Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Do Hot Girls Like Chords? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Do Hot Girls Like Chords?

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
Knower. 
Stretching our musical synapses once again.
Give your brain a workout.  :)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1206
    Check out Clown Core too.  Another Louis Cole project.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Superb
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    edited October 2023
    Love it.  Her voice is perfect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I quite liked that.

Proof (not that it was needed) that you can be really good at your instrument and use quite a lot of notes and still have music come out.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Managed 28 seconds.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I didn't like anything except the bass.
  • goldtop said:
    Managed 28 seconds.
    40 for me. 
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    She's quite cute and the drummer is good. That's it.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13679
    edited October 2023
    25s and out...

• swillerswiller Frets: 662
    They rock and she is super cool.
    In this one... Bass player looks like he is yearning for a turd . Bet he knows SQL in an advanced way and moans at users all the time.

Dont worry, be silly.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    I liked that.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    I liked the first one enough to listen to the second...and..... it's good!

Sense of humour goes a long way - the song has hooks, catchy riff, fun lyrics  and the found footage vibe of the video won me over. It's certainly one way to parley some comlpicated instrumentalist skills into actual music.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    I'm a fan of pretty much everything Louis Cole touches
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Ha - that's very good - like Black Box Recorder on speed.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    roberty said:
    Same here. I'm a huge fan of Knower. I just love their creativity on a budget..
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    Yes. Usually flared and brown in my experience 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Not for me.  54 seconds.
    If we're doing knower Youtube now:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hot girls like money ,lots & lots of money 
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 549
    I liked that.

• I liked it. Interesting and great musicianship.

It's not a competition.
    roberty said:

I'm not really into a lot of his obvious influences (the 80s electrofunk, LA vibes) but he always has such a groove and good ideas that it's hard not to be carried along by the music. All those muscians are so above my level it's beyond funny.
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    I really like the whole album, Knower Forever.

I’d never heard of them until this, so thank you!
    equalsql said:
    roberty said:
    Same here. I'm a huge fan of Knower. I just love their creativity on a budget..

TEN years ago god I feel old lol
    GoFish said:
    roberty said:

I'm not really into a lot of his obvious influences (the 80s electrofunk, LA vibes) but he always has such a groove and good ideas that it's hard not to be carried along by the music. All those muscians are so above my level it's beyond funny.
    This is recent one of his is good. I also appreciate the low budget DIY vibe @equalsql ;

And Clowncore is just insanely good. The fact that's it's just the two of them and they're playing in a moving car wtf

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    edited October 2023
    I enjoyed all of these, Thanks for posting, I'll d some more digging on youtube  
    edited October 2023
    Mad

Edit: it's a short so you will have to click through
  • Fantastic album. Their solo projects are both great too. Took me longer to get into Genevieve’s stuff but her latest album is really good

Also I love this song, and the video is a simple idea but feels perfect for it.

https://youtu.be/YlpiV5HhAVY?si=fjHRLfniios33SGq

Thanks for all these. I had come across bits before but had never  connected them as being the same people. D'oh.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    edited October 2023
    Louis' musicality always blows me away.
    Just the chords and music on this snippet from Park Your Car Upon My Face is just..amazing.