Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Daniel Khalife pleads not guilty to Wandsworth prison escape - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Daniel Khalife pleads not guilty to Wandsworth prison escape

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    I believe his argument will likely be that as he feels he has been detained for a crime he didn't commit, his detention is not lawful therefore he cannot be found guilty of escape.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    Regardless of whether he was found guilty or not guilty of the original crimes he was facing while on remand, he could still be found guilty of escaping because it was the direction of the court that he be remanded.  Whether or not the prosecution service would decide to keep pushing this if he was found not guilty would be interesting to see given the embarrassment and publicity that surrounded the escape.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I believe his argument will likely be that as he feels he has been detained for a crime he didn't commit, his detention is not lawful therefore he cannot be found guilty of escape.
    It won’t be, because escaping after a lawful arrest is a separate offence, even if later the original matter has no further action.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I propose another round of arguing with the person who does the topic (not the title) of the thread for a living. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Emp_Fab said:
    It won’t be, because escaping after a lawful arrest is a separate offence, even if later the original matter has no further action.
    Indeed, but that doesn't stop him claiming it.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    Sporky said:
    I propose another round of arguing with the person who does the topic (not the title) of the thread for a living. 
    Way too cryptic for this place.  Drink a bottle of plonk and have another go.
  • danodano Frets: 1484
    Wow I wouldn't want to be the poor lawyer who gets assigned to his case. 
    He needs Lionel Hutz
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Haych said:
    crunchman said:
    Haych said:
    I think if I were him I would plead not guilty too.  

OK, it's a daft plea as far as common sense goes, but if you think about his daily routine for the foreseeable future, getting a couple of days in court is a change of scenery and a change of routine.  

It must be fairly monotonous in prison, so seeing the outside in any kind of capacity, even if that's a courtroom for a few hours, it's gotta be worth it, right?

I wouldn't.  It will lead to longer in jail.  If you plead guilty, you get time off your sentence.  If this is tacked on to the end of whatever sentence he gets, then he could well end up spending an extra 6 months or so inside.
    Yeah, but he knows he's probably screwed anyway so won't be seeing the outside for a while, it'll make little difference.
    Don't forget he was on remand.  To date, he hasn't been found guilty of anything prior to his escape.  Doing a bunk from chokey before his trial does suggest that he thinks there was a fairly strong case against  him however  ;)
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    Offset said:
    Haych said:
    crunchman said:
    Haych said:
    I think if I were him I would plead not guilty too.  

OK, it's a daft plea as far as common sense goes, but if you think about his daily routine for the foreseeable future, getting a couple of days in court is a change of scenery and a change of routine.  

It must be fairly monotonous in prison, so seeing the outside in any kind of capacity, even if that's a courtroom for a few hours, it's gotta be worth it, right?

I wouldn't.  It will lead to longer in jail.  If you plead guilty, you get time off your sentence.  If this is tacked on to the end of whatever sentence he gets, then he could well end up spending an extra 6 months or so inside.
    Yeah, but he knows he's probably screwed anyway so won't be seeing the outside for a while, it'll make little difference.
    Don't forget he was on remand.  To date, he hasn't been found guilty of anything prior to his escape.  Doing a bunk from chokey before his trial does suggest that he thinks there was a fairly strong case against  him however  ;)
    Oh, indeed.  Hence why he knows he's screwed and will be doing much porridge.

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.