Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Lame customer service... - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Lame customer service...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    Tannin said:
    ^ Still not sure what your point is.
    not seen the film then?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swiller said:
    swiller said:
    language gets right on my hampton these days..

• "What can i get for you today" "Is that all you want for today". Im here now you tw@, not for tomorrow or last fuking week you utter cunt.
    • "Patty" (burgers), its a fucking burger you cunt. Why do i want cow shit with a fuking meal?
    • A white cup of coffee please. "Latte"? NO, A FUCKING WHITE CUP OF COFFEE YOU FUKING MONUMENTAL CUNT!!!!!!! I get them to write it on the cup and say i wont accept a cup with latte or americano written on it. 

The patty is the meat bit. The burger is the whole thing including bread, veg & sauce

You should try asking for either an americano with milk, or filter coffee with milk. “White coffee” isn’t a specific enough term 

You must be under 35 . Yup i get the actual meanings.

I will contest that burgers are the meat/vege equivalent content of what you get served, not the whole bread toppings etc. Without all the crap that comes with it, a burger at a butchers and a supermarket is just a flat disc of meat/vege that does not get served with bread and a slice of cheese and salad, pickles etc. 

On the coffee, is precisely my point that it should be specific enough. Down the whole skinny, mocha/latte/choca?frappucano, cream on top avenue lies extremes such as choosing the teat which the milk was squeezed out from grass eating daisy. Just marketing nonsense to justify £3-5 per cup price tag. Its just coffee and most of us at home serve it to guests as that So why not just have available a cup of coffee and accept that order without asking 100 irrelevant questions.
    I'm pushing 40, but I did 18 months in a coffee shop, and live in a very coffee-centric area in the Middle East. 

Thing is if you just say "white coffee" you might actually want a latte, or a badly-made macchiato, or a flat white, or an americano with milk or a cappuccino, or galao or... They don't know if you don't tell them, and there are too many options to be able to guess. You would be amazed by how often people ask for one thing when they mean another but that doesn't stop them yelling at you as if it's your fault when it's clearly not
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    Is it actually? Do you actually? Did he actually? That's a biggie with the kids I work with.
    I'm less offended by that kind of language. It seems perfectly good English, just a modern use of it. I get a bit "old man" about words being deliberately re-appropriated - recently I heard that "drip" can refer to how someone has chosen to style their attire. e.g. "Nice drip"

My original post was about how some people use language because they think it sounds more formal and professional, but all it really does is sound patronising or unauthentic. My wife has been saying "I was aware of this" when she's telling me some anecdotal thing. Makes her sound like an official Press Officer talking about an important public matter when all she's really saying is that the bin bag split open or something.
    Mine uses words such as 'facilitate', 'engage' and 'support' around the house. Yeah, cheers Roz from HR...

(Uh oh ..tribunal meeting in the kitchen in five. Better rouse the union rep....)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    I'm pushing 40, but I did 18 months in a coffee shop, and live in a very coffee-centric area in the Middle East. 

Thing is if you just say "white coffee" you might actually want a latte, or a badly-made macchiato, or a flat white, or an americano with milk or a cappuccino, or galao or... They don't know if you don't tell them, and there are too many options to be able to guess. You would be amazed by how often people ask for one thing when they mean another but that doesn't stop them yelling at you as if it's your fault when it's clearly not
    What you ask for depends on where you're asking for it.  If I'm in a greasy spoon or equivalent, 'white coffee' can only mean one thing.  If I'm in a dedicated coffee shop, you need to be more specific :-) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Offset said:

What you ask for depends on where you're asking for it.  If I'm in a greasy spoon or equivalent, 'white coffee' can only mean one thing.  If I'm in a dedicated coffee shop, you need to be more specific :-) 
    Yep, that's fair. But I'm guessing a greasy spoon isn't going to ask you about options they don't have.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Any firm that advertises any contact method and then doesn't respond to them.

Phone number - but never picks up.

Email - but never answers them.

That sort of thing. If you don't want to deal with emails, then don't advertise an email address. It's that simple.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    I don't think that any of us will complain about customer service again...  :o
    "Drive-through worker draws gun on 'missing curly fries' customer"
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-66933961
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Any firm that advertises any contact method and then doesn't respond to them.

Phone number - but never picks up.

Email - but never answers them.

That sort of thing. If you don't want to deal with emails, then don't advertise an email address. It's that simple.
    Quiet there!

You are reminding me of the certain unnamed government department (well, OK, no names but it's initials are "tax office") which deliberately provides no email address, no on-line chat contact, no mailing address, and very, very reluctantly, only if you push for it, admits to having a phone number. Of course, they don't pick up.

I eventually got through to the bastards only after  going to my local MP.

(And to be fair to her, her staff were great: they got right onto it and kicked some serious arse.)

• So, moving on from the language people use, a different company now and 3 of their staff involved. I'm looking to buy a used car from a franchised dealer. I found the car online and it's too far away to view in person, so I called for more info. On Monday the sales guy offered to do a detailed video. There's already a 360° walk round and interior video on the public web page so I assumed this video would show more close ups and any cosmetic issues. I've nagged them 4 times, had 3 different sales guys, and only today got a new video which is almost identical except it's outside in the rain though looking even more shiny. The guy mentions my name in the video so it is bespoke, which is nice. But it's hopeless. No better than the one I had already seen. I wouldn't mind if they just said "there's nothing to show you, the car is immaculate" but they bloody offered.

Probably still going to buy the car. I'll explain my frustration to them on the phone tomorrow.
  • swiller said:
    language gets right on my hampton these days.
    • A white cup of coffee please. "Latte"? NO, A FUCKING WHITE CUP OF COFFEE YOU FUKING MONUMENTAL CUNT!!!!!!! I get them to write it on the cup and say i wont accept a cup with latte or americano written on it. 

I'd be really tempted to give you a white cup with black coffee in it.
  • swiller said:
    language gets right on my hampton these days..

• "What can i get for you today" "Is that all you want for today". Im here now you tw@, not for tomorrow or last fuking week you utter cunt.
    • "Patty" (burgers), its a fucking burger you cunt. Why do i want cow shit with a fuking meal?

The last one seems a bit silly. It's the name of the product they sell and it's on their product pricing board. If you want a white coffee in a cup and / or a white cup with unspecified coffee in it, then go somewhere else.

"Patty" has been around since the 17th Century according to the dictionary. It's an evolution of pâté. It is not a word of American origin. It's French / English. Has nothing to do with cow shit at all. It can be used for any chopped food formed into a flat shape, not just meat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter