Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). More conversations with my daughter - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

More conversations with my daughter

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    My daughter is 21 now
    Just passed her degree - 1st
    We are great friends as well
    Maybe I got lucky 
    we have a great relationship 
    Even going to Croatia together in a few days
    She loves sport - goes to cricket and football with me sometimes 

yes we can have the odd word but both always apologise 

She’s looking for work now so dare say she will be moving away again soon - but when she was at uni she was always keeping in touch be it a quick text, FaceTime and/ or home every 2/3 weeks 

Can’t fault our relationship 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited September 2023
    Not a daughter as I don't have one but when my son was a few years old, despite liking a bath, he never liked his hair being washed and it was a real battle.
    We asked him why and without knowing what it really was but recognising a word, he said
    'It's because you put ShamPOO on my head. It's got poo in it'

On another occasion, for a few years he used to like buses a lot and one snowy day, he looked out upon the back garden and saw 2 copulating foxes and shouted out 'Double-decker foxes'!

I can talk...when I was 7 and on a school trip to Guildford Cathedral (yes, the one in The Omen), the tour guide asked why the eagle was chosen for the lecterns and quicker than Lee Mack, I said 'Because they're Birds of Prey'
    8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    edited September 2023 tFB Trader
    munckee said:

My daughter is going to uni on 23rd September. I’m very sad for me about her not being around but I’m excited for her and told her to go and have all the fun she can and have a ball. 
    I was exactly the same when my daughter went to Uni
    I cried a bit when I got back home but she has to find her way.
    Soon got use to it and then it becomes so special when they call, even text or nip back for the odd weekend and holidays 

Plus they don’t forget who runs the best taxi service and what a great bank manager they have access to 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    mgaw said:
    One further point if I may, it’s very important to understand that eating disorders are a serious mental health issue very often it’s a need to feel some ‘control’

Very much this part. In a world where someone can be feeling lost & unheard, misunderstood, disliked, friendless, ugly, lonely, freakish etc. etc. then any degree of control over any aspect of your life can be a huge thing, no matter how harmful or inappropriate that behaviour might seem to others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    munckee said:
    rlw said:
    Thank God I never had kids is all I can say.

Client of mine, young firmly Jewish father of two very pretty girls, spent half his time in the office talking to one or other of them, giving them lectures on which boys were, and which boys were not, suitable company and which events they might attend together.

To say he was worried sick about the first one leaving home for uni, would be not doing the situation justice.

I had to laugh, and I knew what he meant, when he said " I know what teenage boys are like; I was one once and I wouldn't let either of my daughters go out with me" :)

Life is hard enough.

My daughter is going to uni on 23rd September. I’m very sad for me about her not being around but I’m excited for her and told her to go and have all the fun she can and have a ball. 
    Which is probably the only attitude to adopt and rightly so. 
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    My daughter slayed us this morning. She'll be 2 in a couple of weeks. I read her a story called "Panda Says Sorry" about a young panda called Sonny who accidentally upsets his friends until they don't want to play with him any more. We get to the page where the panda's mum says;

"There's a word that you say when you do something that makes your friends sad. And I think you already know what the word is, don't you Sonny?".

And I think to myself: She's got this. She says sorry regularly. I'll get her to fill in the blanks here.

So I say to my daughter "Do you know what the word is?"

And she nonchalantly says "That one.", points at the word "Do" on the page, and jumps off the sofa to go and play with her crayons.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter