Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I got another camera - Fuji, new...ish - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I got another camera - Fuji, new...ish

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    JayGee said:
    I still own (and am generally happy with) an X-M1, which is a positive antique. I did recently bang hard up against its limits trying to take wildlife/bird stuff on a cruise though and am currently eyeing the price of used X-T4s keenly…
    Lowest i've seen one of those is £850.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    I am actually still after an X-Pro2.  I love the X-Pro1 but it's so slow, so an updated version would be good and I am not a fan of the flip down screen for the X-Pro3.
    There’s one in the Talkphotography classifieds at the moment. No idea if the price is realistic though? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    boogieman said:
    I am actually still after an X-Pro2.  I love the X-Pro1 but it's so slow, so an updated version would be good and I am not a fan of the flip down screen for the X-Pro3.
    There’s one in the Talkphotography classifieds at the moment. No idea if the price is realistic though? 
    I saw that...it looks a bit bashed up, from the front, top right corner, price is higher than i want to pay for that condition.  He won't get that amount selling it to a store, £500 max....but i am kicking myself missing out a mint, boxed one from LCE last year for £599.

He needs to post more photos too, perhaps I will ask him.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    This is cool. I've been considering getting a Fujifilm body, just because of the size mostly. I have Panasonic cameras for my "pro" shoots but the S pro lenses are just massive, and I do have an X100V for holidays etc (I got lucky and found one at retail late last year!) - would love to get a few 1.4 lenses though and some third-party anamorphic stuff too. The S20 had appealed to me, video capabilities seemed pretty good.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1189
    JayGee said:
    I still own (and am generally happy with) an X-M1, which is a positive antique. I did recently bang hard up against its limits trying to take wildlife/bird stuff on a cruise though and am currently eyeing the price of used X-T4s keenly…
    Yeah, it’s quite a big jump from a T3 - kind of wondering just how big a deal IBIS really is compared to OIS (which both of the lenses I already have for the M1 have, as do the longer zooms I’ve been window shopping…) and how much I’m willing to pay for it…

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    edited October 2023
    JayGee said:
    JayGee said:
    Yeah, it’s quite a big jump from a T3 - kind of wondering just how big a deal IBIS really is compared to OIS (which both of the lenses I already have for the M1 have, as do the longer zooms I’ve been window shopping…) and how much I’m willing to pay for it…

Which is what made me get the X-S10.

X-T3 - £600 ish
    X-S10 - £700 (with a 15-45mm lens), so could in theory bring it closer to £600 for the body if i flog the lens.
    X-T4 - £850

I am only losing mainly dual cards and better EVF.  The important thing is that they have the same sensor, IBIS.  I am not even bothered by the battery since I also have the X-T1 and X-Pro1 so it all shares the same battery.  I know it's not weather sealed but as it's a holiday camera, I am not going to be forced to shoot in extreme weather conditions. 

I have no OIS lenses before i bought this so IBIS is useful in this regard.
    boogieman said:
    I saw that...it looks a bit bashed up, from the front, top right corner, price is higher than i want to pay for that condition.  He won't get that amount selling it to a store, £500 max....but i am kicking myself missing out a mint, boxed one from LCE last year for £599.

He could definitely do better with a few more pics, but it does look quite worn on the corner when you zoom in. My pet hate as well… couldn’t he clean the bloody screen??!! 
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:

He could definitely do better with a few more pics, but it does look quite worn on the corner when you zoom in. My pet hate as well… couldn’t he clean the bloody screen??!! 
    I find it odd/amusing and also frustrating that so call photographers can’t take a nice photo of the gear they are selling.
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:

I find it odd/amusing and also frustrating that so call photographers can’t take a nice photo of the gear they are selling.
    Yup, especially as so many are so notoriously picky about gear. “I can’t possibly buy that, it hasn’t got the original packet of silica gel in the box ! “ 
    edited October 2023
    boogieman said:

Yup, especially as so many are so notoriously picky about gear. “I can’t possibly buy that, it hasn’t got the original packet of silica gel in the box ! “ 
    I demand all For Sale pics to be like this lol  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    boogieman said:

I demand all For Sale pics to be like this lol  

Dark and mysterious? ;)

Definitely makes me want another X-Pro