdest thing is* I can remember a lot of the details when I wake up.

*this is according to my wife who reckons hardly anyone remembers their dreams. I’ll have to tell her it’s obviously a guitarist thing.  =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    boogieman said:
    I have weird dreams most nights. The weirdest thing is* I can remember a lot of the details when I wake up.

*this is according to my wife who reckons hardly anyone remembers their dreams. I’ll have to tell her it’s obviously a guitarist thing.  =)

This is my long term experience. Hyper realistic dreams that I'm aware of being present within, can partially wake from & then drop back into the narrative & recall large parts of after waking. No drugs are involved, unless long term legacy use counts?
    I consider this normal, sorry about you poor Betas through Epsilons  ;)
  • Emp_Fab said:

Quite a surreal moment!
    I have similar , sometimes I have trouble getting height . Another one I have is where I can slide along the pavement for long distance in my shoes or go down hills real fast squatting or sitting 
  • I had a weird one night before last,
    basically all it was about was me and my pet labrador being chased by two big angry moose with bloody huge antlers.
    I couldnt get rid of the fucking things.
    Very odd.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I often remember my dreams when I first wake up, but only some stick in my memory whilst others are forgotten within minutes.

My dreams are hardly ever really weird or nightmarish, no monsters or giant animals or near-death experiences.  They just tend to be distorted versions of everyday situations.  The most common theme is being lost... I'll be in a building and take the wrong staircase, or turn down the wrong street and not be able to find my way... quite often there's a sense of deja vu, "oh no, it's that street I always get lost on".

More recently I've been fairly stressed at work, and now my dreams are often in some kind of office setting (sometimes combining the getting-lost elements).  Various unlikely combinations of family members, friends and colleagues, deceased pets etc are usually there.  But again, it generally feels pretty normal, not distressing.

The nearest thing I have to nightmares are dreams in which my legs feel extremely heavy... I'm trying to walk somewhere but I can barely lift my feet off the ground.  Sometimes I have to resort to actually crawling along and I'm desperately thinking "oh god, I hope nobody notices".  But I haven't had one of those dreams for a while.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Emp_Fab said:

Quite a surreal moment!
    I have similar , sometimes I have trouble getting height . Another one I have is where I can slide along the pavement for long distance in my shoes or go down hills real fast squatting or sitting 
    Ooh...  this floating/flying thing appears to be quite common.  I wonder what it means?  What are we missing in our lives that these dreams fulfill ? (Presuming of course it's not just the ability to fly down the street!).
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Anyone else get that weird dream where they can play guitar rather well?

No...?

Just me then.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    axisus said:

In my dream last night I decided that I would no longer need my other hand built guitars, so I decided to eat them!?!? Well, that is weird for one thing, but the actual guitars had shrunk to about 10 inches long. So I scoffed one, then I picked up my number one guitar - a light blue strat. I took a big bite out of the back,

Have you had a look at them this morning - just in case?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Years ago a mate told us about his flying dreams. Another friend was envious and a few weeks later proudly said he'd now had a   flying dream. A few months later I had a few so I reckon it's catching!

As for Dominic's green walruses - the walruses are the green people he disagrees with.. they talk nonsense in French "merde, zut alors, la Ulez c'est bonne " and he throws them overboard where they colour the sea green. The boat's really a powerboat that can also hover so it borrowed some eels from the Monty Python sketch.
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Quite a surreal moment!
    Ooh...  this floating/flying thing appears to be quite common.  I wonder what it means?  What are we missing in our lives that these dreams fulfill ? (Presuming of course it's not just the ability to fly down the street!).
    I used to have a dream where I was going down a staircase - one of those office block/hospital type staircases where it's like a "square spiral" in a concrete tube - and for each separate flight of stairs I would just grab the banisters on both sides and go straight from top to bottom without touching the steps, then on to the next flight, really fast.  It wasn't flying but it was sort of gliding....  And as Emp said, I got to the point where I half-believed it was something I could do in real life.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    edited October 2023
    Here's a dream I've had on several occasions and I've woken up sweating and shaking each time.

I'm in a hot air balloon flying over some cornfields in my home county of Norfolk.  It's a beautiful summer's day, late afternoon, and the sun is still fairly high in the sky.  All of a sudden the balloon starts losing altitude and to my horror, it starts to come down in a housing estate.  I'm heading for a small front garden where two children are playing, and in Wizard Of Oz style the basket lands on top of the children, killing them.  Being the fine upstanding citizen I am and wishing to do the right thing, I leg it :-)

I'm walking down a country lane heading for Norwich, and the sun is getting low in the sky.  All of a sudden it does that Evil Dead thing and gets very big, very orange and starts to set unusually quickly.  Suddenly I can see the corn parting on one side of the road behind me and I know something bad is coming.  I start to walk faster and then jog, but as I look at the horizon and outlines of buildings ahead of me they start to recede into the distance the faster I go.  I stop and turn around again.  Finally I can see what is parting the corn.  It's the two dead children, their eyes are glowing red and they have mouths full of sharp, jagged teeth.  Panic sets in and I start to run, but to no avail...

It's the most vivid dream I've ever had both in terms of the detail and my ability to recall it with such clarity.  And it scared the shit out of me.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ^^  @Offset that's a proper dream. I've never had anything remotely like that.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    ^^ I've never had anything as vivid or memorable since then, but I do dream of my long-departed parents with surprising regularity.  I woke up on one occasion convinced Dad was still alive.