Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Daniel Khalife pleads not guilty to Wandsworth prison escape - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Daniel Khalife pleads not guilty to Wandsworth prison escape

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
Oh dear, does this mean that they have to come up with evidence to prove that he escaped? 

I'm guessing that he didn't really think that plea through

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66876658
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    I'm guessing he means he is not guilty as he doesn't believe he should have been there in the first place but its certainly a stretch as pleas go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • He could simply be wanting to waste time and money out of spite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    He'll be back in chokey regardless, the prick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • He could simply be wanting to waste time and money out of spite.
    Agree with this
  • Of course I didn't escape. The lorry drove out, and I was lost once I managed to get away from it. ;)

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 2989
    tFB Trader
    His argument will be whether he unlawfully gained his liberty for 15 minutes or more. The definition of 'unlawful' and 'liberty' will be central to his case.

He will lose, of course, but will be interesting to see what his defence team argues.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Wow I wouldn't want to be the poor lawyer who gets assigned to his case. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    He could simply be wanting to waste time and money out of spite.
    I think Fretmeister is right. 

What a twat (Khalife not Fretmeister!). 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    It’s quite amusing that this now has to be reported as he “allegedly escaped” from Wandsworth Prison
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3112
    edited September 2023
    He does not sound like he is 100% there. Touch of geeky ASD maybe? A lot of the stuff he is accused of seems like awkward kid silliness and his escape plan was not very thorough.

i would not be surprised to find he was being bullied in the Army.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Got to admire the brass
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    roberty said:
    Got to admire the brass
    And here, the brass are great!

• It was all an unfortunate accident. 
  • steersteer Frets: 1043
    Perhaps he was sunbathing in the back yard and then accidently got caught up in the axle of the delivery lorry when it drove into the yard.  It could happen to anyone really. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    the poor lawyer
    ?????
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    edited September 2023
    TTony said:
    the poor lawyer
    ?????
    I think he meant 'unfortunate' rather than 'impecunious' :-)
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    He'll claim he never left prison and it was an elaborate hoax by the security services to frame him.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Offset said:
    TTony said:
    the poor lawyer
    ?????
    He'll be crying into his PRS collection tonight
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Offset said:
    TTony said:
    the poor lawyer
    ?????
    I think he probably did too  ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    CHRISB50 said:
    He could simply be wanting to waste time and money out of spite.
    I think Fretmeister is right. 

What a twat (Khalife not Fretmeister!). 
    I can vouch for Fretmeister being very much not-a-twat. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    It's like the Loretta scene in Life Of Brian

Let's all agree that he has the right to plead not guilty to escaping from prison, even though he did escape from prison.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Certainly an interesting one 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    edited September 2023
    During wartime it's a prisoner's duty to try and escape.
    Maybe he sees himself as a prisoner of war.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    He’s not very bright, I think. He was caught after four days within a few miles of the prison. If he’d been serious about getting away properly he would have been nowhere near London and possibly out of the country by then.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    In the words of Homer Simpson, D'oh!

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

• I'm just glad no one got hurt while he was being hunted because no one really knows what his mindset was while on the run and cornered.  Being an ex-solder as well gave it that extra dimension.  

Same could be said about that Brazilian prisoner who escaped from Pennsylvania prison around the same time as Khalife.  And he was worse because he was a convicted murderer and he was actually able to steal a gun while on the run.  Glad no one got hurt there as well.  
    I think if I were him I would plead not guilty too.  

OK, it's a daft plea as far as common sense goes, but if you think about his daily routine for the foreseeable future, getting a couple of days in court is a change of scenery and a change of routine.  

It must be fairly monotonous in prison, so seeing the outside in any kind of capacity, even if that's a courtroom for a few hours, it's gotta be worth it, right?

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Haych said:

OK, it's a daft plea as far as common sense goes, but if you think about his daily routine for the foreseeable future, getting a couple of days in court is a change of scenery and a change of routine.  

It must be fairly monotonous in prison, so seeing the outside in any kind of capacity, even if that's a courtroom for a few hours, it's gotta be worth it, right?

I wouldn't.  It will lead to longer in jail.  If you plead guilty, you get time off your sentence.  If this is tacked on to the end of whatever sentence he gets, then he could well end up spending an extra 6 months or so inside.
    crunchman said:
    Haych said:

I wouldn't.  It will lead to longer in jail.  If you plead guilty, you get time off your sentence.  If this is tacked on to the end of whatever sentence he gets, then he could well end up spending an extra 6 months or so inside.
    Yeah, but he knows he's probably screwed anyway so won't be seeing the outside for a while, it'll make little difference.

• roberty said:
    Offset said:
    TTony said:
    the poor lawyer
    ?????
    He'll be crying into his PRS collection tonight
    Not if he's a Legal Aid lawyer he won't.