Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). We've had relic guitars, how about relic cars? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

We've had relic guitars, how about relic cars?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 9764

There you go @Dominic ;

Think you was right about the mirrors. Still kept a little of the red in there though 
    :) 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ - does this mean you don't need to clean it - either at all, or as often 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ - does this mean you don't need to clean it - either at all, or as often 

Yep, that's pretty much the idea. Definitely a waste of time trying to polish it :)

• Not seen it on a 'newish' car - But common on many 'barn find restorations' whereby they put a new clear coat over an original 'aged finish' - More common in the USA - See it quite a bit on car show restoration programmes 

See less of it now but I hate that 'satin/matt' finish on many expensive cars - Looks common on 'footballers' cars
    It looks great on Ford f100 or Chevy trucks etc 
  • Man you’ve done a super job I really like it  I wouldn’t be surprised if on finding out you did it yourself some people may ask you if you could do theirs.  It’s really unique as like said on here you usually see it on old trucks ,rat rods ,bikes etc .

Man you’ve done a super job I really like it  I wouldn’t be surprised if on finding out you did it yourself some people may ask you if you could do theirs.  It’s really unique as like said on here you usually see it on old trucks ,rat rods ,bikes etc .

Thanks mate, would love to have a go at doing another car but I don't think there would be too much of a call for it from other people. Most people are too obsessed with driving round in sparkly brand new cars nowadays.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    What is this 'clean it' thing of which you speak?
    If I can see out of the windows & the lights & number plates are clear, then the job's a good 'un.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Ooh, hark at you and your clean windows! 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    Ooh, hark at you and your clean windows! 
    Who said they were clean  B)
  • Man you’ve done a super job I really like it  I wouldn’t be surprised if on finding out you did it yourself some people may ask you if you could do theirs.  It’s really unique as like said on here you usually see it on old trucks ,rat rods ,bikes etc .

Thanks mate, would love to have a go at doing another car but I don't think there would be too much of a call for it from other people. Most people are too obsessed with driving round in sparkly brand new cars nowadays.

I don’t know I’m sure there are plenty of people who would like it , all those steampunk people for instance , you could do a good military government style too by adding a few stencilled serial numbers  , letters etc  airplane , helicopter tank etc   Department of defence. Stencil  etc 
    edited October 2023
    Man you’ve done a super job I really like it  I wouldn’t be surprised if on finding out you did it yourself some people may ask you if you could do theirs.  It’s really unique as like said on here you usually see it on old trucks ,rat rods ,bikes etc .

I don’t know I’m sure there are plenty of people who would like it , all those steampunk people for instance , you could do a good military government style too by adding a few stencilled serial numbers  , letters etc  airplane , helicopter tank etc   Department of defence. Stencil  etc 
    Bet you'd like a Schecter Aviation series 

Schecter Aviator Series P-51 Ultra USA-AF Electric Guitar With Gigbag
    edited October 2023

/\ That's actually pretty cool @Kittyfrisk ;;

I did think about doing some shark teeth like they had on P-40 fighter planes in the second world war @hollywoodrox ;but thought it would be a bit overkill.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ^ Do a search on 'schecter aviation collection' but I don't think they they did the Kittyhawk  :)
  • For the full guitar parallel you'd have to fit crossply tyres and drum brakes.... ;)

Bet you'd like a Schecter Aviation series 

Schecter Aviator Series P-51 Ultra USA-AF Electric Guitar With Gigbag
    It’s good but it doesn’t meet my superstrat shape criteria 
    The ESP kamikaze is more up my street 

• /\ That's actually pretty cool @Kittyfrisk ;;

I did think about doing some shark teeth like they had on P-40 fighter planes in the second world war @hollywoodrox ;but thought it would be a bit overkill.

They would look good  but would have to be a bit worn and reliced like the rest too .
    here’s a crown Vic 

I was thinking more along the lines of this second one but less obvious without the star 
      Probably something like some shadowy government agency . Dept of Defense special investigations . Dept of the air force advanced projects .  Dept naval intelligence . You could substitute it if you wanted with MOD office of special projects . You could make up a small shield as a decal for any of these and have it under the clear coat . An Area 51 one would be good 
    Or a GCHQ etc 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    axisus said:
    Patina hot rods have been on the go for a while now. If you can get the right mixture of colours/layers then it can look very cool.

It's my aim, once my mortgage is paid off, to get an old school hot rod, preferably a 32 Ford like this one.

I've been watching the racing that the Vintage Hot Rod Association do at Pendine Sands as I've loved that era of hot rods since being a kid. Used to buy all the magazines and dream of owning one one day. 

Ahhhh ..... that looks amazing! I would love that, but I'd worry too much about it being nicked.
    I use to like watching Gas Monkey Garage, especially when Kaufman was part of the crew and loved such projects - And their ability to rebuild total wrecks etc 
    when my oldest son lived at home he would rinse through all those American Car modding series, so I have seen a lot of them through sitting in the same room! entertaining stuff!
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    They would look good  but would have to be a bit worn and reliced like the rest too .
    here’s a crown Vic 

I was thinking more along the lines of this second one but less obvious without the star 
      Probably something like some shadowy government agency . Dept of Defense special investigations . Dept of the air force advanced projects .  Dept naval intelligence . You could substitute it if you wanted with MOD office of special projects . You could make up a small shield as a decal for any of these and have it under the clear coat . An Area 51 one would be good 
    Or a GCHQ etc 
    Hell - just about any Crown Vic. with a set of proper fkoff nudge-bars on the front would work on the intimidation front ..

Who's going to argue with you in something like that :)
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Ann Summers have taken inspiration from Fender and now sell a range of reliced dildos and vibrators. Much nicer than buying them second hand. 
  • I love this, good job!