Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD (BCR Content) - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD (BCR Content)

What's Hot

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I see it's got the full complement of switches!  Actually maybe not, does it have the boost circuit?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_Q said:
    I see it's got the full complement of switches!  Actually maybe not, does it have the boost circuit?
    No boost.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • What have you done with the real @HarrySeven, that guitar looks like it's in working condition, the real @HarrySeven would never lower himself to buying a guitar that doesn't require a lot of work to return it to functioning condition.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Very nice indeed
  • What have you done with the real HarrySeven?
    There is no real H7. He is a fictional character.
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 807
    Insane but looks very playable =)
  • I've always had a soft spot for the Mockingbird and the ten-string Bich in their old school guise, despite them not being near my usual taste. Congratulations, it looks cool and fun
  • What have you done with the real HarrySeven?
    There is no real H7. He is a fictional character.
    This may or may not be true.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    That is one bonkers guitar, and for reasons I can't quite fathom I love it.
  • Looks very nice!  Is it brand new from the current production models?  Is so, how's the quality?  The case looks very solid  =)

I've always wanted a Mockingbird, but could never be bothered with even a decked Floyd.

I'd be interested to know if that upper horn strap button digs into your chest when you're sitting down?  I had a NJ Series Warlock 15 years back that had a similarly placed strap button.
    I've got one, which does have the boost (useless), it also has cloud inlays but I think the diamonds look better.
  • HT986M2 said:
    Looks very nice!  Is it brand new from the current production models?  Is so, how's the quality?  The case looks very solid  =)

It's 2015 and is in rather lovely condition. :)

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Do you own any Spandex Harry to go with such a beast
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650
    edited September 2023
    Do you own any Spandex Harry to go with such a beast
    I might do.

• HT986M2 said:
    I'd be interested to know if that upper horn strap button digs into your chest when you're sitting down?
    I suspect that H7 wears guitars low slung on a strap. As for the strap button digging in, let's just say it is a good thing H7 has already fathered children.
    Be seeing you.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    HT986M2 said:
    I'd be interested to know if that upper horn strap button digs into your chest when you're sitting down?
    I suspect that H7 wears guitars low slung on a strap. As for the strap button digging in, let's just say it is a good thing H7 has already fathered children.

Sperm donor who fathered 550 children ordered to stop...
  • Adding a Bigsby and a Nutbuster would bring this guitar to a whole other level.
  • Bigsby Schmigsby. H7 prefers the Fender Floating vibrato à la Jazzmaster and Jaguar.
    Be seeing you.
  • Congrats! These are seriously good guitars for the money, nice with the Quad rather than the Floyd you normally see too.

Mockingbirds are my favourite shape, lucky to have a few. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • twguitar said:

Mine too! :D

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    edited September 2023
    twguitar said:
    There is something really cool about it- it's like the perfect mix of classy and pointy.

Awesome score @HarrySeven ;;
  • ooof thats pukka
  • UHASUHAS Frets: 120
    Disappointed that there's nothing about the Bay City Rollers here! :)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WoodenheadWoodenhead Frets: 122
    edited September 2023
    Nice! I had a similar quilted maple top ebony fb a few years back, not as many switches though.

I like Mockingbirds but I reckon if Slash had played a Warlock or Bich in the You Could Be Mine video, they would be the go to pointy guitar 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Calla85Calla85 Frets: 15
    Happy NGD! Always liked the Mockingbird but there's been so many variations/ different series over the years struggle know which ones to go for. 
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1334
    Love that. Someday...(maybe :)
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650
    Calla85 said:
    Happy NGD! Always liked the Mockingbird but there's been so many variations/ different series over the years struggle know which ones to go for. 
    It’s a total minefield - insanely micro-differentiated models across multiple factories, in multiple countries, but currently, (IMHO) 2001-ish to say, 2017 MIK seems a good balance re. Quality/Price (although even then, you have a number of different factories/manufacturers to consider).

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    Calla85 said:
    It’s a total minefield - insanely micro-differentiated models across multiple factories, in multiple countries, but currently, (IMHO) 2001-ish to say, 2017 MIK seems a good balance re. Quality/Price (although even then, you have a number of different factories/manufacturers to consider).
    The Czech-built (I think!) one like mine is probably well up there for the value thing- at least at the price I paid (IIRC something like £550 new on Thomann several years ago). Ah I just remembered/looked it up- Calibre Classic it was called.

It was supposed to have a Duncan Distortion and Jazz but when I finally got around to checking it had a JB and '59! Not a problem in terms of the quality of the pickups- but annoying considering I already had the JB and '59 stock in a couple of other guitars... also a bit annoying since I didn't exactly cover myself in glory in not identifying by ear that it didn't have the pickups it was supposed to have!
  • Still think it needs and would look loads better with a Bigsby and Nutbuster.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Dave_Mc said:
    Calla85 said:
    The Czech-built (I think!) one like mine is probably well up there for the value thing- at least at the price I paid (IIRC something like £550 new on Thomann several years ago). Ah I just remembered/looked it up- Calibre Classic it was called.

It was supposed to have a Duncan Distortion and Jazz but when I finally got around to checking it had a JB and '59! Not a problem in terms of the quality of the pickups- but annoying considering I already had the JB and '59 stock in a couple of other guitars... also a bit annoying since I didn't exactly cover myself in glory in not identifying by ear that it didn't have the pickups it was supposed to have!
    Don't be hard on yourself, @Dave_Mc - neck-through construction, lots of maple etc.  All has its effect! :)

I remember those Calibre Classics, I spent quite a lot of time researching them.  I can't remember what (if anything) put me off buying one in the end.  They certainly looked a lot like the original USA models, with the "R" headstock logo and everything.

My Mockingbird is a Japanese model, but I don't know much about the specifics.  it looks a lot like a USA one, with the full complement of switches, and again the "R" logo.  The pickups are Duncans but I've no idea which models they are.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter