Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Ugly amps that actually sound good - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Ugly amps that actually sound good

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    edited September 2023
    Apart from hardwood cab Mark series Boogies, are any amps actually ‘pretty’?
    Yes.   

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I guess these must sound pretty decent, but they look like a kitchen appliance from Fritz Lang’s Metropolis (1927).

https://i.imgur.com/nLDSbCZ.jpg

Probably a right fingerprint magnet as well.
    That’s a great description (Fritz lang) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Apart from hardwood cab Mark series Boogies, are any amps actually ‘pretty’?
    Lots, like my Carr Mercury V or an Emery superbaby, or a purple SLO100 stack. But this isn't a thread about pretty amps :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    My wife says she hates them all, they’re all ugly looking boxes, awfully big and disgusting BUT NOT HER CARPETED DRUM MONITOR, that one is sleek and cute and whatnot. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426

I thought that looked great until I saw the shape of the grille clearly, and then it looked borderline ugly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ICBM said:

I thought that looked great until I saw the shape of the grille clearly, and then it looked borderline ugly.
    Nah it’s gorgeous!  :)

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    Yorkie said:
    My wife says she hates them all, they’re all ugly looking boxes, awfully big and disgusting BUT NOT HER CARPETED DRUM MONITOR, that one is sleek and cute and whatnot. 
    Haha, snap! Our living room has a pair of those for her e-drum kit, I've had to put my Marshall 2x12 on its side to hide them.
    :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter