Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Squier 40th Anni Strat £259 - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Squier 40th Anni Strat £259

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Pd1020Pd1020 Frets: 4
    edited September 2023
    Hmm a nyatoh body. On a scale from feather to boat anchor I wonder how heavy it is. Nice price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • edited September 2023
    Pd1020 said:
    Hmm a nyatoh body. On a scale from feather to boat anchor I wonder how heavy it is. Nice price.
    Peach have/had two in stock. 7lbs 12oz and 8lbs 6oz
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Pd1020 said:
    Peach have/had two in stock. 7lbs 12oz and 8lbs 6oz
    Not a bad weight.. I could live with it. That sunburst finish though, it's like why bother? Just finish it all black.

If I was looking for a beater stratocaster I would snag one of these in a heartbeat. 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    Jazzmasters for cheap as well 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • White pickups & knobs on a black pickguard...eew. Also, why can nobody do actual sunbursts any more? It's just brown with a (weirdly thick) black line around the edge; sunbursts are supposed to fade between colours...
  • DrBob said:
    Jazzmasters for cheap as well 
    I was eyeing up the SFG one earlier, and the dakota red Offset Tele WR...
  • Extending the black of the sunburst to follow the edge of the rear contour was what Fender used to do to hide veneered multi-piece bodies.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    Pd1020 said:
    most importantly, what are the tonal characteristics of nyatoh?
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1786
    carlos said:
    Pd1020 said:
    Mahogany substitute, as used for cheap BC Richs, Yamahas and Vintages in the 90s.

I've tried these in my local and there's better things out there (I'd save up for something better), but Basschat disagree with me and they're going down the Peach '58 LP route, so it's up to you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I own one of the seafoam jazzmasters and it's excellent. Very light and resonant. Compares pretty well to my american vintage ii jazzmaster. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    If there is a weak point on these at all it’s the pickups. They’re not bad and it sounds like a Strat, it just doesn’t sound as good as it could do. The body on mine was perfect, a nice weight, very resonant and evenly balanced across the frequencies. 

I’d have no problem recommending one, this is fantastic value. 
  • Never mind the tone, can you call this a sunburst?
    https://ibb.co/rHcKkQm
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    Pd1020 said:
    Never mind the tone, can you call this a sunburst?
    https://ibb.co/rHcKkQm
    Nope. But I’d rather have that than than a three tone. Anything that loses the red is more for me. 
  • Looking again at those Thomann glamour shots, is it normal for the intonation screws to be longer on the plain strings than the wound? Or is that just a "squier" thing.

Eh, it's better than any sunburst I could attempt with spray cans in my shed. Honestly need to try one of these before buying sight unseen.
  • Schnozz said:
    carlos said:
    Pd1020 said:
    Mahogany substitute, as used for cheap BC Richs, Yamahas and Vintages in the 90s.

I've tried these in my local and there's better things out there (I'd save up for something better), but Basschat disagree with me and they're going down the Peach '58 LP route, so it's up to you.
    Saw the thread there, do you think something like a used yamaha bb434 would be a much better option for a p style bass? 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
    edited September 2023
    Tone control on bridge p/up too which is very useful. Plus vintage 'slot' tuners that I very much like. The 21 frets is inconvenient though (yes, I do go up to the dusky end a fair bit)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Just ordered the ds Jazzmaster !!! Bargain. 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    bluenile said:
    Schnozz said:
    carlos said:
    Pd1020 said:

Saw the thread there, do you think something like a used yamaha bb434 would be a much better option for a p style bass? 

A bb434 will probably be a better instrument imo - It's not a P bass though!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’ve just ordered a Squier Paranormal offset tele in Crimson red for £225 shipped.
    Well pleased at that price!
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    That's a crazy deal. If I weren't set for JMs I'd be all over it.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    Don’t I keep looking at that one 
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    careful..
    prob returns from other customers, blemishes in finish, crappy frets etc
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • swiller said:
    careful..
    prob returns from other customers, blemishes in finish, crappy frets etc
    Thomann are good (i.e. honest) at listing returns as B-stock items.
  • I’ve gone for a strat and a Jazz bass at those prices.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    edited September 2023
    There are loads of them

https://www.gearnews.com/guitar-deals-thomann-squier-end-of-summer-deals/

We chose our Top 5 the other day
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

• I keep looking at the red P bass
  • stonevibe said:
    There are loads of them

https://www.gearnews.com/guitar-deals-thomann-squier-end-of-summer-deals/

We chose our Top 5 the other day
    2 days after I broke the news I see... where's my finders fee? 
  • I’ve just ordered a Squier Paranormal offset tele in Crimson red for £225 shipped.
    Well pleased at that price!
    Yeah I was close to getting that with the bucker !

Good score sir
  • That’s what GMusicman20 said:
    That’s what GAK said when I asked to price match lol
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter