Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What's your dream outcome from playing and learning guitar? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What's your dream outcome from playing and learning guitar?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I JUST WANT TO PARTY ALL THE TIME PARTY ALL THE TIME PARTY ALL THE TIME. 
    Like the eddie Murphy song ,I like that it’s a good song. I think it’s my girl though 
    You’re absolutely correct, but it would have made even less sense given the question. 
    I know I wasn’t being picky ,I’m glad you mentioned it though. Happy times back then 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sporky said:
    My dream outcome is that my playing finally summons some sort of Elder God to crush this universe into the void. 
    Well Emp Fab did magically appear 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Something to distract me from masturbation...hang on. What am I saying? :o
    "I've got the moobs like Jabba".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    edited October 2023
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    I want the main side effect of mastering the instrument. 

But what's that?

Well, look at it this way. I'm improving every month. If I can keep on improving at this rate, I really will master the instrument and be a damn good player.

(The side effect is this: by the time it happens, I'll be 170 years old, which all things considered wouldn't be a bad innings.)
  • I picked up the guitar to learn the solo out of don't speak by No Doubt. Learnt it, peaked and fucked about the last 20 years not improving really...
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2493
    That I can still slide from the 2nd to the 4th on the G string, while letting the D note ring out on the B string, through a chewie, dirty, bluesy amp when I am 80 years old :)
    @lovestrat74 ;
    Eh?! How on earth are you fretting that?!
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    To be able to play wheels on the bus 
    Ah but in what style?! 

I vote for nordic black metal
  • Neilybob said:
    Ah but in what style?! 

Lots of people on here think Celtic Frost is something that stops football matches at Parkhead stadium 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Neilybob said:
    Ah but in what style?! 

Lots of people on here think Celtic Frost is something that stops football matches at Parkhead stadium 
    Nahh. Celtic Frost is one of those designer colours you can order your Toyota in. Eny fule kno that.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    To become irresistible to women. Hasn't worked so far, maybe I need a new guitar?
    I want to become irresistible to guitar dealers
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2493
    Can you still be Nordic if you're from Swizzerland?
  • I just wanna be a big rockstar
    And live in hilltop houses, driving 15 cars
    The girls come easy, and the drugs come cheap
    We'll all stay skinny, 'cause we just won't eat
    And we'll hang out in the coolest bars
    In the V.I.P. with the movie stars
    Every good gold digger's gonna wind up there
    Every Playboy Bunny with her bleached blond hair and, well
    I wanna be a rockstar
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • This question reminds me of when my mom text me saying simply, "What do you want from life?". It took me by surprise to be asked such a straight forward but difficult question, I spent ages thinking about it and sent a heartfelt reply.
    Only for her to text back with "Oh Ok, sorry I meant Lidl"
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KevSKevS Frets: 309
    That would be an Ecumenical Matter..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DLM said:
    That I can still slide from the 2nd to the 4th on the G string, while letting the D note ring out on the B string, through a chewie, dirty, bluesy amp when I am 80 years old :)
    @lovestrat74 ;
    Maybe I did not do a good job of explaining myself @DLM ;

Just this... 

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    This question reminds me of when my mom text me saying simply, "What do you want from life?". It took me by surprise to be asked such a straight forward but difficult question, I spent ages thinking about it and sent a heartfelt reply.
    Only for her to text back with "Oh Ok, sorry I meant Lidl"
    :lol:  

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Quip from a guitar playing acquaintance:

”When I was a kid I said to my mum I wanna be a guitarist when I grow up”.

She said, “Choose carefully ‘cos you can’t do both”. 
    "I've got the moobs like Jabba".
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Open_GOpen_G Frets: 135
    I’d like to feel like I understand how to control or get certain sounds out of the instrument. Electric guitar particularly. There are people out there who seem to  hear something and then to go home and dial in a very good approximation of that sound. Pickups, tones, eq, effects. I’m bumbling around in the dark 99% of the time. 

Still not sure what the hell “out of phase” means and whatever I play, the sound is an amateur approximation of what I’m trying to play. 

My Mrs once asked me whether I can play the money for nothing opening riff. Now I can, it’s not the most complex riff in the world although I’ve seen it played in a variety of ways.  I also have a decent idea of how MK got that sound. But when I played it to her she laughed and told me that it was nothing like the riff, not because I got the notes wrong but I just sounded like me. Not anything like MK. That’s what I’d like to be able to do. Set up sounds properly to not just sound like me. Cos that’s really all I can do- play like me!
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1470
    No outcome or end result. I enjoy the process . I Will play for as long as i am able to. Its Just a fantastic thing to do, to keep learning ,playing, getting fed up, starting again, etc. no matter how many times i think....erm whats the point? I find myself playing again with even more enthusiasm.. it keeps ye young..just don't look in the mirror.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’m still proving Bert  Weedon’s 1960s Play In A Day Book wrong. :#
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 291
    That dream sailed away long ago, although the A&R promised otherwise. 
  • Tannin said:
    Neilybob said:
    Ah but in what style?! 

Nahh. Celtic Frost is one of those designer colours you can order your Toyota in. Eny fule kno that.
    Omg yes  or indeed a color offered by fender lol 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 733
    Free drugs. 
    And prostitutes; don't forget the prostitutes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    BigPaulie said:
    Free drugs. 
    They're not prostitutes unless money changes hands
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    DLM said:
    @lovestrat74 ;
    Maybe I did not do a good job of explaining myself @DLM ;

Just this... 

Ah, G-string slide - we're back to the groupies, aren't we?
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    To be in a band playing live.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • inewhaminewham Frets: 103
    There's no dream, I enjoy the journey not the destination. Same with my other hobbies.
  • I don't know but it's probably too late to back out of it now so I'll just have to make the best of it. 
  • roberty said:
    BigPaulie said:
    Free drugs. 
    They're not prostitutes unless money changes hands
    Save that one for the judge!