Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Favourite comedy albums? Yours? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Favourite comedy albums? Yours?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    when I was a kid at school in the 80s, The Macc Lads cassettes got passed about quite a lot, we thought it was great but definitely will not have aged well in these more enlightened times. we just liked it for the swearing. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    when I was a kid at school in the 80s, The Macc Lads cassettes got passed about quite a lot, we thought it was great but definitely will not have aged well in these more enlightened times. we just liked it for the swearing. 
    Sweary records were non existent when I was a kid and were still quite the novelty even in the late 60s early 70s when I was a teenager. Hence the popularity of all the Rugby Songs and Blaster Bates records. The pub I used to drink in had a jukebox that had one single that got played to death, Fuck You by a band called Lucifer. It was dirgy rubbish but it got selected just for the novelty sweary shock value (see also all the crappy Judge Dread singles like Big Six). 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • when I was a kid at school in the 80s, The Macc Lads cassettes got passed about quite a lot, we thought it was great but definitely will not have aged well in these more enlightened times. we just liked it for the swearing. 
    I loved the Lads back in the day.  Saw them live many times…100 Club, Kilburn, Opera On The Green etc.    
    But, as you say, they haven’t aged well… and their social media output is, er… problematic in this day and age.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ‘Hey Mr Bassman….”

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    Spinal Tap has to be up there, and for vulgarity any Kevin Wilson album.

All of them will be trumped by my soon to be released spoken word concept album of dramatic readings of every comment made by axisus purely to say he doesn't like something/hasn't hear/read it/or in some other way comments purely to be in the thread and express a lack of relevance. 

It's going to be a belter.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Offset said:
    Derek And Clive Live.
    Plus Derek and Clive Come Again, and Ad Nauseum.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blobb said:
    Neil's Heavy Concept Album. But calling it comedy really does it a diservice given the alumni of Canterbury legends who make an appearence. It's a Dave Stewart album in all but name. If you haven't heard it, it's brilliant.
    I had this as a teenager. Lentil Nightmare is a great track. And the lounge version of God Save The Queen was way ahead of its time.
  • Beer Hall Putsch is incredible, like all Stanhope. 

Love a bit of Joey Diaz. He has several good ones. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • RobDavies said:
    ‘Hey Mr Bassman….”

Get the fuckin' night bus home 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    Snags said:
    Spinal Tap has to be up there, and for vulgarity any Kevin Wilson album.

All of them will be trumped by my soon to be released spoken word concept album of dramatic readings of every comment made by axisus purely to say he doesn't like something/hasn't hear/read it/or in some other way comments purely to be in the thread and express a lack of relevance. 

It's going to be a belter.
    No idea what you just wrote, that’s a comment I would never read.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sassafras said:
    I thought the OP meant comedy music albums.
    The perils of not pinning down the subject matter in the thread title!

I meant stand up comedy albums - of which there are many out there.
    I was expecting Pryor, Hicks (wore out the tapes of Relentless and Dangerous in the car back in the 90s) - and even the UK contingent - Boyle, Carr?! etc..

People on here seem to have taken it as about comedy music albums (so it's obv. Bad News, Spinal Tap and Troggs Tapes album -  "Put a little bit of fu*cking fairy dust over the bastard").
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
  • Dave8 said:
    Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band - Gorilla 
    And the equestrian statue & lookout there’s a monster coming 
  • Ivor cutler  life in a scotch sitting room 

Voiding the bowells was unheard of in those days, people just kept it in
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    Stand up? Reg D Hunter - In the Midst of Crackers.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • wesker123 said:
    RobDavies said:
    ‘Hey Mr Bassman….”

Get the fuckin' night bus home 
    Play the fackin' bass. 

On a clear day...
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jdgm said:
    I sold "Sir Henry at Ndidi's Krall" by Viv Stanshall. 
    Similarly controversial by today's sanctimonious standards, The Collected Broadcasts of Idi Amin. Based on the Punch magazine columns written by Alan Coren. Performed by John Bird.

If you have never heard/read these, Amin was mocked for his monstrous deeds and ludicrous opinions rather than his skin pigmentation.
    Be seeing you.