Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Zemaitis - anyone got or had one? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Zemaitis - anyone got or had one?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AK99 said:
    Voxman said:
    In all my guitar travels I've not only never played one, but I've never actually seen one in the flesh. Quite an uncommon guitar I think, and the only famous player I can immediately think of that played one is Ronnie Wood. 
    The late great James Honeyman Scott used to use one fairly regularly I believe:

Johnny Depp also plays them quite a lot with his band ''The Hollywood Vampires''.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 557
    edited October 2023
    Coincidentally this original one just popped up at Vintage 'n' Rare, asking £50k. 

They're not my cup of tea, anyway, but this one would look much better if it had an all-over foliage design instead of that horrible dragon at the bottom.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    edited October 2023
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I have absolutely zero problem with the dragon! That one’s amazing :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • There’s a cool copy of one at charlie chandlers for under £800 atm. Plays nice. Looks good. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Haven’t had a Zemaitis, although was very tempted by a cheap one guitarguitar was selling a few years back. However, that led to my tracking down Teye guitars and I had a lovey el Platero for a while. They are very blatantly inspired by Zemaitis and Teye does own a couple of originals. Like everything they’ve gone up in prices lot, but damn good guitars and have that 70s Stones/Faces mojo in spades. Worth a look if you come across one at a sensible price.
    Ah-ha.  Never heard of 'em but now your username is finally explained  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I can remember seeing a few Teye guitars online a number of years ago, and reading all about them. I was quite tempted for a while, but then the prices went up, like everyone else's.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Or look at a James Trussart metal top LP style model or indeed the Steel Deville  - A few cool options inc colours plus with or without Bigsby and even TV Jones
    I will be making my version soon, just got some decorating to do first that is eating into my build time.

I drew some plans

I've already done an inlaid wooden top prototype

and been practicing with engraved metal plates

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2023
    ^ I hadn't seen that second one before, @WezV. ;I love that "dog hair" finish (apologies if you prefer not to call it a dog hair finish  ).
    WezV said:
    I will be making my version soon, just got some decorating to do first that is eating into my build time.

I drew some plans

I can assure you I'm watching this one with keen interest!! 
    tFB Trader
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:

I drew some plans

both look cool - No, they look very cool
    Philly_Q said:
     (apologies if you prefer not to call it a dog hair finish  ).
    I'm sticking with Cat hair - far more accurate since I actually have a black cat with white flecks in his fur
    WezV said:
    Philly_Q said:
     (apologies if you prefer not to call it a dog hair finish  ).
    I'm sticking with Cat hair - far more accurate since I actually have a black cat with white flecks in his fur
    I thought you might say that. :)
    Looks nice but not on the same level at the proper ones. I'm still very keen to try some properly in Feb when we're in Japan. 

40th next year so I'm making a shortlist of cool shit that would make a really special present to mark it... the current shortlist is Goldtop LP, full-bling ES-335/355 with Bigsby, maybe a historic SG, or a Zemaitis.
  • Looks nice but not on the same level at the proper ones. I'm still very keen to try some properly in Feb when we're in Japan. 

40th next year so I'm making a shortlist of cool shit that would make a really special present to mark it... the current shortlist is Goldtop LP, full-bling ES-335/355 with Bigsby, maybe a historic SG, or a Zemaitis.
    All very nice options. 
    Looks nice but not on the same level at the proper ones. I'm still very keen to try some properly in Feb when we're in Japan. 

All very nice options. 
    Yeah it's a nice problem to have and I'm grateful to be a position to deal with it!

Of course I could also just give up on life and buy a PRS, but I just don't think I'm there yet :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter