Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Physical Media... like tears in rain? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Physical Media... like tears in rain?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    ICBM said:

Oh yes - I recall - the record companies challenged it in court, removing any last lingering respect for copyright law!
    It’s one of the most stupid legal decisions ever, because it effectively makes full illegality (downloading without ever having owned an original) equal to ‘technical’ illegality (ripping when you do own the CD) and hence removes any lingering incentive to buy the physical product, at least for that reason… since neither will ever be prosecuted under normal circumstances.
    The major labels are among the most objectionable shower of cnuts outside the Tory party.

The reality is they love streaming because it's consistent income you can bank on, rather than anything related to helping artists.  They have used it as another method to screw them over, with penny in the pound digital deals etc.

The sooner artists (and I exclude people who put their songs up and just expect a living from this) understand the new industry, and focus on their "1000 true fans" the better.

I'll be there waiting to buy the ones I love's stuff from their websites - I'll always make room for that physical media!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Started my big clearout - two bags of Blu Rays and CDs in the charity bin already!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Started my big clearout - two bags of Blu Rays and CDs in the charity bin already!
    Gosh!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Started my big clearout - two bags of Blu Rays and CDs in the charity bin already!
    Gosh!
    Well I thought I should tell someone! :lol:

Mrs Ed seems pleased!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I'm glad you included the word charity there.  Although it'll be interesting to see if they take them or not (or do charities take absolutely anything?)
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm glad you included the word charity there.  Although it'll be interesting to see if they take them or not (or do charities take absolutely anything?)
    The local fire station has a charity bin for the Firefighter's Charity that specifically takes CDs, DVDs, Blu Rays and Books.  They get most of my cleared out stuff - can't argue with looking after injured Firefighters!