Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sporks - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sporks

What's Hot
Sporks are useful.
However I think I’d prefer Knorks (stop laughing at the back)

A fork with a sharp knife on the edge.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    A sporky is better than a spork though.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sporks are useful.
    However I think I’d prefer Knorks (stop laughing at the back)

A fork with a sharp knife on the edge.
    Isn’t that a cake fork, also don’t those fish forks have a sharpened edge?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    TTony said:
    A sporky is better than a spork though.
    Kiss-ass
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    A nice lady once cut a lump out of my eye-lid with a spife. Or was it a knoon?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Splayds are where it is at, man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Splayd ???  Spoon and a....   layd ?    ???
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Emp_Fab said:
    Splayd ???  Spoon and a....   layd ?    ???
    You pesky kids  ;)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splayd
    Along with fondue sets & sodastreams, these were trés chic in the early 60's :-D
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
  • Philly_Q said:
    Sporky?
    His MusicMan signature model guitar would be an AXIS Super Spork. ;)
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I like spokey dokeys
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Spunks.

Am I playing this game right?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I have splayds! Probably my favourite eating implement. We also have knorks which are good for things with harder crusts, such as a decent pie.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    These are perfect for chips and no washing up:

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I remember my parents had a set of sporks, maybe a wedding gift.  They were never, ever used though, always kept in the box.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Sassafras said:

Yeah, but as soon as the wooden bit touches any part of your mouth, it feels so gross that the rest of the chips are spoiled.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sporky said:
    I have splayds! Probably my favourite eating implement. We also have knorks which are good for things with harder crusts, such as a decent pie.

We all like knorks
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    goldtop said:
    Sassafras said:

Yeah, but as soon as the wooden bit touches any part of your mouth, it feels so gross that the rest of the chips are spoiled.
    Yes, you do have to be careful to avoid all contact.
    We all like knorks
    Especially shiny metal knorks.

I have some other implements but I'm not sure of the name; like a spork with a slightly serrated edge. Not sharp, but you can get through cake and picnic foods more easily with those. 
  • For info - this thought occurred to me last night after jujitsu - I was eating leftover lasagne with a fork.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1572
    edited September 2023
    Trouble with a sharp edge on a fork is the risk of slicing the corner of your mouth opening. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Knorks aren't sharp enough to do that.
  • the_jaffa said:
    Trouble with a sharp edge on a fork is the risk of slicing the corner of your mouth opening. 
    Yeah - no-one wants violent knorks!
  • This thread is the sort of content that makes me stay here.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    goldtop said:
    A nice lady once cut a lump out of my eye-lid with a spife. Or was it a knoon?
    The only manufactured spife I am aware of was developed for eating kiwifruit. 
    And if you ever see one of these for sale:

...keep walking, they're rubbish. They melt at a very low temperature and the tines snap off with very little force. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    I trust my life only to titanium sporks with a serrated fork edge. (Oh, and seatbelts.)

From those nice folks at Light My Fire.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Sporky said:

...keep walking, they're rubbish. They melt at a very low temperature and the tines snap off with very little force. 
    Had ours for years, they are great for picnics, and have the knife bit too
  • Sporky said:

Surely a stainless steel one would be nigh on indestructible though...?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    For info - this thought occurred to me last night after jujitsu - I was eating leftover lasagne with a fork.
    Is there a tenuous relationship in there between martial arts and italian pasta-based food  :)
  • Brio said:
    I trust my life only to titanium sporks with a serrated fork edge. (Oh, and seatbelts.)

From those nice folks at Light My Fire.
    Where might one buy such a thing?