Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Dear Lord it's hot! - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Dear Lord it's hot!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Emp_Fab said:
    I have to say, I'm not particularly enjoying this break.  It will be a while before I return to Spain I think.  Perhaps I've just been unlucky in my interactions but so far I've found the locals to be grumpy, rude, impatient and arrogant.  You get the feeling that very little has changed since the 70's in respect of the architecture, decor, fashion and patriarchal attitudes.  Also, the whole place seems to shut down between 3pm and 8pm.  I know the tradition of siesta, but ffs, it's 2023...   You can't even get a snack between those hours.  Strange, rather unfriendly place.
    Don't try France next.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchman said:
    I really didn't need a mental image of Emp in his Y fronts.
    This thread needs Pictures we must think of the ladies  who may be deprived of such a visage 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    Emp_Fab said:
    I have to say, I'm not particularly enjoying this break.  It will be a while before I return to Spain I think.  Perhaps I've just been unlucky in my interactions but so far I've found the locals to be grumpy, rude, impatient and arrogant.  You get the feeling that very little has changed since the 70's in respect of the architecture, decor, fashion and patriarchal attitudes.  Also, the whole place seems to shut down between 3pm and 8pm.  I know the tradition of siesta, but ffs, it's 2023...   You can't even get a snack between those hours.  Strange, rather unfriendly place.
    Are you sure you're not in Torquay?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    You acclimatise to it, a few years ago I drive through the Mojave Desert, it was about 40°C dudes were walking about in jeans without breaking a sweat. I was a red faced heaving sweaty mess. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Extreme humidity is deffo more uncomfortable than extreme heat ... although both together, plus making a schoolboy error, is a category all of its own.

A few years ago, my younger son's wedding was in Jakarta ... in July. It was 38C & 90%RH and feqwit me decided to wear full Scottish national dress
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Emp_Fab said:
    That’s the problem with experiencing a different culture, it’s different……….

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The most severe place in terms of shop opening times I've been to is Germany. In rural areas the shops have very limited opening times but even in larger places they are very strict about no Sunday opening. The only places open on a Sunday are cafes and restaurants. What you have is a lot of cafe-bakeries so if on a Sunday you want a loaf of bread or a cake you can buy these at the counter in a cafe but that's the only shopping you can do. 
    Bavaria has some lovely towns and castles. Lot of hefty northern European food as well as beer and wine. Stop at BandBs, have a touring holiday. See how fast Emp can get his Civic on an autobahnen. Just get your shopping done on Saturday. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    Nice short thread.....