Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Only One Stomp Box Allowed …. - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Only One Stomp Box Allowed ….

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• maharg101 said:
    Captain Coconut
    This
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Currently - Kernom Ridge

Historically - KOT

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tone1 said:
    Toss up between my Thorpyfx Bonertender or my Skreddy hybrid fuzz driver….or my Lovepedal Les Lius….can’t decide  :#
    The Hybrid Fuzz Driver is a great pedal, I bought one a few months back but am still trying to figure out what setting I like best! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Timmy!
  • If wah can be considered for this question then that is my final answer. And I didn't even have to phone a friend....
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 3795
    Origin Revival Trem I reckon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Depends on the output stage? ie:the amp.

Can't go far  wrong with a bitcrusher, Or a Miku if the amp has bit crushing built in.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ibanez TS9. It's the one I use the most with a combo or amp head and is the secret weapon to my tone.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 874
    maharg101 said:
    Captain Coconut
    V1, V2 or Hybrid?
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    Probably Neunaber Slate, because it is the size of a compact pedal, but can do lots of different effects (some simultaneously, some singly).
  • Back in the 80s I played loads of gigs with a master volume reverb amp and one Boss chorus pedal (yes, it was the 80s).  I still think I could be reasonably happy with a MV amp with a decent reverb and no pedals.  Over the past few years I've mainly played with just a Flyrig 5, but recently I've switched to an HXFX, mainly because I wanted to experiment with a compressor, but it's not exactly necessary.  If I was restricted one single-use stompbox nowadays it'd be a delay.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Gadget said:
    maharg101 said:
    Captain Coconut
    V1, V2 or Hybrid?
    V2 with the vintage germanium fuzz card.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • Keeley Super Phat Mod, if we’re talking single function pedals. 

I’d be tempted to cheat and take Keeley Tone Workstation or a Wampler Terraform, though. 
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 486
    Origin Revival Drive Compact or Barber Gain Changer
    maharg101 said:
    Gadget said:
    maharg101 said:
    Captain Coconut
    V1, V2 or Hybrid?
    V2 with the vintage germanium fuzz card.

Cool. I have it too :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    SCH-1
  • thefezthefez Frets: 122
    Nocturne Mystery Brain

• Either H90 or if that is disallowed then RAT.  
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 606
    I'd go with @thefez and have a mystery brain.  Or perhaps a Beebo if that's allowed?
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2775
    Deucetone Rat.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 4817
    edited September 2023
    Is there a delay with a separately tweak able preamp that works even when the delay is off?

I reckon you could probably persuade the DD-500 to do that.

It's not something BOSS advertise as a feature exactly, but it's got fairly comprehensive EQ, the ability to boost the signal above unity, a mode that lets you run two presets simultaneous (one of which can be just boost/EQ), and I *think* you can even set it up as 4CM so you could have the boost in front of the amp and the delay in the effects loop if that's how you roll.

So yeah, I reckon that would be my pick.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 505
    Wampler Terraform.  I think I could manage with just amp gain, so the Terraform would give me plenty of options.  Either that or TC Flashback 
  • Ditto looper
  • Flint
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    edited September 2023
    Someone said Gain Changer which is a good shout as it has the higher/lower gain toggle depending on the gig. 

But tbh of its a 1 pedal limit I'd probably set the TMDR on 8 and use the guitar volume, and use an MXR Echoplex or Keeley Halo delay. Or a wah. 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • I would just feed the lot of you to some handily available tigers and then take your pedals.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    TC Plethora X5
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• I would just feed the lot of you to some handily available tigers and then take your pedals.
    Hah ha! You clearly don’t realise my full name is, “Screaming Dave - Tiger Killer”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter