Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What's your dream outcome from playing and learning guitar? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What's your dream outcome from playing and learning guitar?

What's Hot
dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
edited October 2023 in Guitar
Hi

Please answer here.https://forms.gle/dD54AmVDjSb8dfBd7

I normally ask this question to all my guitar students but I thought it would helpful to know some experienced players and beginners on here what they would dream.

I have put this in a google form. https://forms.gle/dD54AmVDjSb8dfBd7

Please this is the 1st draft happy to make changes.

Anything you would change (questions or answers?)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    To become irresistible to women. Hasn't worked so far, maybe I need a new guitar?
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    To die of sexual exhaustion in bed with a coterie of groupies. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    Free drugs. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    So I can stop.installing these microwave ovens, and these colour tvs.

Although there's not that much to it if I'm honest; literally just plug them in and job's done!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 549
    "To win friends and influence people", actually the honest answer is to be able to play something that is recognizable to others as music something which still eludes me :0(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    @dean111music ;

More seriously, and I hope you took the flippant remarks in the spirit they were intended :) , this sentence: 

What obstacles are stopping you from reaching these goals. (Please write  your answer 1 - 5 related to your answer from previous question)”

Could be better worded, especially the part in brackets. I “think” I know what you meant but I might be more  likely to reply if it were better worded. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hi

Please answer here. https://forms.gle/X9nP8x2J8UaNmSzL6

I normally ask this question to all my guitar students but I thought it would helpful to know some experienced players and beginners on here what they would dream.

I have put this in a google form. https://forms.gle/X9nP8x2J8UaNmSzL6

I think only allowing one answer for the first question is a bit limiting as there are crossover answers,or multiple options.In my humble view.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I JUST WANT TO PARTY ALL THE TIME PARTY ALL THE TIME PARTY ALL THE TIME. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’d quite like to be able to play the bloody thing…

• That I can still slide from the 2nd to the 4th on the G string, while letting the D note ring out on the B string, through a chewie, dirty, bluesy amp when I am 80 years old :)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I would like to spend as much time as possible around music and musicians, and playing/recording/composing/producing to earn a living. Not teaching - I don't think I'd make a good teacher :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'd like to both be able to play in a cover band and also be able to teach. I will likely never reach either but the word 'dream' was used.
  • drofluf said:
    @dean111music ;

More seriously, and I hope you took the flippant remarks in the spirit they were intended :) , this sentence: 

“ What obstacles are stopping you from reaching these goals. (Please write  your answer 1 - 5 related to your answer from previous question)”

Could be better worded, especially the part in brackets. I “think” I know what you meant but I might be more  likely to reply if it were better worded. 
    done. just made simpler https://forms.gle/dD54AmVDjSb8dfBd7
  • Hi

Please answer here. https://forms.gle/X9nP8x2J8UaNmSzL6

I have put this in a google form. https://forms.gle/X9nP8x2J8UaNmSzL6

I think only allowing one answer for the first question is a bit limiting as there are crossover answers,or multiple options.In my humble view.
    i have changed this now https://forms.gle/dD54AmVDjSb8dfBd7
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    I started to play guitar back in 1972 to impress a girl who lived down the road ... this transformed into I want to get laid, stoned off my tits, deafened, shit faced and generally have a blast while not having to do a 'proper job'. 
    To quote the immortal Eddie Cochran: 
    'it all comes true, man ...
    Wow, that's somethin' else!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I JUST WANT TO PARTY ALL THE TIME PARTY ALL THE TIME PARTY ALL THE TIME. 
    Andrew WK? Is that you? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    edited October 2023
    Sporky said:
    Andrew WK? Is that you? 
    Biff him in the face, just to be on the safe side.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 2910
    edited October 2023
    drofluf said:
    Raise your coterie to a magnitude
    Ps @dean111music link couldn’t connect to a secure server 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3097
    tFB Trader
    To be able to play wheels on the bus 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    edited October 2023
    Like the eddie Murphy song ,I like that it’s a good song. I think it’s my girl though 
  • Done

Technique & lethargy due to illness are my main bugbears  people say speed doesn’t matter 
       But it does if you require it to make real the stuff you hear in your head . The lethargy is the real killer though. 
  • I JUST WANT TO PARTY ALL THE TIME PARTY ALL THE TIME PARTY ALL THE TIME. 
    Like the eddie Murphy song ,I like that it’s a good song. I think it’s my girl though 
    You’re absolutely correct, but it would have made even less sense given the question. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    I'd like to be happier when I put the guitar down than I was when I picked it up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • drofluf said:
    Raise your coterie to a magnitude
    Ps @dean111music link couldn’t connect to a secure server 
    anyone else had this? Seems to be working my end?
  • To get all the chicks and make money.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    My dream outcome is that my playing finally summons some sort of Elder God to crush this universe into the void. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    My dream is to be able to sleep deeply enough to have any dreams.
    Be seeing you.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited October 2023
    So just to flip the tables here, what is the purpose of this never ending questionnaire enterprise? Collect all the answers from everyone globally and then what? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • So just to flip the tables here, what is the purpose of this never ending questionnaire enterprise? Collect all the answers from everyone globally and then what? 
    I'm a guitar teacher/youtube creator looking at how to make better content towards  common issues/goals people have. So any feedback is welcome. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Funnily enough, as I was reading this I was listening to Nothing Comes Easy by Moxy.  The chorus goes:

Nothing comes easy
    Playing rock and roll
    If want to be a star
    You got a long way to go