Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Autumn tomorrow - when does the heating go on - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Autumn tomorrow - when does the heating go on

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2493
    Dominic said:
    That's exactly the difference between the officers and the men....
    No decent Country House would consider putting heating on before Guy Fawkes night 
    Put a good jumper on and stop wittering 

I agree with everything except the superflous O.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_Q said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    Single glazed sashes look nice but they’re not very practical. 

Mine don't, they're knackered and they look awful.  I'd love to get them replaced but it's such a hassle.
    I’ve paid a deposit on repairs and some glass replacement to slimline double glazed. The guy has gone quiet because his mum is ill and I fear I’ve been ripped off. Very keen to avoid a repeat of last year’s bills. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Ours went on last night for the first time since spring, mainly to check that our fecking boiler was working.  I wasn't going to wait until it was sub-zero before finding out it was buggered!

Mercifully it kicked in and we were nice and toasty.  Our holly tree has loads of berries on it this year and that's usually a sign we're in for a tough winter, so brace yourselves!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Philly_Q said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    Single glazed sashes look nice but they’re not very practical. 

Mine don't, they're knackered and they look awful.  I'd love to get them replaced but it's such a hassle.
    I’ve paid a deposit on repairs and some glass replacement to slimline double glazed. The guy has gone quiet because his mum is ill and I fear I’ve been ripped off. Very keen to avoid a repeat of last year’s bills. 
    Fingers crossed for you!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Heating won't be on for a while but the boiler will have to be on for a little longer in the mornings unless I suddenly develop a liking for tepid showers. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    This afternoon I’ve lit the log burner. Does that count? The central heating won’t go on for a while yet.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Sporky said:
    Dominic said:

No decent Country House would consider putting heating on before Guy Fawkes night 
    Neither would any true Scotsman, right?
    Wrong. This Scotsman cracked the other day and put the CH on when it was 12 deg here in Fife and I had to wear a hat at my desk. I woke up this morning sweating as it's 20 deg C outside today. The heating is off again.
  • @Philly_Q Cheers!

I need to buy coal and wood. I’ve got a multi-fuel stove and open fire and very little fuel!
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    edited September 2023
    I’m confused.

Don’t you all have thermostats?  Set a daytime and overnight high and a low and be done with it?  I only make a minor adjustment from season to season.

I’m not sure what a boiler is.
  • Just fitted a Tado smart thermostat.
    Have set yh defaults the same as my old manual one.
    Same times same temperature, will be interesting to see what AI and geofencing will do to my bill.

• Dominic said:
    That's exactly the difference between the officers and the men....
    Put a good jumper on and stop wittering 

That sums up the entire problem with the UK, we keep celebrating failure.