Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Has Anyone Ever Tried To Build A Scottish Bagpipes - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Build A Scottish Bagpipes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 202
    edited September 2023
    Cols said:
    I’m afraid that EHX actually announced the launch of that one on 1st April 2018.
    You are quite right: 2019 was a typo. No fooling you, eh?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I found this about bagpipes keys and scales:

http://www.campin.me.uk/Music/Modes/Modes-bagpipes.abc#:~:text=Pipe tunes frequently use pentatonic,(tunes%20ending%20on%20D).

Which looks pretty clever, but at this point on a Friday night, a more sober head than mine will have to analyse it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    ICBM said:
    From 1746 until 1996 they were defined as a military weapon and not a musical instrument :).
    Since then they've been covered under "war crime".
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 595
    I used to amuse myself by tuning an acoustic to EBEBBE. Made it easy to play drones and vaguely bagpipish melodies. Haven’t tried it for years… if I get time this weekend….
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2239
    Did Big Country not also use e-bows?

Any such pedal will have to have a "skirl" control.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    Play NEAR THE WINDOW and we will all help you out..
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Ddigger said:
    Did Big Country not also use e-bows?

Any such pedal will have to have a "skirl" control.
    Stuart Adamson used a EBow on a few Big Country songs over the years.
    Ive recently been trying to get the sounds on a few tracks with my EBow plus but still haven’t come anywhere near close to mastering what Stuart did.
    I’m also amazed how this topic has taken off with a life of its own Cool.
  • Roland said:
    Guthrie Govan used his AxeFX (or it might have been an FM9) to create the bagpipe effect for the Atriedes theme in Dune.
    This is neat, the soundtrack was rad.
  • I wonder how many people wish they could play like Guthrie Govan ?
    IMO he’s one of the most outstanding players ever.
    I could watch him for hours on his fretless guitar.
    Always comes over as a really likeable guy in interviews I’ve seen.
  • It’s a brae bricht moonlit nicht, Tom said boo and the cow said moo
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I wonder how many people wish they could play like Guthrie Govan ?
    I wonder of that group, how many are willing to put in the same time and effort to practicing, and how many just lie to themselves about "talent". 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    It’s a brae bricht moonlit nicht, Tom said boo and the cow said moo
    Brae?  Tom?  Cow?

Braw. Tam.  Coo.